Urgent help! Is it the product or my technicians

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, so if a primer used and no cuticle creams do you think that would stop the lifting?

Hon I feel your frustration but the people on here are not going to be able to give you the help you need. You need to invest in your girls further education or replace them with more experiencd girls.

Yes if you use a primer and no cuticle oil then it will help to stop them lifting. However if the nails are not being built correctly then they will have no end of other problems. It takes alot of work to become a decent nail tech and even more work to become a good nail tech. Do your business a favour and really try to find an experience tech. I would much rather employ 1 experienced tech and pay her well than have 3 newbies.

they are very passionate and thats what i admired about them from when i scouted them at the college grad day they have gone out their way to help and so fourth one of them now wants to leave due to being in tears with customers complainging and says she cant do it anymore.

i agree with needing to source a new nail tech however i cannot seem to find any im advertising but not getting anywhere :S i have found it so hard to recruit a good nail tech

im just looking at the nsi attraction primer. used with my nsi acrylic would you think that would stip nails coming off? is there anything else i can do to stop this?

Are you a nail tech? If not I wouldn't try to understand the issues your self , there are many variables ,
Yes primer shuld be used ,
No oil shouldn't be used till the end
No you don't need a light to cure acrylic , acrylic cures through heat and evaporation not UV initiators ,

Yes the nail needs to be dehydrated,

Tips can push up to reveal gaps for many reasons , maybe they dehydrated the whole nail before applying the tip, maybe the tip was to narrow , maybe the adhesive was pants , maybe there wear bubbles in adhesive traped under tip and client submerged them in hot water ling enough for the air to expand ,
Who knows ?

None of us can give a definite answer 1 we can't see and 2 you don't know there steps ,

Like I said before , NVQ's do not teach product they teach systems ,
To learn to use the product properly you need to send your staff on training with NSI or who ever you chose to use the product of,

I'm sure they would let you tag along to if need be , and some companies will even send the teacher to your salon if your lucky.

1. apply vanish cuticle remover, remove ALL dead skin cells using curette or similar.

2. Etch the surface of the nail with a 180 grit file.

3. Dehydrate using nail pure plus.

4. Apply tips.

5. Cut and shape tips.

6. Apply primer to natural nails.

7. Apply l&p (acrylic) leaving a 1mm gap at cuticle and sidewalls.

8. Refine shape using a 180 grit file.

9. Either remove scratches with buffer and buff to a shine, or apply glaze 'n' go and cure in UV lamp.

10. Apply cuticle oil.

HTH

Def the techs. In correct sizing of tips possibly to small causing the pressure to come off. Ratio wrong causing product to run onto skin and not dehydrating or removing oils from nail plate, and no primer. They sound like novices to me. Get them a 121 with a nsi trainer. Good luck

how much would it cost to get the nsi trainer in how much are we talking? thanks

Just re read thread what do u expect u employes two techs straight out of college! Omg they need at least 12 months if not longer in a busy salon under the supervision of experienced techs to get up to scratch. It's like learning to drive. U don't learn to drive until u pass ur test!

how much would it cost to get the nsi trainer in how much are we talking? thanks

I wouldn't know :) but here is there site I'm sure there are contact details somewhere ,
I would Waite Untill Tuesday or later though as they will probably be busy with Olympia beauty show .
http://www.nsinails.co.uk/

error on my part i know. i admit that, how would you advise i go about finding another nail tech, iv advertised but i cant seem to ever hear anything back? any specific channels i should go down to advertise?

error on my part i know. i admit that, how would you advise i go about finding another nail tech, iv advertised but i cant seem to ever hear anything back? any specific channels i should go down to advertise?

I think maybe you will have to invest the training in the 2 techs you have ,

How will you sack them? On what grounds?

This is tough one, it is really hard to troubleshoot without seeing the work, or the technician talking us through their application steps. How did the girl perform at their trade test?

Lifting is caused by the product not having a great bond with the natural nail plate. The main reason would be prep of the nail. Then there could also be issues with the mix ratio.

It would be really worth your while getting a trainer in to observe the girls and see what the problem is. This will build the girls confidence, it needs a professional eye to look at this. The girls are feeling bad and will dread doing a job they love, that has to be demoralising in itself. As a non pro nail technician yourself, you can't give them the practical advise, but you can give them support and further their education and in turn build a great business, you will have a great team if you invest in education.
Why not also recruit a head technician, it will cost you more as they would expect a good wage, but in turn this could give your business a solid foundation.

Just food for thought xxxx

Just re read thread what do u expect u employes two techs straight out of college! Omg they need at least 12 months if not longer in a busy salon under the supervision of experienced techs to get up to scratch. It's like learning to drive. U don't learn to drive until u pass ur test!

How are they going to get that 12 months experience in a busy salon if no-one will give them a chance??

As for 'you don't learn to drive until you pass your test' How the heck did you learn to control a vehicle in the first place? Someone put you in charge of a big hunk of metal, trusted you and gave you a chance!

I paid £90 for 3 hours 1-2-1 with an NSI educator in London. This may notbe accurate now but you can find out easily enough via their website. Find out who is your local educator and contact them direct.

To find out this information you really need to contact your local nsi rep. www.nsinails.co.uk the phone number is on there for you to contact the head office here in the uk who will put you in touch with your local trainer.
There is no point your techs using products that they haven't been taught in as they need to understand how the product works and proper application. They will definatly need to do a conversion course to nsi products so that they can work the correct way and get the best out of the products.
You also need some form of training to correctly quality control the work as you wont have a clue what they should or should not be doing.
A bit of a expensive mistake on your part setting up a nail bar when you dont have any previous experience or knowledge.
Maybe the reason you are not getting any experienced techs apply is because the wage is not high enough? just a thought.
You are not really going to get the answers that you are looking for here as already stated we cant see there work or actually see how they are working, and there may be numerous reasons to why you are experiencing these issues, the main one bein incorrect training or no training in the products that you are asking you technicians to use.
You wouldn't employ someone who is a butcher to work in a garage so to speak as you wont get the job done.
Not only that but it is also going to leave your staff feeling really unconfident as you are expecting them to use a product they have no knowledge of, and therefore have issues that they have no knowledge to correct.
So give NSI a ring on monday to see how you can take it forward.
Jen xx

As others suggested you and your techs need some training , why don't u stop offering this specific service till u get to the bottom of the problem. This is a hands on kind of work, no matter who u get to do the work, if they don't have experience in the system ur r using, then u need to train them and u will not be using the same system all ur life surely!

The weird thing is though they were trained by using all the nsi products. So them having this issue confuses me. I'm going to get them to try doing a set on me today using a primer as they haven't been using this at all and as you said this helps to join the acrylic and natural nail plate. In regards to advertising the job I
Put the salary down as negotiable etc.

Hello all. I noted down the step in which all the technicians are taking and they are as follows:

all products used below are NSI also.

1) Spray sanitizer on
2) File the nails
3) Buff the nails
4) Cuticle remover on, push back cuticles. And use nippers to cut off any excess cuticle
5) Then wipe the nails with cleanse
6) Then wipe the nails with nail pure plus
7) Glue the tips on
8) Cut the tips
9) Blended tips
10) Primer on
11) Acrylic l+P applied. Two layers of acrylic
12) Buff the acrylic and file all the edges and stuff down.
13) Buff all the acrylic
14) Top coat/colour

What exactly do you mean when you say 2 layers of acrylic? Are they putting a layer over the entire nail, then another layer over that? If so, this is not ususally how l&p is applied.

Kirsty x

yes this is how there doing it 2 layers over the nail, with the tip added for the extension

x

Latest posts

Back