Vinylux tips & tricks for application?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also make sure you scrub fresh the whole nail plate and under the extension edge :) that would be the problem if you don't scrub right under the extension edge as nail filings and oil can hide under there :)

I was thinking its just wear and tear too but do you think a client would complain with it being sold to them as a polish that will last 7 days?

I was thinking its just wear and tear too but do you think a client would complain with it being sold to them as a polish that will last 7 days?

I wouldn't commit to saying it WILL last for 7 days.
There's too many variables involved.
I would say it will last UP to 7 days

I wouldn't commit to saying it WILL last for 7 days.
There's too many variables involved.
I would say it will last UP to 7 days
Absolutely!

If you tell them it WILL last 7 days, then some of them will do their damndest to make sure it doesn't.

If you tell them it can last UP to 7 days with the correct care, etc... well, then they'll take huge delight if they manage it. Funny sods :lol:

can we use air shield/ therma shield with vinylux, only we use air shield on top of a polish when clients have acrylics!!!!

can we use air shield/ therma shield with vinylux, only we use air shield on top of a polish when clients have acrylics!!!!

No, and you won't need to. The VINYLUX top coat is quite unique in that it actually gets harder and more durable as the 7 days goes on, with visible light .. one of the secrets of the service. You would use nothing but the two components of the system ... the colour and the VINYLUX top coat; it needs nothing else at all.

Hi, I did ask this on another thread but didn't get a response. Thought it prob sits better in here anyway.
Can you put a glitter nail varnish over vinylux and if so should it go under or over the vinylux top coat?
I can always just experiment myself but thought someone might know the answer?

Hi, I did ask this on another thread but didn't get a response. Thought it prob sits better in here anyway.
Can you put a glitter nail varnish over vinylux and if so should it go under or over the vinylux top coat?

The Vinylux top coat is made to top the vinylux colour coat ,introducing a regular polish between the 2 of them will cause problems I'm sure as the technology of vinylux and regular polish is 70 years apart.:D
I'd say putting it on top of the finished vinylux service would be your best bet

I would not use any other nail varnish over, under or in between VINYLUX. If you want to pollute the system then save yourself the trouble and just use another polish in the first place.

You could add glitter or additives, for other effects, to the VINYLUX but not another polish.

Great thanks. Do wonder if you would be able to feel the roughness of a glitter when it is just under a topcoat rather than under gel/shellac? Maybe I'll jst give it a go and see.

Xx

I just used spring additives over Vinylux. It is a bit bumpy. Maybe another top coat is needed.
So glad I try things on myself first :p

Would like to dip my toe in (so to speak).

What are your most popular colors?

Haven't got my hands on it yet but can anyone tell me how to adhere glitter to Vinylux if it dries so quickly? Xx

I used irresistable glitter in Tangerine with Vinylux on toes yesterday, I did 2 coats of tropix on each nail, then using a my glitter brush i dipped it into the glitter, held it over the toe and just tapped of the glitter onto the polish, then i used my fan brush to gently remove the excess before topcoat. Client also had same on fingers but with shellac. Worked a treat and looked fabulous for her holidays :D hth's

I used gotcha today, 2 coats were not enough, it was extremely transparent so had to do 3 coats before we had decent coverage so then obviously it didn't dry in the allotted time.
My client wanted to try it today as she wanted to see what it was like before she ordered it, think its put her off now and she said she would think about it.
When I painted a nail pop it seemed fine but on an actual nail totally different story.

Has anyone else had this?

I used irresistable glitter in Tangerine with Vinylux on toes yesterday, I did 2 coats of tropix on each nail, then using a my glitter brush i dipped it into the glitter, held it over the toe and just tapped of the glitter onto the polish, then i used my fan brush to gently remove the excess before topcoat. Client also had same on fingers but with shellac. Worked a treat and looked fabulous for her holidays :D hth's

Thanks! Will have to give it a try xx

I used gotcha today, 2 coats were not enough, it was extremely transparent so had to do 3 coats before we had decent coverage so then obviously it didn't dry in the allotted time.
My client wanted to try it today as she wanted to see what it was like before she ordered it, think its put her off now and she said she would think about it.
When I painted a nail pop it seemed fine but on an actual nail totally different story.

Has anyone else had this?

Yes, this happened to me today with Gotcha. It was on a very willing guinea pig so wasn't a major issue for me, and was also my 1st time using Vinylux! So I put it down to my inexperience using V or because it needed longer drying time as there was more coats.

I have used bicycle yellowing my toes tonight and all seems great and I even gave the big toes 3 coats!

I would also be interested to know if more coats require a longer drying time?

Just tagging to read later got my vinylux love it on all my customers toes put on my fingers not loving it lol think its mentor the product ;) x

No, and you won't need to. The VINYLUX top coat is quite unique in that it actually gets harder and more durable as the 7 days goes on, with visible light .. one of the secrets of the service. You would use nothing but the two components of the system ... the colour and the VINYLUX top coat; it needs nothing else at all.

Thanx geeg I thought so, my boss asked me to ask :) xxx

I love Vinylux!! Tried it for the first time today on myself over brisa smoothing gel as I've got my usually crap nails to a lovely length.
I trained to polish using Shellac so was a bit nervous but found it so easy to use :) i need to practice a bit more with the application but i LOVE it xx

Latest posts

Back