upper lip hair removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raw-beauty

Reaction score
hi geeks, does anyone have some good ideas to remove upper lip hair? I used wax before, but my upper lip went red and really itch, is there any creams or something out which I could try? cheers, xx:Love:

I regulary wax my upper lip and although I do get the redness for a few hours I dont get any itching. How long does it last for? Have you used this wax in other areas?

I use a cream from hive that is designed for those that do suffer the after wax redness - see the below link

hive cool down wax

Have you tried using witch hazel? It works for me xxx

Hiya hun

Waxing is definitely the best way to go. A lot of people get red areas the first couple of times, and witch hazel definitely helps to calm it down.

Did you do it yourself, or did you go to a salon? It could be that the wax was too hot for such a sensitive area.

If you really can't get on with waxing, you could always try bleaching the hair.

I regulary wax my upper lip and although I do get the redness for a few hours I dont get any itching. How long does it last for? Have you used this wax in other areas?

I use a cream from hive that is designed for those that do suffer the after wax redness - see the below link

hive cool down wax

I had it waxed in a beauty salon... never tried that cream, can I buy it from boots?

Have you tried using witch hazel? It works for me xxx
I never used witch hazel. is it a treatment after wax?

Hiya hun

Waxing is definitely the best way to go. A lot of people get red areas the first couple of times, and witch hazel definitely helps to calm it down.

Did you do it yourself, or did you go to a salon? It could be that the wax was too hot for such a sensitive area.

If you really can't get on with waxing, you could always try bleaching the hair.

Hi babe, havent heard from you for a long time, had a good xmas? I had waxed in a beauty salon... felt really painful, and afterwards all red and itch... but never tried bleeching the hair, how can do it? does it have bad affect?

Why don't you try to find someone/salon that does sugaring. All my clients tell me that it is less painful than waxing and although there is some redness afterwards it doesn't last very long. Also as all the ingredients are completely natural, unless you are allergic to either sugar or lemon juice, you shouldn't have a problem with reactions to products.

HTH:Love:

Had a good Christmas hun. Hope you did too?:hug:

In answer to your questions, witch hazel is excellent after wax treatment, particularly on the lip area. Should help alleviate the rash and spots that sometimes accompany a lip wax.

If you decided to try bleaching, you can buy creme bleach from a chemist, such as boots. You apply it to the hair, and it makes the hair lighter.

Maybe try a different salon hun.

i use a hair removal cream , such as Veet or Boots own brand. That way I have control over how often it ges done (about once a week) and there's no after effects (i used to get a lot of redness, and lots of little white spots that lasted for days...nice!)

As long as you don't leave it on too long.....not a great place to sport a burn mark!!!

xx

i use a hair removal cream , such as Veet or Boots own brand. That way I have control over how often it ges done (about once a week) and there's no after effects (i used to get a lot of redness, and lots of little white spots that lasted for days...nice!)

As long as you don't leave it on too long.....not a great place to sport a burn mark!!!

xx

I have had a lok Veet's hair removal cream, it says not suitable for face. can you tell me which type do u use? xx

Hi, Pop into where I work yanny next time you're in town and I'll wax it for you, see how you get on with that.

I had it waxed in a beauty salon... never tried that cream, can I buy it from boots?

It is available from EWD and I think Sallys if you go into any of those.

Didnt realise you had it done in a salon - I would inform them if I was you - they may have something to suggest too.

Redness,spots and minor irritation is very common in the upper lip area following waxing.Unfortunately some clients are more prone to redness than others.Skin sensitivity plays a huge part in this.

I can have 3 ladies one after the other, all in to have lip waxing, 2 can be absolutely fine whereas the 3rd could have a very red upper lip area.

It's nothing to do with temperature it's just skin sensitivity or sometimes a stronger hair growth.However it is nothing to worry about.If I have a client in for several things, I will always make sure that I do the lip wax first, in the hope that the redness will die down by the time the client leaves the salon.

I always use a soothing Witch Hazel electrolsis gel following waxing in this area for my clients.

If redness continues I would avoid touching the area .Try using a cool compress when home,it should soon die down.HTH

I have my eyebrows and upper lip waxed at a salon, it is initially a little red but is fine by the next day (usually have it done after work on an evening that I have no plans to go out)
It seemed a little worse the first couple of times but is less red and painful each time I have it done now.
hth

Thanks guys for your very useful and helpful advice. The redness and ichness I had was lasted about 2 weeks, I dont think that was normal, do you?:sad:

Thanks guys for your very useful and helpful advice. The redness and ichness I had was lasted about 2 weeks, I dont think that was normal, do you?:sad:
I would suggest that if you had redness that lasted 2 weeks that you either had an allergic reaction to the wax or that you may have been burnt.

Where you say you had itchiness as well I think it's more than likely that you have had an allergic reaction to the wax.There are lots and lots of different waxes but I would use a T Tree one if you were my client,ask around your local salons and see if any use a T Tree based wax.

I would tell the therapsit about your problem though so that she/he may carry out a patch test first.HTH

I agree with Babs sounds like a reaction or a burn.

I usually do my own waxing but my friend did my top lip on one occasion & she is very heavy handed. I think she didn't pull the strip off at the correct angle on one side as when i got home the right hand side was stinging & really red. Next morning still red & a scab had developed which lasted about a week.

Did you have a scab or was it just redness & stinging ?

I think you should go back to the salon to make them aware. I would want to know if one of my clients had a reaction or wasn't entirely happy.

I have had a lok Veet's hair removal cream, it says not suitable for face. can you tell me which type do u use? xx

to be honest, i use any!!:eek: and have never had a reaction.. but you can deffo buy ones suitable for 'sensitive' areas!

hth x

to be honest, i use any!!:eek: and have never had a reaction.. but you can deffo buy ones suitable for 'sensitive' areas!

hth x

I went to boots bought one called Nair Facial Brush-on Hair Remover, and guess what? my upper lip skin has been burned, all red!!!:cry:

Latest posts

Back