Use and abuse of Ebay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you buy from Ebay

• Only Nail Art supplies

Votes: 133 38.4%
  • Enhancement stuff, I cannot buy anywhere else

Votes: 8 2.3%
  • Both

Votes: 63 18.2%
  • Don't buy prof stuff from Ebay

Votes: 142 41.0%

• Total voters
:rolleyes:I dont see how buying from ebay is deemed unprofessional

Scenerio, I bought creative products from ebay. They were products i did not want so I sold them on ebay as used products. My products were genuine and not stolen or fake.

I am not an acrylic nail tech but I own a salon and have an acrylic nail tech. i have an account with Ellisions in which I buy creative products. I am not creative trained but do Ellisions care, no. I buy products from (or did) hyperion/creative. I am not creative trained but they were satisfied with my techs certificate and let me open an account and spend money. Did they care, no.

Why is ebay any different?? If people are buying and selling products on geekbay, do you ask to see their certificates first??? Do you ask for proof if they are trained?

There are also plenty of websites that have been listed/recommended on this very site, they allow non-professionals to buy.

I have a realiable distributor that I buy from on ebay, my products come from abroad and I only resort to this when I cannot get the products I need from normal channels. They do me a deal and are often cheaper.

Very easy to get on your high horse when you dont know the facts and how it works.

the difference is they (ebay sellers) are not authorised distributors.....and NO ebay sellers do not ask for proof cos they don't care if you are trained or not......thats a FACT :)....but you did have to show certs for Hyperion and Ellison's !!..(oh and was it a full account you had with Hyperion or a secondary account where you can buy anything but L&P, Brisa without a course)

Yes other sites do sell there products to non professionals but thats how they choose to work...Creative do not.

the difference is they (ebay sellers) are not authorised distributors.....and NO ebay sellers do not ask for proof cos they don't care if you are trained or not......thats a FACT :)

Yes other sites do sell there products to non professionals but thats how they choose to work...Creative do not.

I think if you re-read my post, I think you will find creative DO sell to non-professionals as I am not trained and they have sold to me for the past 3 years. This was my whole point. :)

the difference is they (ebay sellers) are not authorised distributors.....and NO ebay sellers do not ask for proof cos they don't care if you are trained or not......thats a FACT :)

So tell us bagpuss or anyone else who has done their research about who supply's these vast amounts professional products to ebay outlets ?

Because if it is the big company's ? you have a huge big issue with them , not eBay outlets, Also they should be answering all these questions , shouldn't they ?
This would soon get to the nitty gritty of things wouldn't it ?
but it may also put the cat amongst the pigeons too especially if you don't like what you hear,

So those who don't like eBay selling their professional products,
I shall ask is there anyone of you prepared to go research ? and find out who supply them ?
Or is it easier to just keep feeling strongly and be snobby about it all ?
and to just keep on blaming the eBay outlets instead ?
What would happen may I ask about our code of ethics? if these big company's
were in fact the distributors to these eBay outlets ?
What then ? :hug:

(bagpuss this is not all directed at you, this is just all points of views):hug:

not at all...its fine...I cant speak for the distributors but from what i gather you are saying that its the UK distributors that are selling to ebay member who then in turn sell to joe bloggs...?........if this is the case then how can they possibly be making any money out of it....? the price they pay isn't that different to what they sell for on ebay.

Or are you saying that they get the stuff from USA...in which case as far as i know yes anyone can buy the products there....but if ebay sellers are getting it from USA then my guess is they are illegally distributing and shipping goods.....cos again they will be wanting to do it as cheep as possible to make more money.

GMG knows more about this kind of thing than me...x

I think if you re-read my post, I think you will find creative DO sell to non-professionals as I am not trained and they have sold to me for the past 3 years. This was my whole point. :)

Do you think that was a clever statement to make?

