Urgent help! Is it the product or my technicians

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hello There,

I am a new member to this forum, i am 19 years old and have recently started up my own nail bar. I opened this month and have recruited 2 staff who are both level 3 NVQ qualified as of current. Customers have been leaving the nail bar happy but im getting complaints coming in 2-4 days later of the following occurances.

• some customers saying there is a gap between the acrylic nail tip and the natural nail.
  • some spillage of the acrylic coming onto the natural nail at the sides.
  • nails are leaving looking great, checking them no bumps all smooth etc but customers are having nails coming off 2-3 days later which is not acceptable.
  • nails coming off within a few days
the products i am using are all NSI

we are using NSI attraction powder, along with the liquid, all nsi products such as the pure and cleanse stuff, good files, nsi polyflex tips. good brushes, yet we are having this issue. One of my technicians is so upset she is saying she will leave now due to complaints.:!:

we are not using UV lamps could this be why? but i was under the impression this wasnt needed for acrylic? and so the staff advised me also.

this cannot keep happening as we will lose business, customers wont come back etc.

the NSS nail bars arent having these issues and everyone seems to be aware of the low quality nail products they use? thata re harming the nails but are ensuring there not lifting.

I need to get to the bottom of this otherwise my business will go under and i have worked so hard since i was 14 to be successful and have done it all off my own back.

I would be very extremely grateful if anyone here could list the exact products they use, the type and in what order for the acrylic nails to see if theres anything we are missing out, what we need to add or if use or poor product.

any tips/pointers i would be very grateful.

Many Thanks

lauren

Last edited by a moderator:
No need for lamps unless they are using glaze n go as top coat, or a gel.

Perhaps your sales rep could help?

I hope you get sorted x

Without seeing them it is difficult to say exactly. From what you gave described though sounds like the tips have not been applied flush to the natural nail & where you stated acrylic going onto natural nail , do you mean beyond the nail at the sides & touching the skin? If so this is also down to the application. This would cause The acrylic to lift & in extreme cases come off.

Having a qualification does not necessarily mean that your techs are experienced. How long have they been doing nail enhancements? Once a course is completed it takes a LOT of practice to become a competent tech, having a certificate does not guarantee great nails, these come with experience & a lot of hard work. HTH .

Forgot to add, NSI products are good quality & their products are unlikely to be the cause of your problems IF they are being applied correctly.

Hi there, i also use NSI products and love them! As previously said it is very difficult to know what advice to give without seeing your technicians working or the finished result. Are you qualified yourself? I'm actually a trainer so if you can tell me as much as you can about their application and prep and I will do my best to help you. congratulations on setting up on your own so early! In 23 now and started working for myself when I was 19. It's stressful and hard work but it's worth it I promise ;) xx

would you be able to list all of the products needed for acrylic application, so i can ensure we are getting everything to a tee. The mistake is probably in the technicians themselv and them having little experience but i find it so hard to recruit for nail techs i put ads out and get no replys?

I thought it may be an issue with the tips so have ordered better ones as they seen to be springing up, so theres a gap between fasle nail and their own nail underneath meaning water could get under there etc.

even the ones where this issue jasnt arrived we are getting nails come off within a few days?

should i be using a bonder/primer as i dont think their using that currently. shabby application can be worked on or new staff sourced but what for these tips coming off within a few days, they do my nails and there is a slight over run of acrylic at the sides but non of myne have come off at all?

thanks

Hi there, i also use NSI products and love them! As previously said it is very difficult to know what advice to give without seeing your technicians working or the finished result. Are you qualified yourself? I'm actually a trainer so if you can tell me as much as you can about their application and prep and I will do my best to help you. congratulations on setting up on your own so early! In 23 now and started working for myself when I was 19. It's stressful and hard work but it's worth it I promise ;) xx

im not qualified myself but i am in the process, in order to cope with overflow. The chineese nail bars their nails never seem to life off why is this? what products are they using to get this affect?

