Unusual nail art more Pics!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TAYVIARN

Reaction score
aw i certainly dont hate your work its just very unusual and not to everyones taste, they are just a bit too "curvy" for my likin but thats just my opinion and if your clients like it more power to ya hon!!

Hi You guys hate my work so much ui'm not sure what to expect, or if you ever gonna start to like it!!

Hi there :hug:
Cool that you post your pictures anyway. the moste importing thing is to share with fellow collegues even though everyone has different tastes, opinions etc...
I wanted to say that the nailart is nice with all the flowers and stones, i see that you putted quite a bit of work in it... but that the base is a bit different then what i am used to :) i guess it is mostly the length and the strong curve which is something i don´t see often and have to get used to a bit when i saw the pictures for the first few seconds. Hope you understand that since i don´t want to be judgemental since i don´t feel that there is one universal way on how nails should look since there are so many different people out there with different tastes.

Thx for posting and showing something new and different to behold :green:

I like the third picture, they are curvy but more balanced and better proportioned so pleasing to my eye.

The first two, to me, look deformed, massively thick, twisted and unnatural like. This is an opinion, not a critique or assessment. I don't hate your work, I find it interesting and thought provoking and creates debate which is all good in my book.

I do not hate your work, i think you are very talented. If your clients like their nails like that then obviously you do a lovely job. Everyone has their own opinion and ways of finishing their nails so dont take it personally :). x x

Your nail art is lovely.

The nails themselves are, to my taste anyway, are all 'wrong'.

The pink should mirror what a natural nail bed should look like - not be way up past the end of the finger. The nails are far too long and the curve is most unnatural. The nails are too thick.

This is just my opinion of course.

I love nail art and the art work is lovely, The nails however are not to my taste I like nail enhancements to look natural and a nice length but each to their own and if this is your way then keep posting those pics :)

I like the third picture, they are curvy but more balanced and better proportioned so pleasing to my eye.

The first two, to me, look deformed, massively thick, twisted and unnatural like.

totally agree with trinity here. the third picture is definately the better of the three. as for the other two, i cant believe people actually want their nails to look like this!!! no offence, the art is lovely, but my god the nails... how the heck do people do every day activities with big thick claws on their fingers? :rolleyes: i would have finger ache after just 5 minutes lol.

but like i said, your art is lovely. id really love to see some pics of natural looking enhancements that you have done with your art on them.

x

y'all make me laugh. My fingers would ach aswell if they where that long. In fact i dont really ware nails only for a day or two then i gotta get em off!! Lol

i think the art work is wicked :green:, but as i have said before the actual nail shape isnt my cuppa tea ,
at the end of the day if your clients are happy and you are happy then thats the main thing xxx

Nobody 'hates' your work, or even used that word.
People are trying to give you honest and constructive critique which is INTENDED to help you.

While I appreciate that you offer a different style and that is what your clients desire; the results are inconsistent. It's one thing to offer a different style. It's quite another to have inconsistent shape that's lumpy and bumpy with sidewalls that need improvement, misplaced apex etc...

We are trying to help.
If you don't want the help, then don't offer pictures up for critique or commentary.

You have the passion, you have the artistic tendency: why not actually "hear" what more experienced technicians have to offer to improve the quality of your work? No one wants to change you or your 'style', they only want to help you to be even better.

PS: a lot of us, when we first joined this site and offered our work up for critique took a lot of 'hits' that hurt, although they were intended to help us.

Most of us, took those 'hits' in stride and learned from them, as I did.

It doesn't help anyone to make cryptic comments and shoot down those that try to be constructive when we only want to help.

:hug:

The only thing I'd add in general, dont shoot me, is that in fairness these aren't in the critique section, she was just showing us.

Still not my taste for the style but the art is lovely x

I think your nail art is lovely...!!
The nails themselves are not for me! How on earth do your customers cope with these nails on....?

xx

Your nail art is lovely, but I just don't get what your clients see in that shape of nail! I really love the flowers on the second and third sets.

Im not a hater.
I love nail art.:hug:

The only thing I'd add in general, dont shoot me, is that in fairness these aren't in the critique section, she was just showing us.

True enough about that. But if we are honest, when we post pictures, we do intend for others to offer their opinions. Otherwise,what is the point of posting them?
We may not always like the opinions of others, but that's the risk we take.

I certainly don't hate your work hun. You artwork is beautiful and the custom blend and smiles are great, it's just the curliness of them that isn't my thing.

Well I totally love the artwork on pic three, stunning!! Ok ok, so the shape isnt my cup of tea, I think we have all got the gist of the alternative shape not being to our liking, however hats off to you for standing up and showing and pointing out that actually people do ask you for these.....

Personally I love a lady with the balls to stand up and be counted, at the end of the day its not us who pay you for your work its the people asking for these nails...go girlie!

However what I would say is that in a previous post (and forgive me if I have got this wrong) that you use something you buy fairly cheap in a wholesalers....my advice to you would be to invest in some good product training, not cos you cant do nails but purely so you have faith in the product, how it affects the nails and that it isnt MMA.

Well I totally love the artwork on pic three, stunning!! Ok ok, so the shape isnt my cup of tea, I think we have all got the gist of the alternative shape not being to our liking, however hats off to you for standing up and showing and pointing out that actually people do ask you for these.....

Personally I love a lady with the balls to stand up and be counted, at the end of the day its not us who pay you for your work its the people asking for these nails...go girlie!

However what I would say is that in a previous post (and forgive me if I have got this wrong) that you use something you buy fairly cheap in a wholesalers....my advice to you would be to invest in some good product training, not cos you cant do nails but purely so you have faith in the product, how it affects the nails and that it isnt MMA.

I totally agree, you even knew that we wouldn't like the shape but posted anyway, kudos to you hun.

For what it's worth, I think with good training and product you could turn your hand to any shape that is asked for. At the end of the day, as you realise all our clients want different things and if you could offer these you would do fantastically well.

Good on you for posting. :hug:

Latest posts

Back