Want to buy mma?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I don't really understand why everyone is kicking up a fuss about mma, do you know what is in all other acrylic products? Or Unless you have a phd in chemistry If it was that bad people would not sit and get there nails done. Why would you get false nails in the first place if your own nails were decent? I.e, because they don't like there own nails.

Actually, MMA monomer is not banned in the USA; it is used extensively in many industries it is not however an approved product for use in the nail industry.

When you think how many thousand upon thousands of women have their nails done with approved products, and they are not having the issues you are having; I think you have to look at the level of your education, experience and skill before sinking to the lowest level of the industry to solve your difficulties.
To be honest, I don't really understand why everyone is kicking up a fuss about mma, do you know what is in all other acrylic products? Or Unless you have a phd in chemistry If it was that bad people would not sit and get there nails done. Why would you get false nails in the first place if your own nails were decent? I.e, because they don't like there own nails.

yes, we all know what is in other branded approved products as the ingredients are listed on the MSDS which by law you should have in your possession for insurance purposes. You don't need a doctorate in chemistry to understand that information. Branded nail products are not 'bad' and some are way better than others. My nails are decent just not as strong as I would like them to be; hence why I wore enhancements for more than 25 years before switching to Shellac. Even after 25 years my nails were in good shape because I took care of them and used a great brand.

I'm tempted to think, listening to your responses, that you are here to just waste peoples' time or have a laugh ... you sure don't seem to be here to learn anything and it is obvious from reading your responses that you really have not had any kind of good nail education.

Ignoring the silly text ... this is the end result of using drills badly plus MMA and incorrect removal. Even if your clients want it ... do you want to be responsible for butchery like this?

picture.php

Last edited:

All of the professionals on here use products from companies who do indeed employ those with PhDs in Chemistry, so we can be assured that we are in safe hands. Added to which we are provided with Material Safety Data Sheets, so yes, we do know exactly what's in the other acrylic/enhancement products.

What a joker

Yes I use youngnails acrylic liquid but it doesn't matter what I do they still lift on these lady's, one of them have been to the discount salon people and they didn't lift, so that's why I need to get some mma else I will loose my clients, they are more bothered about the nails lasting than any damage. Which is shocking but that's what they say:|

If theyve been to NSSs and theyve used the drills to drill of a few casual layers ov natural nail off that will b the problem. MMA is wats used to make false teeth hence how strong they are and how impossible they are to remove. I wouldnt touch that suff, if you have any belief in your work id stick with what u do already and explain to the client the damage this particular salon wouldve done to her nails xx

Last edited by a moderator:

Dont want to sound rude but your starting to sound like a Troll:irked:

I don't do acrylic and I've only been in the business since March but even I get it!

These guys are trying to help you. So what if you lose this client I would have thought your reputation and your standards should be much more important.

Don't go down to this level, I'm sure your better than that.

Actually, MMA monomer is not banned in the USA; it is used extensively in many industries it is not however an approved product for use in the nail industry.

Thats what i meant geeg lol i dont explain things very well lol
X

Look, all I wanted to know was where I could get some mma from, I didn't ask for anyone's opinion on the matter, especially harsh replies.
I just think its unfair how it take these people 45 mins to do a set of nails that lasts for ages where as when I do them it takes 1hr30mins- 2hrs and lifts on some lady's after a week.
Actually I did 3 years at college in beauty and nails. And owned a salon, I then gave up to have kids now am back doing just nails am happy with young nails acrylic but on some lady's it just lifts and there is nothing worse than someone spreading the word that they lift and it takes a lot longer then the salons that use mma:grr:

The people on here who have responded to you are legends in the nail industry especially Gigi listen to her

If they are lifting, have you considered that you may not be prepping correctly??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I do everything by the book so prep isn't an issue

I just think its unfair how it take these people 45 mins to do a set of nails that lasts for ages where as when I do them it takes 1hr30mins- 2hrs and lifts on some lady's after a week.

I think it's unfair that my husband can munch his way through an entire bar of chocolate and put not one ounce on and I merely have to cast a glance at it and I'm up a dress size.

Life ain't fair.

And I know you weren't asking for opinions but the bottom line is you're unlikely to get anyone publicly telling you where you can get MMA from.
It's a bit like going on a medical forum and asking where the nearest crack cocaine dealer is. Ain't gonna happen.