I know that they use the pure and cleanse, prep the nail bed cuticle tend. file buff. cleanse dehydrate then apply tips with glue, file etc then acrylic app we are not using bonder.primer i dont think. there completing one set with manual files within the hour, end result looks good on majority that i have quality controlled check but we are getting customers saying there coming off a few days later which is terrible.

I really need the help asap as im worried my business will go down the pan before it lifts off.

A few clients said about there being a gap between the tip and the natural nail like it springing up, but even when we sorted that, we are now getting nails coming off?

many thanks

Ok, well it shouldn't matter what tips you are using there shouldn't be a gap between the tip and the natural nail. When they apply the tip they need to come down at a 45 degree angle until the well clicks and then lay flat pulling down on the tip slightly to avoid a ski slope nail. When did the girls qualify? Who did they train with. If they didn't train with NSI that may have to practice their mix ratios again as the mix for NSI is quite different that other liquid and powder systems I have used. As far as the prep is concerned are they doing dry prep or using a cuticle remover? Are they using an NSI primer? X

would it be worth you doing a course in nails to get the imformation you seek? if you're empowered with the knowledge of how your employees should be doing that then maybe it would help?

I hope it all goes well for you because I really admire you setting up your own bar at 19, I think that's awesome :)

I think you shuld send your techs on a conversion course with NSI to learn how to use and get the best from the product.

NVQ's are Normaly done using a cheap generic product,
You need to get them product training with NSI ,

just this minute i have had another customer email me to say some have come off and their un happy.

their not using any primerss, are using cuticle oil or cream and trimming if needed im getting complaints with every customer, i cant even seem to recruit any other techs i advertise but no replys really. i got these girls when they graduated from college clearly a big mistake on my behalf.

if its not the tip issue with it doing the ski slope thing its them coming off customers arent happy

Ok, there is a few problems in that message. Firstly NSI needs a primer. This could be causing some lifting but did you say they are using cuticle oil to do their cuticle work?! This would definitely be a factor why your customers are experiencing problems. I would definitely recommended that your girls have further training as they need to understand what each product does and also to avoid these problems continuing. X

ok, so if a primer used and no cuticle creams do you think that would stop the lifting?

They really should be using primer, it's designed to help the product adhere to the natural nail.

If the tips are coming away from the nail, maybe they are leaving the natural nail too long. Some people's nails naturally curve downwards as they grow and I find these clients have the problem you've described.

Have you thought about sending them on a 1-2-1 with an NSI educator? It would cost, but I think it would be worth it in the long run.

Kirsty x

ok, so if a primer used and no cuticle creams do you think that would stop the lifting?

The ony cuticle product they should be using prior to application is vanish cuticle remover which will then be removed with the nail pure plus afterwards.

They need to use a proper cuticle remover to remove any non living tissue from the nail plate. This then needs to be removed properly using nail pure plus scrubbed into the nail plate. A primer definitely needs to be used to ensure proper adhesion between the enhancement and the nail plate. If you are studying with Ezflow why don't you ask your trainer to come and spend some hours in the salon. X

im just looking at the nsi attraction primer. used with my nsi acrylic would you think that would stip nails coming off? is there anything else i can do to stop this?

With nails there is not usually one cause of nails "coming off" the entire service needs to be correct or you will experience lifting. For example lifting can occur if bead 3 is too thick, if the acrylic touches the skin, if the nail plate is not properly dehydrated etc etc, so just changing your primer alone will not stop the lifting problem X

im just looking at the nsi attraction primer. used with my nsi acrylic would you think that would stip nails coming off? is there anything else i can do to stop this?

Can't make any promises but it would definitely help!!

Can I just ask, are your technicians passionate about their job or are they just in it for the money? I only ask because this will make a difference to the amount of effort they are willing to put in to resolve the problems.

we are using permanent white tips, so we are only using the sheer pink to go over the top. so if anything this is making the technicians job easier..... i need to really know a complete step by step breakdown of what they should be doing so i can look into theirs and correct it before my business goes under x

Latest posts

Back