Vinylux tips & tricks for application?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PixieBeauty

Reaction score
As one of many who have ordered the Vinylux & not had any intro/training at The Event, wondering if anyone can share any tips/tricks on application before I get my hands on it?

Any nail art techniques we already know of?
Is it thin to win?
Will it cover ridges or can we use ridge out base coat?

Anything else lovely geeks? Xx

Can the nail fresh trick be used?

Yeah, what is the Nail Fresh trick? :)

What is the nail fresh trick?

nail fresh which is a product from cnd which dehydrates the nail plate, some people use it to detail their smile line with polish, I'm just wondering if it would work as well with vinylux

I don't think there are any 'tricks'! It's a professional only polish but one that you can retail to clients! It lasts 7 days!

Preparing the nail is key to ANY polish! Longevity is only as good as the nail it is applied to. This one happens to be better!

The nail must be super clean, no cuticle. NO base is needed. Thin colour seems to work better. Generous top coat floated over is best.

It is a 'system'! Colour and top coat are the system. No need to reapply the top.

simples!

As Marian says, please do not over complicate a simple process.

Yes, thin to win but it helps to have your brush loaded with enough polish to be able to cover the nail quickly and efficiently with out re-dipping into the VINYlUX.

You NEVER need to use a base coat with VINYLUX .. This polish is Self-adhering to keratin and using a base coat will not allow that to happen.

VINYLUX dries fast so you need to use your skill and polish fast too. Have fun, its awesome.

So no nail fresh? How would you tidy your smile line if needed?

If you tidied up your smile line you would end up with Vinylux all over the place! It's a POLISH how would you usually tidy up polish?? Personally I don't I just try to get it right first time! Maybe try practicing your French application?

As Marian says, please do not over complicate a simple process.

Yes, thin to win but it helps to have your brush loaded with enough polish to be able to cover the nail quickly and efficiently with out re-dipping into the VINYlUX.

You NEVER need to use a base coat with VINYLUX .. This polish is Self-adhering to keratin and using a base coat will not allow that to happen.

VINYLUX dries fast so you need to use your skill and polish fast too. Have fun, its awesome.

This is fab, I'm going to find it very odd not needing to apply a base coat! Can't wait to get my mitts on it!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

If you tidied up your smile line you would end up with Vinylux all over the place! It's a POLISH how would you usually tidy up polish?? Personally I don't I just try to get it right first time! Maybe try practicing your French application?

A lot of techs sharpen up their French smiles with Acetone...or even better Nail fresh as it evaporates quicker. Polish doesnt end up all over the place, this is a tried and tested method when perfection hasn't quite been reached with initial application, and a lot easier than removing and starting again :eek:

However as this product is only on sale today and some EVent attendees have only had it a couple of days, these things may not have been tried yet.

Surely as with every new product it is up to us to see what it can do, trial it on ourselves and some guinea pigs.
However at the end of the day it is a POLISH.....we all remember how to do polish dont we ?

Last edited:
A lot of techs sharpen up their French smiles with Acetone...or even better Nail fresh as it evaporates quicker. Polish doesnt end up all over the place, this is a tried and tested method when perfection hasn't quite been reached with initial application, and a lot easier than removing and starting again :eek:

However as this product is only on sale today and some EVent attendees have only had it a couple of days, these things may not have been tried yet.

Surely as with every new product it is up to us to see what it can do, trial it on ourselves and some guinea pigs.
However at the end of the day it is a POLISH.....we all remember how to do polish dont we ?

Polish............? What's that? I only know of Shellac hahaha ;)

Polish............? What's that? I only know of Shellac hahaha ;)

It's like riding a bike lolly...you never forget ! :wink2:

Vinylux is a dream to apply, flows from the brush giving great coverage making it easy to work that bit faster before it dries !
Floating over the topcoat took a bit more getting used to and OH the smell of polish again :Love:

nail fresh which is a product from cnd which dehydrates the nail plate, some people use it to detail their smile line with polish, I'm just wondering if it would work as well with vinylux

Ah that trick yes I use that for shellac :D

Can you explain to me what you do to sharpen up your french smile lines with Acetone or nail fresh as i have trouble with mine?

Can you explain to me what you do to sharpen up your french smile lines with Acetone or nail fresh as i have trouble with mine?

With vinylux you would need to paint on the white tip first then use a brush dipped in nail fresh to tidy up the smile line, I use my biosculpture French brush. This will be possible as there is no need for a base coat with vinylux but not if you do the white smile line over another colour. Hope that makes sense.

Of course you can use a damp brush with Nail Fresh .. As izzi says it dries so fast it will not mess up a smile line ... That is the whole beauty of using it.

I agree it is best to learn to get it perfect and not have to use it but the reality is sometimes we screw up and need to use. It.

With vinylux you would need to paint on the white tip first then use a brush dipped in nail fresh to tidy up the smile line, I use my biosculpture French brush. This will be possible as there is no need for a base coat with vinylux but not if you do the white smile line over another colour. Hope that makes sense.
You can even use it over another colour if you are gentle and just tidy without dragging ... The generous top coat will erase any marks if they are only surface and light.

Yes I realise it's a polish and that's what I mean, nail fresh has always been used to help tidy up smile lines with polish. The reason why I was asking was as I haven't tried vinylux yet so I haven't had a chance to play, the op was asking for tips and this one was passed on to me by Geeg a long time ago so I thought I'd mention it that's all. Also as vinylux is a new formula I thought that maybe there might be a reason I shouldn't use it.

Thank you izzy doll I'll wait till somebody tries it or until I put in my order myself

Cheers

Of course you can use a damp brush with Nail Fresh .. As izzi says it dries so fast it will not mess up a smile line ... That is the whole beauty of using it.

I agree it is best to learn to get it perfect and not have to use it but the reality is sometimes we screw up and need to use. It.

Thank you :) can't wait to try x

Latest posts

Back