Vinylux tips & tricks for application?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooooh ok. I didn't realise we needed to shake them as you don't shake normal polishes. Great! Will give them another go tomorrow :) thanks!

If I use vinylux to do nail art on top of completed shellac service can I then use shellac top coat or would it have to be vinylux top coat ?

If I use vinylux to do nail art on top of completed shellac service can I then use shellac top coat or would it have to be vinylux top coat ?

I would have said Shellac topcoat lovey, as lots of geeks use Konad polish and Shellac top coat over that, so I can't see there being a problem. That's how I would do it. :D

I would have said Shellac topcoat lovey, as lots of geeks use Konad polish and Shellac top coat over that, so I can't see there being a problem. That's how I would do it. :D
Thank you...yes I did that and it worked a treat. Vinylux is great for nail art :)

Hi,

With me been new to the vinylux, could someone help me please?
When I am doing a luxury manicure/pedicure which could involve soaking, exfoliation, massage and paraffin wax.

When would i be best applying the polish?

Sorry if this has been mentioned.

Thank you!!

Xxx

Hi,

With me been new to the vinylux, could someone help me please?
When I am doing a luxury manicure/pedicure which could involve soaking, exfoliation, massage and paraffin wax.

When would i be best applying the polish?

Sorry if this has been mentioned.

Thank you!!

Xxx

As Vinylux is still a polish, you would apply at the end of your treatment, just as you would with any other traditional polish x

Thank you fee.

Just wanted to make sure, didn't want it to lift or anything.

I find it hard to believe that its just replaced my normal nail polish, think that's the problem lol x

My Vinylux 10 + 2 pack arrived today. i also ordered electric orange, midnight swim & tutti fruitti..... I was at first a little worried that because it dries so quickly i may need to practice my application a few times. ( i too am used to using OPI) But wow... I am in love with Vinylux - its easy to apply, gives a beautiful coverage. I have not needed a 3rd coat for any colours, and it really does dry that quickly. Even after just 5 mins my nails were touch dry & i made a cup of tea with no smudging! I am wearing tutti fruitti & the shine is just as good as that which i had with Gelish.
My only complaint is that i now want EVERY colour & some are out of stock, but this only goes to prove how many others are truly impressed with it too!
I shall now be replacing all of my OPI Polishes with Vinylux.
A fab little creation. Many Thanks CND.

I dont use vinylux but I do have a question that been bugging me lol.

If you offer file & polish (no cuticle work) is this ok for Vinylux?
Does it last the week without cuticle work or would you advice clients they need a full mani. .. or would you scrap file & polished all together? ?

Just intrigued :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Even before i changed over from OPI to Vinylux, i have always offered:Cuticle work, file and paint. I do not offer just a 'file & paint'. I think for any polish to look & last its best cuticle work is best done.

I dont use vinylux but I do have a question that been bugging me lol.

If you offer file & polish (no cuticle work) is this ok for Vinylux?
Does it last the week without cuticle work or would you advice clients they need a full mani. .. or would you scrap file & polished all together? ?

Just intrigued :D

Omitting proper preparation of the nail plate and surrounding nail plate is not any kind of manicure!!

I totally agree. . Its not my decision to offer f&p at work but my bosses :/
Was just wondering if any one was the same

I was hoping she would bring vinylux in, so if we do ill know for sure to tell her to add cuticle work

X

I totally agree. . Its not my decision to offer f&p at work but my bosses :/
Was just wondering if any one was the same x

Well if all you do is file and polish then you can't expect any manicure to last as long as it will if you remove cuticle and prepare the nail plate. :eek:

Well if all you do is file and polish then you can't expect any manicure to last as long as it will if you remove cuticle and prepare the nail plate. :eek:

Obviously we offer full manicures so I usually advise clients to have this done so they get the cuticle work done.

But funnily enough the college I went to offered f&p and the last salon I worked at did too.
We even offer just a polish, which for £5 really is a waste of our time and money.

Obviously we offer full manicures so I usually advise clients to have this done so they get the cuticle work done.

But funnily enough the college I went to offered f&p and the last salon I worked at did too.
We even offer just a polish, which for £5 really is a waste of our time and money.

Agreed! Give your clients a service or don't do it at all.

Are you suppose to clean the nail before painting ie scrub fresh x

Of Course you are ! How can you paint on any surface and expect it to last if it is not clean of all cuticle and contamination? Have you done training?

Last edited:
Ok so iv just top coated 22 colour pops for my Vinylux clients, got to the final one and only just noticed that the wand looked a little gloopy.

Oh dear the top coat has been drying during my application on the wand! Iv just tried to clean my brush as that was just beginning to go, wiped it first with a nail wipe, avoided Acetone then used IA but now my brush is stiff :(

Please tell me I can rescue it? Iv put foil over the open bottle to seal it for the time being. The product itself is fine.

It might help if you think about why you think you would clean the nail?

What does the scrubfresh do to the nailplate? Is that action benefical to the plate and/or coating?

Would you apply a permanent coating over a 'virgin' nail that has had no prior preparatory treatment? Why? Or Why not? Would this be different for temporary coating?

Ok so iv just top coated 22 colour pops for my Vinylux clients, got to the final one and only just noticed that the wand looked a little gloopy.

Oh dear the top coat has been drying during my application on the wand! Iv just tried to clean my brush as that was just beginning to go, wiped it first with a nail wipe, avoided Acetone then used IA but now my brush is stiff :(

Please tell me I can rescue it? Iv put foil over the open bottle to seal it for the time being. The product itself is fine.

Does anyone have any advice? My brush has had it by the way, luckily I had a spare top coat so I have replaced the new brush from that and put it into the old one. Ive wrapped tightly some foil around the new opened bottled of top coat until I need it.

Latest posts

Back