Veruccas???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi this is tasha I've been using tea tree oil for 3 weeks now on 2 veruccas I've got,they seem to be getting a bit smaller and when I've been in the bath I've used a pumice on them which is working. (Be aware it hurts with the pumice sometimes but it's getting rid of the hard skin!)

:eek:

I remember reading a thread on here a few weeks ago which suggested taking a supplement of sharks liver oil. I dont know if was successful or not but perhaps whoever posted it could let us know.

This is an interesting post. I've got a nasty little bugger under one of my toes and over the years it has got bigger and more uncomfortable. Am currently trying to zap it with Dr. Scholls varruca plasters. My GP prescribed Salatac gel but it would take ages to dry and just falls off half way through the day.

Try propolis tincture. My son had a really big one on his foot and wouldnt let me go anywhere near him with that wartner stuff, which i know does work. The other things you can buy from the chemist are just a waste of time, have never found any to work. Used the ti tree first and not much was happening then changed to the propolis and in less than 2 weeks it was comletely gone. Wouldnt use anything else now.

I did a search on the internet a few months ago and discoverd that they can get bigger or are more likely NOT to go of their own accord if your run down. so taking a supplement to boost your immune system should also help (as well as treatment).

I also read that Silver Duck Tape over the little blighter permanently will cut off the air supply and kill it.

I`d already bougt some bazooka gel - so tried this and it worked (took a few weeks though) but if it hadn`t I`d have tried the duck tape next.

*JOANNE* said:
i used to freeze other peoples verrucas and warts with liquid nitrogen,when i worked in a sick bay
any how with having three boys who like swimming, i use wartner its from boots (over the counter) and works on the same principal as liquid nitrogen its in a pressurised container you apply a foam applicator place on wart or verruca and push the container and it freezes the area, after a few applications the wart and verruca drops off..........i must say i am impressed and it does work.

I use this too, it is very good

loo said:
I am glad someone has posted about this its really interesting. I have had these three veruccas for about seven years and they havent gone. One is on the base of one of my toes and the other two are right next to each other on the ball of my foot. I tell you these are sosooooo painfull. I have tried tea tree, lavender oil, bazzuca or however you spell it and wartner and none of them have worked for me. Its so deep that I dont know how to get rid of it. I think I may try Chinese herbs which ones did you use and how long did it take to go?

My Dad, says that he saw something about this on tv, he says that warts and veruccas are a parasite that can live on the body without the body knowing they are there. He reccomends 'upsetting it', make it bleed (sounds horrid, I know) apparently once you have made it bleed your body will try to repair that affected part and will then become aware that it has a parasite and send in the imune system in to kill it off!! He had had a wart for years which he hadn't been able to get rid of and this worked for him. Might be worth a try??

i have had a verrucca on my foot for over 2 years now- i have tried bazzuca and freezing stuff i got in maerica but nothing seems to work. i asked a guy who works for sainsburys pharmacy and he said try shaving the layers off with like a corn knife and then applyling the stronger bazzuca you can buy from behind the counter, it was sort of working then i forgot about it- but deffo get one of these knifes from like boots or even creative do one i think.
im starting to think that i wil never get rid of it though!:Scared:

rjryan said:
My Dad, says that he saw something about this on tv, he says that warts and veruccas are a parasite that can live on the body without the body knowing they are there. He reccomends 'upsetting it', make it bleed (sounds horrid, I know) apparently once you have made it bleed your body will try to repair that affected part and will then become aware that it has a parasite and send in the imune system in to kill it off!! He had had a wart for years which he hadn't been able to get rid of and this worked for him. Might be worth a try??

There could be something in that. I've been having 10 months of Cryotherapy which has not worked. I have previously tried every 'over the counter' remedies which didn't work either. I am now treating my verrucae with banana skins & tea tree oil. I am now on day 12 and they look very much better - not so deep and certainly not so painful. I punish them twice daily with the pumice stone and have even made some of them bleed. I cannot say at the moment if this is the answer so will keep you posted. If anyone wants details of what I do please ask. I do not claim to be an 'expert' but will willingly pass on any info I can.

When applying any kind of treatment to the wart you should make sure to soak the foot and then remove the callous that it builds around itself, either with a foot file or a credo-blade. This way the treatment is able to penetrate right to the wart. Warts are a virus, so once they are in your system it is always there, so when your immune system is compromised they may show up again.

Hey...I know this sounds a little strange, but I use duct tape! I keep the duct tape on for long enough that it starves the verruca from oxygen until it just falls off!

many years ago i managed to ge a verucca on the pad of my thumb of all places after i had treated a verucca on my sisters foot by putting vaseline around it and dropping acid on it....they are very infectious. i had an appointment to go to hospital to have it frozen off but someone told me to use the milk that comes out of dandelion stalks when you pick them (sfter all many meds are made from plants etc). i was a bit sceptical but gave it a try. it made all the little black roots rise to the surface of the verucca and then i pulled each one out with tweezers....it hurt a bit...but within a week the verucca had gone and has never returned. the hospital wouldnt believe me so i still had to go for them to see it and they were very surprised that there was absolutely no sign of it at alll and it was a huge one before i treated it.

i had em when i was little and the doctor gave me some stuff in a little green bottle with an eye dropper type thing in it. lethal stuff it was - my mum spilt it on the chait arm and it burnt thru the upholstery! worked wonders on my feet though. will see if i can find out the name for you. it did verrucas and warts. mine were massive and really painful xx

I used to get them on my hands and fingers and I used my electrolysis machine/needle on them (I wouldnt recc anyone else do it cos its very painful) but it worked and havent had them since. I had been all over and couldnt get rid of them...so I took matters into my own hands...after they all dissapeared I would occ get the odd wart on my hand and then I would zap them...

sarahp said:
Placing a small piece of banana skin on the verruca is menat to help.....something to do with the enzymes!!! Does take quite a while for it to go though.

Also a thin bit of raw potato with a bandaide will get rid of it....takes about a week though sometimes longer..ie; you have to replace the potato everyday ..

this sounds really strange but i had load of warts and verrucas and i had them burnt off at the hospital so many times but it never worked. i was told to try sharks liver oil capsulas, you no the ones like cod liver oil. and it worked! which in 2 weeks they were all gone and i had had them for years!

Duck tape worked for me i had a wart on my finger for a couple of years and my cryo nurse told me about the duck tape (has to be the silver one for some reason) in conjunction with freezing it, worked a treat.

I have a client whose husband had really bad warts on the bottom of his foot. I know this may sound gross but pee on it. They'll be gone within a week...at least they were with him.

I actually know a few other people this worked for as well.

I heard about the banana skin method as well. Basically you cut a small piece off, place it on the verucca, stick a plaster over to hold in place. Do this at night for a couple of nights and it should just come away.

hmm, I had one way back when I was (luckily? the relationship didnt last too long, and ended messily) dating a podiatrist....

I thought it was just a wierd painful callus, but he found it on a foot rub.

every day he treated it with salisytic acid (sp?) after debriding the whole damned thing twice a day for a week and a half...

it hurt, but, it was gone, havent had one (verrucca or podiatrist) since...

Latest posts

Back