Wasn't sure how to take this.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pretty Geeky

Reaction score
....I was at one if the HMRC business courses this morning and one of the other women there got chatting to me. She asked what I was starting a business in and following my reply of "beauty therapy" she says "hmm, yeah, looking at you I thought it would be something like that.". I still can't work out what she meant by that and bloody wish I'd asked her! As it is it's bugged me all day. PGx

You'll probably never know unless you ask her. I have had people ask what my profession is and after telling them have said I "look" like a Beauty therapist because of the way I apply my make-up:)

People form an opinion of you within seconds believe me...and it is just that...thier opinion.

Do not let it bug you.Easier said than done i know.

I have been to many an interview in the past and did not succeed....did it worry me.Well i would be lying if i said no.However people have thier own agenda...it is called the human mind...and some have the misconcieved idea that a beauty therapist fits this mold of whatever it is meant to be.

Do what you want to...follow your heart...be yourself.make a difference.:hug:

It is just thier opinion remember.

I would assume its because you are dressed beautifully with lovely nails and eye brows and a face that reflects all that is beautiful and wonderful about our work!!!

Jacqui xx

I wouldnt let it bother you, and I have to say I agree its probably because you were dressed well and looked beautiful! x

Oh, I would take it as a massive compliment!

People often guess what I do just from looking at me, and I couldnt be prouder! : )

I did get entertainer/singer off the ferries once? lol, not sure what all that was about!

It obviously means youre very well put together : )

Kate xx

I would def take that as a compliment!

I have a pretty good day job that I'm really proud of achieving when I was just 19 but because I always have nice hair/nails/make up, tend to wear a pencil skirt and 5in heels to work and I'm the only woman in my office everyone always assumes I'm the receptionist and asks me to get them coffee!! Once when I was out with the boys from work some man started talking to me at the bar and asked them if I was their secretary; he nearly fell off his bar stool when my boss said 'No actually she's our senior counter fraud and forensic investigator' haha xx

Definitely a compliment. She guessed by looking at you and the expectation of a bt is one of perfect beauty. Hope if she worked in taxes you didn't return the compliment !

personally...i think its a bit rude.....lol
i think,and this is just me,i would of been quick of the mark and said "yeah cos i am so damn beautiful"....was more than likely a compliment but still a bit rude.

mind you..NOT as rude as people keep coming up to me nd asking me if i am pregnant...but i like the shock on their face when i say "oh no...i am just fat" lol

personally...i think its a bit rude.....lol
i think,and this is just me,i would of been quick of the mark and said "yeah cos i am so damn beautiful"....was more than likely a compliment but still a bit rude.

mind you..NOT as rude as people keep coming up to me nd asking me if i am pregnant...but i like the shock on their face when i say "oh no...i am just fat" lol

" NO, I am just fat"

hahahaha, would love to see there faces!
x

I'm sure the remark was a compliment .. why always assume the negative?

I see nothing rude in her reply to you. It depends on whether she had a smile or a sneer on her face really doesn't it?

definately a compliment. It was probably obvious that you do look after your appearance.

I wouldnt take it as a bad thing as it means you look like your professionally made up, rather than just slapped on etc. I mean if she said "your in beauty and you look like that!" youd find that an insult. Also its a good thing to promote your talents on yourself, and that obviously shows...

Yes I think it was probably a compliment unless her tone sounded as though she was being rude. x

"oh no...i am just fat" lol

:lol::lol:

I was at the beauty show 2weeks before I was due.
I was sat on a massage chair/cushion when the man running the stand came over and asked if I was pregnant (I was 9 months gone and all belly!) so I replied saying "no, i'm just fat", to which he apologised and turned away awkwardly (oops!) so I admitted to him I was really and very close to my due date... his face was a picture- the panic! He couldnt get me off the chair quick enough incase it brought on labour- he clearly didnt understand why i sat there in the first place :rolleyes:

I'm sure the remark was a compliment .. why always assume the negative?

I see nothing rude in her reply to you. It depends on whether she had a smile or a sneer on her face really doesn't it?

This is very true.it is so hard to give feedback on a post like this when you are not actually there...text can be taken so out of context...and i would of loved to see her face,to judge

" NO, I am just fat"

hahahaha, would love to see there faces!
x

Honestly it happens EVERY WEEK now...bloated belly is MASSIVE and i do look really pregnant BUT i am not....i keep telling everyone its my baby belly..but considering he has just turned one ...its more like me not getting no linch,being booked solid all day and cant be bothered to cook when i get home....too many pizzas and a coca cola addiction

....I was at one if the HMRC business courses this morning and one of the other women there got chatting to me. She asked what I was starting a business in and following my reply of "beauty therapy" she says "hmm, yeah, looking at you I thought it would be something like that.". I still can't work out what she meant by that and bloody wish I'd asked her! As it is it's bugged me all day. PGx

I would have taken that as a compliment, you look the part!!!!!
Beautifully turned out, immaculate, clean, tidy, well presented !!!!

Not every body we talk to or who talks to us, does it with a hidden agenda, or to be catty or just plain nasty.

If she said it with a snear on her face then does her opinion or observation really matter? I only value opinions from friends and people I can trust lol, so this would have been like water off a ducks back.

If she said it with a friendly face, then take it as it was ment, a compliment!!!

More important, how was the course???? Did you get useful advise and would you recommend it to other new business geeks????

xxxx

I can see why you may take that comment the wrong way- I probably would if some1 had said that to me, but to be honest... I agree that I think it's Probs that you looked lovely... Make up, hair, nails- nice. I think in this sort of industry, we all(most) of u take pride and care in how we look. I know people do aswell but I think in this industry we do little things thy make a difference.
And maybe that's why they said it. x

Latest posts

Back