Warning! Bank fraud!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Retired

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just thought I would let you know about the perils of on-line banking. Three times this week on-line bank fraud has happened in my family.

First, someone got hold of my son's details and tried to take £3.1/2K out of his account. Rushed to the bank.

Second, this morning my husband had a call to ask him where he wanted his new television delivered - to the tune of £500. Uh, we didn't order one! Rushed to the bank number 2.

My friend, who is a reflexologist, had her on-line bank details hacked. She had 3 other accounts as well as her current account. They cleaned out the 3 accounts, put them all in her current account and took, yes, £3.1/2K out.

All 3 are currently banking with Lloyds TSB. They say you should change your identification details every 2-3 days, but who does that?

Anyway, thought I would share as a warning and from now on keep your money under your mattress! lol! :lol:

Love Babs xx

thansk for the warning xxxx:hug:

Did they not click on something that they thought was genuine?
I don't have any problems with my online banking *touches wood* but I have the extra security measures on my account.

Sorry to hear about your problems though

Do you mean my friend's accounts? The transfer in her account was made out to a gentleman and the fraud department said that he is one of their biggest customers. They were certainly going to contact him to see if he is fleecing other people's accounts. Think they might call this money laundering? Babsx

Do you mean my friend's accounts? The transfer in her account was made out to a gentleman and the fraud department said that he is one of their biggest customers. They were certainly going to contact him to see if he is fleecing other people's accounts. Think they might call this money laundering? Babsx

I think you should kick their butt! Thats so out of order that people could even do it

im off to change my password !!!!!

I had this happen last year my card details were cloned. Its only through online banking that i caught it in time. It took 2 weeks to get my money back wasn't much.But it was my money worked hard for it. Then last week got an email asking me to click a link to verify my identity. Guess what it was a download site for p***. So I was straight on the the company that i thought the email had come off and they reported back to me that same evening it was a spoof mail. So threats every where and not just for your banking.

Latest posts

Back