Varnish not drying well

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeepPaws

Reaction score
HELP!! Whats going wrong!!!
I am doing Manicures and Pedicures regularly.
I am following all the Creative procedures
I am scrubfreshing
I am applying base coat toughen up
I apply 2 coats of colour
I apply super shiney if needed.

Today I did a set of toes after all the pedicure lotions and potions. I really cleaned off the nails and used scrubfresh.
Waited for the nails to dry inbetween coats
And my lady has had to remove the varnish because it stuck to her socks when she went to the gym. Is it me? Should I invest in a different base coat? This is the second time time has happened.:rolleyes:

how long after you did them did she put socks on?

well she left mine,,,,,,,,and I think I saw her car go about 1/2 hour after.
When I did the others that this happened too it was ages after I had done them that it still happened. I am wondering if the base coat toughen up might be the wrong type for these ladies?

well she left mine,,,,,,,,and I think I saw her car go about 1/2 hour after.
When I did the others that this happened too it was ages after I had done them that it still happened. I am wondering if the base coat toughen up might be the wrong type for these ladies?

For toes I use sticky anyhoo, maybe applying the varnish to thick?? I always leave my tooties out for about an hour before putting socks or closed toe shoes

No, the varnish wasn't too thick. I think maybe I will invest in some sticky. More spending!!! LOL. Thanks for your time xx

If you have a u.v lamp you could set them under there for about 2 mins each foot

or maybe invest in some complimentary pedi flops and make your client wear them to leave in so they dont put socks and shoes straight back on.

After all they are paying and should know better than to put socks on after fresh polish is applied!:green:

Um I Scrufresh, Stickey base coat, 2 thin coats of enamel waiting for each layer to dry, then top coat.

No matter how thin the coats and all that, even if I were doing my own toes I wouldnt trust them to be sock dry in under 1 hour. I leave my toes out to air!! I'd say it was the clients fault for putting socks/shoes on too soon!! xx

Thats what I thought. She was fine.........didnt get narky or anything! Just wondered if it was me! U know how we all doubt ourselves. I am learning not too!! lol

Use Speedey or AirDry as your top coat and then spritz with Solar Speed Spray approx 1 minute after you've finished applying the enamel, you should see a difference in the drying time.
hth's

Also, I would invest in ridge out for toes as you will get a really smooth surface to paint and solar spray is fab.

How frustating !!! :mad:

The exact same thing keeps on happening to me and I still haven't sovled my problem. Good luck. When you get the answer can you PLEASE tell me before I pull my hair out lol

How frustating !!! :mad:

The exact same thing keeps on happening to me and I still haven't sovled my problem. Good luck. When you get the answer can you PLEASE tell me before I pull my hair out lol

Have you tried using Solar Speed Spray? I always use this and don't have any problems

I also have this problem
I use stickey two coats of creative nail enamel thin, super shiney or speedy then solar spray a minute later
I find it only happens with creamy colours and dark colours
have tried everything too so if you find a way to solve this or any tips
that would be great!

Nail polish on toes especially takes ages to dry.

I dont think its anything you have done.

I dont really put a time limit on polish on toes. Just ensure that the clients bring slippers or you provide pedi slippers and incorporate in your prices.

UV lamps do not dry nail polish (unless it is a UV top coat), only gel it would be a waste of time putting them under the lamp.

Speed dry sprays just set the top coat, but the layers underneath still have to be dried...

The longer the polish is allowed to dry, the more beautiful and shiny it looks and lasts!

Just a bit of solar oil or a fast dry oil after letting them set up will help also.

Nail Varnish takes a good 24hours to COMPLETELY dry hard. If you use a speed dry spray after about 5 mins of applying the varnish you should see a huge difference.
Properly inform your clients and offering a pair of pedi slippers is a great idea.
I apply varnish, nail dryer for a few mins and then a speed dry spray along with information on how long the nails will take to dry properly.
Different varnish's have different drying times (more specifically touch dry times).

i recently qualified and when i did my exam my Mum was my model and we were off shopping afterwards, i wrapped Mums toes in clingfilm and the varnish was perfect when we got home and that was wearing socks! thought that may help x:lol:

i recently qualified and when i did my exam my Mum was my model and we were off shopping afterwards, i wrapped Mums toes in clingfilm and the varnish was perfect when we got home and that was wearing socks! thought that may help x:lol:

What a great idea, does that really work. Because i had that problem last week and i was annoyed as i had spent ages on nail art foil, left to air dry for 1 hour then had to pick son up from school. took socks off and you can bet your bottom dollar they smudged :irked:. Might try that next time. Thanks for the tip. xx

I agree with varnish not being 'dent proof' until a good 24 hours after application!

I always warn clients when they book about doing anything that will put pressure on thier toes straight after the treatment. Some still dont listen :rolleyes:

A quick dry spray can deffo help, as does the client wearing open toed shoes x

I have only had this happen twice, I used Speedy the first time and Air dry the second I also use SolarSpeed Spray - as it has happened with only 1 colour Rock Royalty, I decided I must have done something to the enamel to prevent it drying, it did not dry at all and was still tacky on the colorpop after 2 days.

Latest posts

Back