Waiting for the postman!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaffacake

Malamute Geek!
Reaction score
I am expecting to receive a letter today to tell me what secondary school my son has been accepted into........ I am half excited, half dreading opening the envelope! I badly want to get him into a grammar school but we are out of the catchment area so I have been keeping everything crossed for the last 4 months! THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME NOW!!!

Why is it when you are waiting for something the Bloody postman always arrives about lunch time?? Some days I am just going out to collect the kids from school when my post turns up, not good enough really, doesnt stop them increasing the price of stamps though!

oh well, I will either be extreemely excited or very dissapointed........... :|

hope you dont have to wait too long. Im waiting for postie too, as ordered some stuff from nailtopia a couple of days ago, never used nail stickers before so its all new to me!

All the best Hun! Hope its the news you want xx

Fingers crossed Sherrie!:Love:

postman's been.........no letter!! AAAaaaaaagggggghhhhhhh!!! I cant take it anymore!!!!! :irked:

aw bless. Maybe tomorrow?

just called the number, there is a recorded message saying we should receive the decision pack by 7th March!! thats ages!! :evil: I know they were sent yesterday........

Typical:rolleyes: !! Well here's hoping that all the waiting and agonizing will turn out to be great nesw for ya!!

:hug: xx

i know haw you feel went through this myself last year, didnt want to open it when it finally arrived , hope it all workd out ok

Had mine this morning, got the school that we wanted..!! good luck

mine came this morning too with the school i had put down for joe......our babies are going to big school:Scared:

Just been to collect him, I am the only one who hasn't had a letter today :cry: out of the people that I spoke to they had all been allocated the school of their choice.

I suppose at the moment no news is good news..... really P'd off though!!

This is a very strange thing "choosing a school" there is only on primary and one secondary school in our area so really you don't have much choice unless you want to travel 20 miles!:|

nerakyarrum said:
This is a very strange thing "choosing a school" there is only on primary and one secondary school in our area so really you don't have much choice unless you want to travel 20 miles!:|

we have plenty to choose from, all the schools near me are crap though so he'll be travelling about 10 miles each way if he does get into the one we put 1st on the list (have to choose 4!)

Something that I find really strange although it doesnt happen at our primary school is that at some schools you have to apply for the infants and then apply again to get into the juniors!! how mad is that?? they dont all get accepted either and some have to go to a different school when they reach junior school age, I think thats ridiculous!

Aspirations said:
we have plenty to choose from, all the schools near me are crap though so he'll be travelling about 10 miles each way if he does get into the one we put 1st on the list (have to choose 4!)

Something that I find really strange although it doesnt happen at our primary school is that at some schools you have to apply for the infants and then apply again to get into the juniors!! how mad is that?? they dont all get accepted either and some have to go to a different school when they reach junior school age, I think thats ridiculous!
at the boys old school is was an infant school and you had to reapply to got to junior school.
they now go to a catholic primary and dont have to apply to go up too juniors.

My daughter has got into a out of area school, iv alwayed traveled as the local schools arnt very good. I think there was 135 places and 240 applied, she was very lucky

:D He got in!!!! :D

I am a cheshire cat now! LOL

thats great what school did he get in too........
know a few schools round basildon and surrounding areas

Westcliff High School for Boys, its a Grammar school, near Southend Hospital, do you know it?

have heard of its supposed to be a really good school.......

Latest posts

Back