Vitagel by Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, just apply one coat and then wipe away inhibition layer.

How much are you charging for just 1 or 2 coats of Vitagel without colour or TIO?

How much are you charging for just 1 or 2 coats of Vitagel without colour or TIO?

I'm not too sure yet Pooh, I charge £15 for a luxury mani, so was thinking of adding £5 extra if they wanted the Vitagel.

I don't think I will be charging extra, because if it's under colour it's just replacing the foundation and if its on its own it's less work, so I can't see how I would justify it. (Client's are not interested in hearing that it cost me more!)

I guess those people that market it as a repair treatment for a set of weeks could, but i'm not going to bother, I just want to see if it's any good first and if it does make removal easier then it's a bonus :D x

Thank you, do you use 2 coats? x

I think it's up to you, the Harmony website has a video & in it they use 2 coats. I did my own with one coat under colour... been on for week-&-a-half and good so far :)

Has anyone found when using vitagel on its own it shrinks back loads and looks curvy/uneven at eponychium/sidewalls? X

Has anyone found when using vitagel on its own it shrinks back loads and looks curvy/uneven at eponychium/sidewalls? X

I haven't found this at all. I find it really easy to work with and makes a much smoother finish for the colour to be applied.

I have been following this post, so today I decided to give the strength a go as I normally use structure.
Did all the prep as usual, applied 2 coats of Vitagel, dry brushed. Applied 1 coat of colour and 3 fingers came out looking like the inside of an Aero!! Applied 1 more coat, all looked good except same 3. As it was on me decided to give bad 3 a rub down and applied another coat of colour. This looked much improved. So applied TIO and off I went.
2 hours later whilst watching rugby on tv I noticed 1 of my nails lifting and it wasn't one of the 3! Off I went in a strop to remove it all! OMG it comes off a dream, I always have trouble with removal!
So what went wrong? I want all my removals like that!
Any ideas please or it's the bin for Vitagel and back to structure for me. 😵

I have been following this post, so today I decided to give the strength a go as I normally use structure.
Did all the prep as usual, applied 2 coats of Vitagel, dry brushed. Applied 1 coat of colour and 3 fingers came out looking like the inside of an Aero!! Applied 1 more coat, all looked good except same 3. As it was on me decided to give bad 3 a rub down and applied another coat of colour. This looked much improved. So applied TIO and off I went.
2 hours later whilst watching rugby on tv I noticed 1 of my nails lifting and it wasn't one of the 3! Off I went in a strop to remove it all! OMG it comes off a dream, I always have trouble with removal!
So what went wrong? I want all my removals like that!
Any ideas please or it's the bin for Vitagel and back to structure for me. 😵

Maybe you applied it too thick? The first layer should be applied very thin and scrubbed in like foundation. The second like a thin layer of colour. I've used this so many times now and never once had a problem. Like you say, it removes so easily too.

Ah it sounds that may be the case then. I did apply a thin layer but not as thin as I would foundation.
Thank you, will give it another go in the morning.

Can you apply structure as well as Vitagel?

Hi all, I'm just starting out in gelish, looking to put in my 1st order soon. Do you think I should just purchase the recovery instead of the ph bond and foundation gel. I know if I were to use the structure gel, this has to be applied over the foundation. But just for now I'm thinking it could save money on my 1st order and I could then spend it in more colours. Advice greatly appreciated:)xx

Hi all, I'm just starting out in gelish, looking to put in my 1st order soon. Do you think I should just purchase the recovery instead of the ph bond and foundation gel. I know if I were to use the structure gel, this has to be applied over the foundation. But just for now I'm thinking it could save money on my 1st order and I could then spend it in more colours. Advice greatly appreciated:)xx

IMO no, you need ph bond whatever you use, and foundation is a basic requirement. Buy your basics and some colours first then look into Vitagel. I would get some structure too. HTH x

Has anyone tried the Vitagels' & Structure for maximum strength or can't they be used together?

Has anyone tried the Vitagels' & Structure for maximum strength or can't they be used together?

Well I have just applied both, will let you know how I get on 😃

IMO no, you need ph bond whatever you use, and foundation is a basic requirement. Buy your basics and some colours first then look into Vitagel. I would get some structure too. HTH x

I thought so. Will not be ordering for a few days so have plenty time to choose colours. so much to choose from yet so little money lol. Thank you:)xx

I noticed on the Harmony Facebook page that someone suggested using a foundation brush for the first coat of Vitagel which needs to be thin and scrubbed in. This seems like a really good idea.

My own nails with one coat of Vitagel Strength and Gelish colour are still going well. Looking forward to removing them to see if its as quick as two coats of Vitagel and colour.

3rd attempt, all advice followed and has lifted on one finger just like magic fish as I was watching tv!
Have been in contact with Lou my Gelish trainer she said try above foundation! Will give it one more go! 😡😡😡

3rd attempt, all advice followed and has lifted on one finger just like magic fish as I was watching tv!
Have been in contact with Lou my Gelish trainer she said try above foundation! Will give it one more go! 😡😡😡

This is really strange, I have had no problems with it at all and I've applied it to around ten clients and myself.

The stuff in the bottle is very weird (bit like wallpaper paste), I normally turn the bottle upside down and roll between my hands for a few seconds to make sure its fully mixed. I wonder if yours has separated or something?

Although if its just literally lifting off with no help, it sounds more like a prep problem.

Juicy Lucy you may have a point as all other fingers are fine this time. Can't think what I did wrong unless I was too mean with it around the edges 😳
Will try turning upside down (bottle not me) will just redo the one finger and see how long others last 😁

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1360240428.385712.jpg
Another day another nail!
This is what happens out of the blue!

I'm going to have a go with mine either tomorrow or over the weekend, i'll post back to let you know outcome, I have swapped the brush in the bottle for one out of my old foundation though as I think that will help. :biggrin: x

Latest posts

Back