Vinylux-Is anyone experiencing problems?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we are forgetting this is a retail product and therefore surely it should be easy to use by our consumers? i.e. easy on and off, great wear ability and no staining. I get asked all the time will it stain? What am I to say to that? How can we also retail the varnish without the Nourishing Remover if this is how they are to remove their own varnish as instructed in the leaflet about Vinylux??

Agree with Angie, we need retail bottles of nourishing remover so we can retail as a package.

I haven't had any staining so far (touch wood:o). I've used plenty of the deeper darker colours too and so far so good :biggrin:

I have done a lady tonight through who has poor condition toes nails and I used overtly onyx so Maybe there will be some staining when I go to remove it in a fortnight....but then with nails like that I would expect that with any polish (used to use OPI). I wish I had tried the trick mentioned a few pages back with this one lady which is to paint a layer of lavishly loved first. We will see....maybe I'm just nervous after reading this thread..........

Agree with Angie, we need retail bottles of nourishing remover so we can retail as a package.

They're coming I absolutely promise... 2oz bottles like the diddy ScrubFreshes...:Love:

Wow I can't believe all these problems people are having. I rarely do nails any more and when i do it's gel or L&p but I bought a bottle of midnight swim vinylux and top coat thinking it might be a quick easy way to get some colour on my own nails because I can't be bothered with the application and removal of shellac on myself.

I loved it so much I went straight back and bought some more colours. Yes the chipped on the forth day, after I did the dishes etc with no gloves on :twisted: but for how quick and easy it is (LOVE the drying time) I can do them twice a week if I need and the same thing would've happened with any polish

I have been using vinylux and have had no problems until now, ive just taken off the water park which is a lovely blue but found that it has stained just one of my nails yellow it does not look very nice and cant get it off,any suggestions anyone! Im hopeing it wont happen to any of my clients as this is suppose to be a stain free polish!

I think I am going to have to try the 'lavishly loved' trick as base coat on ridged nails because I had another of my regulars back in today after 5 weeks since I applied hot chillis. On the plus side it was still looking really good and she loved it, but oh dear the removal process, most the colour swept off reasonably easily but the ridges... Oh those bloody ridges! Good job she's an understanding regular and was the last client of the day otherwise she would have had about 25min left of her 45minute pedicure after I finished removing the vinylux. Don't get me wrong I love the stuff on myself and other people with good nails/toenails but I gotta admit I felt a sigh of relief when this particular lady chose an opi colour this time, means next month won't be such a nightmare.
I'm still not sure (even with a mini bottle of nourishing remover and me advising her on how to remove properly as Geeg explained) that this lady would have ever removed that herself at home, or maybe I am worrying too much :-(

I think I am going to have to try the 'lavishly loved' trick as base coat on ridged nails because I had another of my regulars back in today after 5 weeks since I applied hot chillis. On the plus side it was still looking really good and she loved it, but oh dear the removal process, most the colour swept off reasonably easily but the ridges... Oh those bloody ridges! Good job she's an understanding regular and was the last client of the day otherwise she would have had about 25min left of her 45minute pedicure after I finished removing the vinylux. Don't get me wrong I love the stuff on myself and other people with good nails/toenails but I gotta admit I felt a sigh of relief when this particular lady chose an opi colour this time, means next month won't be such a nightmare.
I'm still not sure (even with a mini bottle of nourishing remover and me advising her on how to remove properly as Geeg explained) that this lady would have ever removed that herself at home, or maybe I am worrying too much :-(
Why is she keeping a weekly polish on for 4 weeks? Of course it is going to be harder to remove after that amount of time ... It is not meant to be worn for that long. It's a polish that is meant to be changed! If she doesn't want to change her polish the tell her to wear Shellac! 8 minute removal. I really do not know why you are worrying at all. :)

I guess she wanted to continue wearing it as it was still chip free and she liked the colour, and to be fair she's not the only one of my clients with this same mentality. I have a very high retention rate of pedicure clients that come every 4 weeks and have done since I opened 4 years ago and I think the reason they have always justified it to themselves is that (among other thing) that the polish always lasts better when I do it then when they DIY their pedi.
Maybe vinylux isn't for these kind of clients :-( I did like the fact it dries so quickly, but if you are saying she should really be removing it after a week that's not what my clients want to do and to be honest there is no need for me to go down the shellac toes route with them because they were always more than happy with their opi polish for toenails until I bullied them into having the vinylux because it was new and I was excited lol

Maybe I will save vinylux for manicures and the odd pedicure when they want it to match their shellac
Xx

Do many clients have weekly pedicure?

^^^ I agree. Pedi clients expect to be able to keep a polish on for at least 2 or 3 weeks - longer if possible.

I still haven't had any problems myself. But is it clients with porous, bad condition toe nails it's affecting? If so, wouldn't they encounter the same staining and removal issues no matter what polish they used? Just wondering....

Do many clients have weekly pedicure?

None of mine do, they have them every 4-6 weeks, having a weekly polish on toes is not something any of my clients would buy into

there is no way any of my clients would come every week for a pedicure and neither would i expect them to, I have not had any clients with problems so far (touch wood) apart from 1 that had fading and not had any major removal issues, still loving Vinylux :Love:

My clients wouldn't have a weekly pedicure either, 2/3 weeks for Vinylux pedicure, 4/6 weeks for shellac.