Look, all I wanted to know was where I could get some mma from, I didn't ask for anyone's opinion on the matter, especially harsh replies.
Actually I did 3 years at college in beauty and nails. And owned a salon, I then gave up to have kids now am back doing just nails am happy with young nails acrylic but on some lady's it just lifts and there is nothing worse than someone spreading the word that they lift and it takes a lot longer then the salons that use mma:grr:

Here's the deal: you are having problems with lifting. Here's a fact: my clients wear their nails for 3-4 weeks without lifting. Why? I use CND products, which are high quality and do not have MMA, as they are prescribed EXACTLY. I do not use primer. The length of time you have been doing nails has no bearing whatsoever on how your nails services last. Each system is a little different and has a different set of application protocol to follow for best results. Im not sure you want o hear this, but if your product is lifting, it is most likely your application thats causing, and has nothing to do with the product itself. Before you throw in the towel and use a low quality product that has absolutely no staying power, maybe find an educator for Young Nails and try to schedule a troubleshooting session. :)
As for the quickie sets? Those are not clients you want, they don't care that they get what they pay for. ;)

I think we are all flogging a dead horse here.

Some don't want honesty and when they get replies they don't want to hear they call them harsh. I'm done. good luck in your business ... If you want MMA find an NSS supplier. Not difficult. @Lynne ... whoops!

Last edited by a moderator:
People can do nails for decades & still have areas of technical weakness. They can also lack basic knowledge which is pretty clearly the case from your posts.

Your peers have been respectful. They have tried at length to educate you & guide you in the right direction.

You are unwilling to absorb any knowledge & remain as uninformed as you were when you began.

You talk of things being "unfair" & other language I personally don't associate with business people. This is a site for professionals. It is a free tool which will enhance your business if you utilise it. You seem too arrogant to do so.

Not every client should be kept at all costs. I personally would not compromise my integrity for such a low reward.

This thread has some very dubious & offensive content. It doesn't reflect well on anyone.

Shock horror! I have a bit of sympathy for the original poster! :eek:

No one in this industry can get away from the fact that salons using MMA and efiles on natural nails are busy with 100's of happy clients. Clients who don't really care about the health of their nails, they just want a specific style of nail that stays on forever! Their are plenty of people (many people who,I work with) who have their hair bleached to within an inch of its life so they can have bright crazy colour. Their hair breaks off! They have heavy duty extensions causing more damage when it does! They DON'T CARE! They just want the result whatever it takes.

There will ALWAYS be clients that want a specific result whatever it takes.

I have never and will never endorse the use of MMA and efiles on natural nails. But I do accept the world of nails (and hair) isn't perfect. The quality and standard of training is far from perfect but so many on this forum are happy to do nails for paying clients knowing they have had substandard training!

Some people on this thread have done their best to explain the downside of MMA and efiles (on natural nails). Others have treated the OP like a pariah! We all make our own choices as professionals and clients.

Just remember, MMA is not a health issue; it is not banned; it is inappropriate for use with nail enhancements due to the health of the natural nail! Many hairdressers put bleach in the same category!

My advice to the OP is not to resort to MMA. But that advice won't stop 1000's of clients wanting it!

Just a little more info you. Their nails are so strong when using mama monomer because mama is also used to bind concrete together. It is a chemical which although may not be banned here or in the US is not an approved chemical for use in nail enhancements. Therefore many states in the US have or are stopping it from being used in the nail industry.

If you could see a picture of what it actually does to a natural nail, you would refuse to use it, even if it means losing a client.

I will try to find the pic and post it here.

Why on earth would you ask nail professionals on a professional forum where you can buy mma!? We don't know of corse...we all use high quality products!! Do a google search!?

Here is the pic.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1373393867.013787.jpg
Would you want this to happen to one of your clients?
Would you want to be sued for this, knowing the information you have been given.
If you still want to go ahead, more fool you.
You have spent good money on training, been given plenty of information during your training, gained further information during your career and yet you still seem to think it is ok to go ahead with something which is just plain wrong.
Just remember that when these clients with badly damaged nails return to you to complain and possibly sue you, it will be in front of other clients in the salon.
You may not be able to claim from your insurance as you are (more than likely like the rest of us) only insured for products you are TRAINED to use. You will not have received a certificate for applying enhancements using an mma monomer.

Please please just go back to the drawing board and alter your technique and also explain to the clients in question that they have to treat their enhancements with more care. They are not tools etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back