*woohooo I am not trained and I still do amazing nails, with a fantastic product*

Your Monomer may say Creative, but I bet your nails don't look Creative :|

I have an idea:idea:
Lets all just buy everything from ebay in future.
Then all the distributors will go bust and the prices will be really high.
Yes..... it's called sarcasm.
BUT it's true.

not at all...its fine...I cant speak for the distributors but from what i gather you are saying that its the UK distributors that are selling to ebay member who then in turn sell to joe bloggs...?........if this is the case then how can they possibly be making any money out of it....? the price they pay isn't that different to what they sell for on ebay.

Or are you saying that they get the stuff from USA...in which case as far as i know yes anyone can buy the products there....but if ebay sellers are getting it from USA then my guess is they are illegally distributing and shipping goods.....cos again they will be wanting to do it as cheep as possible to make more money.

GMG knows more about this kind of thing than me...x

Hello bagpuss ,
Please do not assume I know anything about distribution company's and the way they work because I don't,:hug:

What I am asking ? not saying
Is that If you or anyone else out there does not like what is happening and it is against your personal professional code of ethics and want to know the answer to your own above questions ?
then go and do some research and find out who is supplying eBay ?
I shall ask again
do you or anyone else know how your professional products get there ( meaning Ebay )?
Oh and Just for the record I don't know either :|

simple ? or is it ? :hug:

do you or anyone else know how your professional products get there ?
My professional products reach my suppliers the legal way... by paying import taxes, the correct packaging and the correct freight transport, which is more than can be said for a lot of other 'distributors', whether they be from Ebay or any other so-called distributor other than the legally approved distributors in the UK and Europe.

BUT it's true.

Hello judy
but if we did buy all buy from eBay who would be the distributors to the eBay company ?
:hug:

Hello judy
but if we did buy all buy from eBay who would be the distributors to the eBay company ?

Who knows??

Hello judy
I'll stick my neck out here and say that the distributors will more than likely be from the USA (probably unknowingly) and that the usual taxes and import charges are avoided, hence why they can sell the products at a cheaper price... the products won't be packaged correctly and they won't be shipped correctly, which means that when we travel on transatlantic flights we're more than likely sitting above a package or two of flammable materials which aren't packaged as such and therefore breaking aviation rules as well as avoiding Customs charges.

I know this to be true from at least one USA internet website that sells professional nail products because I've ordered from them myself in the past (a long time ago before I knew better) and my products were listed as nailart items when they most definitely were not!

:rolleyes:I dont see how buying from ebay is deemed unprofessional

Scenerio, I bought creative products from ebay. They were products i did not want so I sold them on ebay as used products. My products were genuine and not stolen or fake.

I am not an acrylic nail tech but I own a salon and have an acrylic nail tech. i have an account with Ellisions in which I buy creative products. I am not creative trained but do Ellisions care, no. I buy products from (or did) hyperion/creative. I am not creative trained but they were satisfied with my techs certificate and let me open an account and spend money. Did they care, no.

Why is ebay any different?? If people are buying and selling products on geekbay, do you ask to see their certificates first??? Do you ask for proof if they are trained?

There are also plenty of websites that have been listed/recommended on this very site, they allow non-professionals to buy.

I have a realiable distributor that I buy from on ebay, my products come from abroad and I only resort to this when I cannot get the products I need from normal channels. They do me a deal and are often cheaper.

Very easy to get on your high horse when you dont know the facts and how it works.

Ooooh who is 'Ellisions' with the abundance of stock?!

so you have no training and buy professional products from Hyperion Group...?? or was it a secondary account...?

I'll stick my neck out here and say that the distributors will more than likely be from the USA (probably unknowingly) and that the usual taxes and import charges are avoided, hence why they can sell the products at a cheaper price... the products won't be packaged correctly and they won't be shipped correctly, which means that when we travel on transatlantic flights we're more than likely sitting above a package or two of flammable materials which aren't packaged as such and therefore breaking aviation rules as well as avoiding Customs charges.

I know this to be true from at least one USA internet website that sells professional nail products because I've ordered from them myself in the past (a long time ago before I knew better) and my products were listed as nailart items when they most definitely were not!