Arrrgghhh this thread is SOOOO frustrating! I have had vinylux on my toes since it came out, changing them about every 4 weeks. NO removal issues, NO staining, NO PROBLEMS! (Actually is easier to remove than opi at times!)

Oh and I haven't removed cuticles on myself for ages cause I don't have the time, I haven't used solar oil either because I'm rubbish at remembering and the only thing I do is scrubfresh before I apply. I get no chips on my toes. My fingernails are perfect for as long as I don't need to do a mani/pedi/shellac on anyone and that's only because I haven't mastered the 'how to not take my own off' yet while I'm doing theirs.

My only issue is the silly stock thing but that's another thread lol x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've not had any removal issues. Yes it does take longer than a normal polish but only slightly. Never more than 5-10 minutes. We can't have everything.

I find it interesting that most of the complaints are coming from ways the system is being used improperly. We were told from the get go (it says on the site and Jan even said this in an interview or video, I can't remember exactly but it is out there) that it won't necessarily be a great product for people with damaged nails or ridges. They say that with long wear it could stain. I remember reading all of this in the info out there CND has provided. This is also a good reason I feel salons need to carry more than one product line OR offer smoothing gel along with it. They will get longer wear, no staining and stronger nails. This is also why it is important to know your product before you use it!

I never suggested weekly pedicures! That would be ridiculous. My post was referring to manicures with VINYLUX.

Naturally clients are going to wear VINYLUX on their toes for far longer ... Makes no difference to me because I am not the one having problems with removal ... Not a one. I don't find it takes longer to remove and I remove it as I have always removed polish ... In the professional way.

1. Never use lint free wipes to remove polish period, is my motto. They feel slippery, slimy and there is nothing to grip and drag the polish off the nail. Cotton pads are rubbish at removal as well and so are thin, papery lint free wipes .. which do only what they say ... WIPE ... they not absorb the colour or remove polish well.

2. The very best pad to use for removing polish in my opinion is a Nail Techs Choice gauze pad. The textured surface removes the polish without slipping and sliding and there is enough 'filling' in the centre of the pad to hold the right amount of remover to really do the job and do it well without smearing it. Don't believe me? Invest in just one packet and see.

3. Saturate the Gauze filled pad and hold a corner of it firmly in place on the nail surface for 8-10 seconds before you press and grip tightly and draw the pad Toward you along with the colour, off the nail. Repeat if necessary with a clean corner of the pad. That small time of holding the pad in place will save you minutes as well as the use of may more pads. This is the professional way. You never rub up and down the nail ... Always work towards yourself.. Rubbing the pad up and down just grinds the pigment into the surface particularly if the nails are ridged or dry.

Those who have trouble removing ordinary polish or Vinylux Polish are either,
not using the right remover
not using the right kind of pad
or not following the professional technique of removal.

Last edited:
I never suggested weekly pedicures! That would be ridiculous. My post was referring to manicures with VINYLUX.

Naturally clients are going to wear VINYLUX on their toes for far longer ... Makes no difference to me because I am not the one having problems with removal ... Not a one. I don't find it takes longer to remove and I remove it as I have always removed polish ... In the professional way.

1. Never use lint free wipes to remove polish period, is my motto. They feel slippery, slimy and there is nothing to grip and drag the polish off the nail. Cotton pads are rubbish at removal as well and so are thin, papery lint free wipes .. which do only what they say ... WIPE ... they not absorb the colour or remove polish well.

2. The very best pad to use for removing polish in my opinion is a Nail Techs Choice gauze pad. The textured surface removes the polish without slipping and sliding and there is enough 'filling' in the centre of the pad to hold the right amount of remover to really do the job and do it well without smearing it. Don't believe me? Invest in just one packet and see.

3. Saturate the Gauze filled pad and hold a corner of it firmly in place on the nail surface for 8-10 seconds before you press and grip tightly and draw the pad Toward you along with the colour, off the nail. Repeat if necessary with a clean corner of the pad. That small time of holding the pad in place will save you minutes as well as the use of may more pads. This is the professional way. You never rub up and down the nail ... Always work towards yourself.. Rubbing the pad up and down just grinds the pigment into the surface particularly if the nails are ridged or dry.

Those who have trouble removing ordinary polish or Vinylux Polish are either,
not using the right remover
not using the right kind of pad
or not following the professional technique of removal.

I have trouble removing and have been doing all of the above :irked:

I have trouble removing and have been doing all of the above :irked:
Yes, we know! :) I'd just love to come and remove your clients VINYLUX for you. We've just placed our 4th order this morning for restock and funnily enough we use it mostly for pedicures booked monthly and mainly retail the rest (oh yes). as Shellac still takes the número UNO spot for manicures. ..

It takes us nothing like 10 minutes to remove VINYLUX colour ... Possibly 3? ... I'll time it next time to see. :green: Gonzalo does most of the pedicures; I wonder if it is his man power that makes him faster at the job?

Yes, we know! :) I'd just love to come and remove your clients VINYLUX for you. We've just placed our 4th order this morning for restock and funnily enough we use it mostly for pedicures booked monthly and mainly retail the rest (oh yes). as Shellac still takes the número UNO spot for manicures. ..

It takes us nothing like 10 minutes to remove VINYLUX colour ... Possibly 3? ... I'll time it next time to see. :green: Gonzalo does most of the pedicures; I wonder if it is his man power that makes him faster at the job?

Maybe it is the man power, but all my clients that have their toes painted are perhaps feeble women and have that power :lol:.

Lucky you getting the stock :lol:

Latest posts

Back