Vani-T which is most popular?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiatia22

Reaction score
Looking at Vani-t tans, and the pro tan machine.Aswell as Tandare for the darker tans.
which would you say you prefer out of the Vani-t tans ?
Do you like the pro tan machine,is it worth the extra cost to buy it as you need less solution per tan and have no overspray,do you agree with this?
I thought about the velocity fast tan ,but some ppl have panicked and said i'd want to know what colour i'd end up.I explained thy leave it on for the ammount of hrs to how dark a tan they want and then it carries on developing over next 12 hrs and deepens further the next 12hrs. is that right? or could i explain it better. thanks in advance.xx:hug:

Looking at Vani-t tans, and the pro tan machine.Aswell as Tandare for the darker tans.
which would you say you prefer out of the Vani-t tans ?
Do you like the pro tan machine,is it worth the extra cost to buy it as you need less solution per tan and have no overspray,do you agree with this?
I thought about the velocity fast tan ,but some ppl have panicked and said i'd want to know what colour i'd end up.I explained thy leave it on for the amount of hrs to how dark a tan they want and then it carries on developing over next 12 hrs and deepens further the next 12hrs. is that right? or could i explain it better. thanks in advance.xx:hug:

The reduction of overspray compared to cheaper units is in real terms insignificant ...but non the less a consideration

The rapid tans have there place and whilst excellent as a product they take a bit getting used to...not only you but your customers also

The trouble is is that every customers tan develops at a different rate so it really is a case of trialling with each and every customer

You could explain to the customer that "after initial trailing with them to gage there specific development time and that in so doing you can give them more or less the exact tone of tan they wish for"

HTH and please dont forget me at Christmas :wink2::hug:

...yes even after washing off the tan will continue to develop which is why it is a case of trialling each customer so as to asses there specific development times

HTH

Last edited by a moderator:
The reduction of overspray compared to cheaper units is in real terms insignificant ...but non the less a consideration

The rapid tans have there place and whilst excellent as a product they take a bit getting used to...not only you but your customers also

The trouble is is that every customers tan develops at a different rate so it really is a case of trialling with each and every customer

You could explain to the customer that "after initial trailing with them to gage there specific development time and that in so doing you can give them more or less the exact tone of tan they wish for"

HTH and please dont forget me at Christmas :wink2::hug:

So shall i keep my maxi mist 5008 then and just turn it down to stop overspray, my beauty rooms lovely and brown/green. And would you use normal tan that you leave on 8 hrs.i'm fairly new with tanning and dont know which way to go with it. I change my mind every other days,woman eh..:lol:

So shall i keep my maxi mist 5008 then and just turn it down to stop overspray, my beauty rooms lovely and brown/green. And would you use normal tan that you leave on 8 hrs.i'm fairly new with tanning and dont know which way to go with it. I change my mind every other days,woman eh..:lol:

absolutley nothing wrong with the machine youve got .

How much solution are you using and how far from the skin surface are you applying

If your fairly new to this maybe stick with normal solutions until your confidence level is up...get samples and maybe play around with a few friends and family and see how it goes

again he asks...how much solution do you use and how far from skin do you apply?

again he asks...how much solution do you use and how far from skin do you apply?

about 50-55ml an 4-6" from body, what ever tan i use the client is wet :eek:and sticky for hrs.I want my clients to be nearly dry after treatment.I have my gun set to 8-9.so not sure whats wrong.????

about 50-55ml an 4-6" from body, what ever tan i use the client is wet :eek:and sticky for hrs. I want my clients to be nearly dry after treatment.I have my gun set to 8-9.so not sure whats wrong.????

well thats not bad for a newbie at all as usually much more solution is used.
Im a tad confused as to how come the clients are always wet and sticky ...its normal to be wet or at least not dry for a few moments but hrs :eek:

Try turning your volume output down by a qtr turn every few days and holding the gun 8" away as your a tad close at 4" and potentially could get striping or to much solution applied in certain areas...target using around 35-45ml solution which your pretty close to already

Its a balance,output volume,distance from the skin and of course the speed at which you move across the surface :wink2:

Do you have some sort of blow heating...maybe an overhead bathroom fan heater that could be directed down at the client after the spray tan so as to help dry
Or alternatively if any particular wet patches remove the hose from the gun and blow warm air onto the wet area ...this will elp speed up the drying process :wink2:

Good luck mr potato :lol:

I use liquid sun 8 & 12 as my clients come mostly in the evening. There is a new darker rapid tan coming out so I may try that! Can't fault vani -t x

only tried the velocity, is liquid sun the exact same colour ? I want the brownest one . (dont like goldeny) what is fusion like? Or do you all prefer velocity as it caters for all clients,but wish i could explain better how it works as i make it sound really complicated and freak ppl out.;)

May I please remind tiatia22 and collin, that one-to-ones should be dealt with by way PM instead of in the thread. These types of conversations only tend to drive the thread off topic, and discourage from others from responding.

Thank you.

May I please remind tiatia22 and collin, that one-to-ones should be dealt with by way PM instead of in the thread. These types of conversations only tend to drive the thread off topic, and discourage from others from responding.

Thank you.

Sorry.:smack:

I use liquid sun 8 & 12 as my clients come mostly in the evening. There is a new darker rapid tan coming out so I may try that! Can't fault vani -t x

Do you need i coat with Vani-t or 2 light coats? many thanks.xx
Please can you tell me what you have your gun set at, mine is a maxi mist 5008.

Hi there, when I used the maximist machine I had my gun setting at 10 o'clock.

As there aren't any settings on the gun, when it is turned off apply a small dot of nail polish to let you know where off is, then practice with it.

I am usually standing approx 4" away.

One of my customers were having problems with using too much solution with the maximist so I explained in a phonecall exactlyl the above. She has been fine since.

Obviously all gun settings are different, just trial it and see how you get on.

With regards to Vani-T I do a light spray and a light mist over. With two good coats on the legs.

If you require further help please contact me.

Hayley :)

Latest posts

Back