Hi
There thank you for answering my question the best you could ,
as I myself do not know where these products come from , I have not got a clue?

The point of this eBay debate is that it has highlighted some , quite important issues
for me and a lot of others,
as to whether or not we should buy monomer type things ect from eBay . and I think it has been very important to know why people have strong feelings about it ,
I think now we can all make better and more informed decisions about eBay
I have never bought monomer on eBay as I have stated in my posts earlier
but I do like to buy my little nick nack nail art ,

Sorry to mention this but by the way ,
I received a rather not so nice pm tonight
Well just for the record I have many years ago I trained for my my IHBC make up Manicure and Pedicure also Theatrical , I am an Assessor and have also trained with Acrylic but decided to get a certificate for that too ,
So to the person who wrote that rather mean pm ,
I think I may have had a tad more training than you assumed .
Also why didn't you just post like every one else on the forum ?

Sorry to mention this but by the way ,
I received a rather not so nice pm tonight
Well just for the record I have many years ago I trained for my my IHBC make up Manicure and Pedicure also Theatrical , I am an Assessor and have also trained with Acrylic but decided to get a certificate for that too ,
So to the person who wrote that rather mean pm ,
I think I may have had a tad more training than you assumed .
Also why didn't you just post like every one else on the forum ?
You can forward it on to one of the moderators if you want to :hug:

Do you think that was a clever statement to make?

*woohooo I am not trained and I still do amazing nails, with a fantastic product*

Your Monomer may say Creative, but I bet your nails don't look Creative :|

please please read my post :irked: I DO NOT DO NAILS!!! I HAVE A NAIL TECH BUT I DO ALL THE BUYING IN MY NAME AND THE SALONS! . For goodness sake get off your high horse, stop going for the jugular and if you have an opinion make sure you back it up with the correct facts.

My nail tech is a master tech and if you need to see a pic of my current nails, then fine. People come from all over Yorkshire for my tech, she has been trained 8 years , she would be the first to say if the products were not right. Didnt I say in my post I have only bought authentic products from a reliable source, behave now with your wrongful comments :rolleyes:

bagpuss

Yes i buy (did) from the hyperion group as I mentioned in my original post :)

BUT it's true.

I think you'll find they have gone bust?? (yes I do that sarcasm too) and not from ebay i have not been able to buy certain products from Hyperion for 12 months or more as I stated way back in this thread hence the resorting to ebay :eek:

Ooooh who is 'Ellisions' with the abundance of stock?!
Um Ellisions is a well known ditributor for creative????? Are we a little drunk tonight??

we have gone over this so many times, at the end of the day its impossible to control especially when some professional nail suppliers sell on there...i personally dont buy or sell liquids/powders etc on there as i can usually get them from my local nail shop. however i have bought recently some tips i have got no size 6 tips at all so it was a last resort given the current situation. the came along with some solar speed spray they are fine no problems...
i would not sell professional items personally on there as its unfair to people like myself who have paid for training etc...
i am interested to know what you people hating ebay think of local distributers such as sallys who sell all hair/nail/beauty supplies to the public? professional products such as gels/acrylics/tints/wax etc ?
im not saying you should or shouldnt buy from ebay, i would agree that no professional should be expoliting professional products by selling them online.

im just saying they are not the only ones selling such items...look at boots selling wax pots & strips and gel nails systems??? it happens all over guys i have used ebay for the last 6 years and have had the odd minor problem but nothing thats distroyed my life or that i couldnt deal with...
im not looking for an argument with anyone or trying to offend anyone but i doubt this situations going to dissapear!

Oh! I am a stickler for buying from nail prod. manufacturers. I have never bought nail products from ebay. I have bought my kids games in the past but ebay has become to untrustworthy and I dont even look now. Shame because like you say Fiona it used to be a place where we could buy/sell thing we did not want anymore. Now its all shops! with terms and conditions! I stick to my local rag classified section now.

Latest posts

Back