Very cool technique for Brisa users wanting colored gel....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:)Hi that is great that the word is out for brisa colour. The actual formula is to use 10 drops of creative colour enamel to 1 brush load of brisa clear this will give you more of a translucent colour so just keep adding you can also add the metro and mosaic colour powders and they al work extremely well. this was created in Barcelona Spain a couple of years ago and works perfectly well. So nail techs get creative with colour and gel its great

Tracey Leja
Creative Nail Ambassador
Essex UK
Cadiz/Huelva Spain :idea:

:)Hi that is great that the word is out for brisa colour. The actual formula is to use 10 drops of creative colour enamel to 1 brush load of brisa clear this will give you more of a translucent colour so just keep adding you can also add the metro and mosaic colour powders and they al work extremely well. this was created in Barcelona Spain a couple of years ago and works perfectly well. So nail techs get creative with colour and gel its great

Tracey Leja
Creative Nail Ambassador
Essex UK
Cadiz/Huelva Spain :idea:
Hi Tracey - Great to see you online!:hug:

Have had a good play with this & applied the first natural nail/coloured overlay to a client that is very active & a cleaning machine. Still looking great after 2 weeks.
We used CND Work of Art & Clear Brisa Gel. Mix Ratio not noted.

The second was an infill over exisiting gel [NOT BRISA].... This has lasted also really well & this client works as a beauty therapist & helps out in the hairdressing salon also. 10 nails all looking fab after 1 week.
We used CND Toxic Perfection & Clear Brisa Gel. Mix Ratio not noted.

The combination of CND enamel & Brisa gel has worked great so far,
although I did note that the colour is'nt exactly the same as just from the enamel bottle... a bit lighter even after completed.

You do use a fair bit of enamel with this, but I will add $5 to $10.00 to signature coloured gel service or retail the matching enamel.
C,mon CND Coloured Brisa..... More economical IMO...

The lil "MT" pots I have available in gold or silver are approx the same price, but not from the same place, postage may vary as we sell in lots of 3/5/ and upwards etc-
(That's a great website Carl thanks for that :hug: Will have to pop in there when we settle into our premises- Parramatta Road Leichardt)

Cheers

XX J XX

Going to sound a bit dumb here, maybes I don't understand properly, but could you just not paint the varnish on and then put a gel finisih coat on top?
I do this on my toes and it lasts fine.

Just bumping this up to see if anyone knows the answer to my last question

Well that's something I tried to find out about 2 years ago, and I know a few of us experimented with polish and gel and it never worked for me.

So tell us what products you are using

Deb379

Going to sound a bit dumb here, maybes I don't understand properly, but could you just not paint the varnish on and then put a gel finisih coat on top?
I do this on my toes and it lasts fine.

I too enamel then top coat with UV Finishing Gloss or a clear gel overlay.
But gel & enamel together was something I had heard of but didn't want to try & waste product.

After seeing the results with CND enamel & clear Brisa gel combined, [we will be trying it with Hawley's enamel & gels this week] & the way it wears IMO it's a great alternative to add across the service menu. Until CND release the coloured gels I'll be utilizing this technique...

HtH

XX J XX

Just for a couple questions above there lol:

As for putting finish gloss over enamel- thats all good and fine for folks that dont mind if it happens to chip a smidge from rough handling- but using the enamel in clear sculpting gel technique is a bit hardier, and a chip wouldnt be noticeable because the same color is throughout. not just on top. ;)

I talked to one of my "homegirls" at the hotline and told them I was releasing the buzz online and they cracked up at me. AND a few of those hotliners didn't even KNOW this technique! I felt very much like Yoda ;)

Do my nails become me or am I becoming nails... LMAO!

I think I sat in the sun too long today.

Hope you all are having fun with my new playthingy. ;)

That is some very interesting and usefull information.
Thanks a bunch
of to find someones toes to try it out.

Hi,
Be careful,
This was tried by another brand a while ago and we were all very excited,however because UV light does`nt cure nail enamel there can be a sensitivity problem for some clients as the product on the nail is never 100% cured(I know it feels rock hard).
Not wanting to rain on anyone`s parade,but do be careful as it can result in a serious reaction.

I know this is a very old thread but would like to know if anyone had tried this recently and if so, how was it, did it last?
Thanks x

I have tried it, but it never worked for me..........perhaps I did it wrong.

I have just reverted to using polish over Gel and to be honest it lasts until the next maintenance appointment so I haven't pursued it. I also mix the coloured Brisa gels and can get very close to polish colours - HTH

I have tried it, but it never worked for me..........perhaps I did it wrong.

I have just reverted to using polish over Gel and to be honest it lasts until the next maintenance appointment so I haven't pursued it. I also mix the coloured Brisa gels and can get very close to polish colours - HTH

Thank you Adele. When you say that it didn't work for you...what do you mean? Did it chip/peel/lift etc.?

I suppose nowadays (a couple of years on from when the thread was started) there are so many choices of coloured gels around including the Brisa Bolds that there is no need to do this but I suppose its a good idea when you're stuck that its a good trick to have up your sleeve!

I had a play this morning on one of my fingers which had a natural l&p enhancement on it.
I 180grit filed, then thin coat of clear, 2 layer of enamel/gel mix, thin coat of clear and then topcoat.
I found this very interesting as I love creative enamels as do my clients.
My question is, did this method lead to any service breakdown?
When gel just gels (not over l&p) would you need to remove all the colour when doing a rebalance. ie can you prep, apply zone 3 in thin base clear, then continue with colour and top coat?
Is it necessary after colour to apply clear gel before top gloss?
Not seen anything like this before and would just like to clarify.
Thanking you.
andrea

Thank you Adele. When you say that it didn't work for you...what do you mean? Did it chip/peel/lift etc.?

I suppose nowadays (a couple of years on from when the thread was started) there are so many choices of coloured gels around including the Brisa Bolds that there is no need to do this but I suppose its a good idea when you're stuck that its a good trick to have up your sleeve!

I just couldn't get enough density of colour :cry:

I always get asked the question about putting gloss gel over nail polish rather than using colour gel.

I've tried it and her is my verdict..

1 - you have to wait for the polish to dry completely before attempting it
2 - it chips because the gel does not bond to the polish like it would to another gel layer
3 - when you come to removng it, it clogs up the file and is a nightmare to remove

As for the mixing gel with polish situation - I didn't even go there!!

These things are fine for doing your own nails and maybe a few clients, but when you have a busy salon, it's easier just to get the pot of gel and do the clients nails.

We do mix colour gels to make custom colour in our salon, but when we do, we make a whole 15ml jar not just a little bit.
This is because we find that in most cases more than a few clients will have our new custom colour. Heaven forbid that a client breaks a nail and we haven't got enough mixed or can't match the colour!!

Gina xxxx

well oh my bloomin gosh.... who found this !!!
I remember this thread

I only did my brisa conversion last week.....stop putting 'play time' idea's into my head people, I need to practice my basic technique first :rolleyes:

(you all soooooooooooo know I am gunna try this tomorrow :lol:)

well oh my bloomin gosh.... who found this !!!
I remember this thread Now you're showing your age! lol

I only did my brisa conversion last week.....stop putting 'play time' idea's into my head people, I need to practice my basic technique first :rolleyes:

(you all soooooooooooo know I am gunna try this tomorrow :lol:)

LOL. I spent a VERY long time reading the WHOLE thread today...some bits twice!
Can you let me know how you get on during and after your play time?

I tried this a few years back but could never get the colour to come out right they always looked wishy washy lol

Latest posts

Back