Watermarking Images for websites - please help me test this...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounded simple enough... but I can't do it! :irked:

Give me 5 minutes or so... am going to bug fix it NOW :green:

Sounded simple enough... but I can't do it! :irked:

Should work with .JPG now - as long as any image you throw at it is less than 2MB in size...

IT WORKED!!!!

Yay Ruth... you're a genius!

IT WORKED!!!!

Yay Ruth... you're a genius!

No, I wouldn't go that far :hug:

I only made the changes to the code (in bold) below :green:

// Check to see if file extension is .jpg
else if (!imageFileName.toLowerCase().endsWith(".jpg"))
{
addFieldError("image", "Sorry, cannot upload this image as its file extension is not .jpg or .JPG");
}

No, I wouldn't go that far :hug:

I only made the changes to the code (in bold) below :green:

// Check to see if file extension is .jpg
else if (!imageFileName.toLowerCase().endsWith(".jpg"))
{
addFieldError("image", "Sorry, cannot upload this image as its file extension is not .jpg or .JPG");
}

Say what you like.... I say you're a genius! :hug:

Thanks chick. Nighty Night xx

woww Ruth that is amazing :D Would you mind if I used this program for some of my photography hun please?

Can I ask, is it possible to have watermarks that run diagonally through a pic at all? Most that you see tend to have them that way - like your style much better though as it doesn't detract from the image at all :D

woww Ruth that is amazing :D Would you mind if I used this program for some of my photography hun please?

Can I ask, is it possible to have watermarks that run diagonally through a pic at all? Most that you see tend to have them that way - like your style much better though as it doesn't detract from the image at all :D

I don't mind at all! As long as you don't try doing too many all at once...

As for if the watermarks can run diagonally - I'll have to look into that. Am sure it should be possible though. Depends on if the Linux graphics software that I'm using on the server supports it. And if I can figure out how to do it, more to the point, lol...

Would be a good enhancement though, I think :)

I've only just found this thread!!!!!

Ruth - you're a star!:hug:

What a useful bit of kit, so much easier than what I've used previously, will be having a play with this on my piccies.

Ruth

This is fab!

Thanks very much!:hug:

Thanks Ruth for this fab and easy facility!

I have watermarked all my images now so will be able to upload them to here again and to my website. I have had so many of my images pinched recently. At least they are now watermarked - yippee!:)

I just tried this and can't get it to work. It lets me put in all the info and then says it can't display the page when I submit it :(
Any help please? xxx

I just tried this and can't get it to work. It lets me put in all the info and then says it can't display the page when I submit it :(
Any help please? xxx

This would happen if an attempt was made to upload an image larger than 2 megabytes in size (e.g. an image straight off a digital camera that hasn't been resized first); I think there's an issue with error handling in the underlying Struts2 code in Java which is used for the front end for the watermark tool in that it gives you "the page cannot be displayed" instead of a more user friendly error message.

The solution would be to use a package such as IrfanView, IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide to resize the image to the required size first, and then watermark that (which would also be helpful in not using more network bandwidth than necessary by not watermarking images that are larger than they need to be).

Also, please bear in mind that this is "proof of concept" code that was originally written over 18 months ago; although the underlying web service lives on in my latest stuff which automatically resizes any uploaded images for display in a gallery on a website too (as well as providing a "drag and drop" interface for changing the order of images shown in the gallery)...

Thanks Ruth, I was using a pic which hadn't been resized :) will try to resize and have another go.
Thanks for sharing xxx

I also tried it now... Ruth, you are a star!
Yes, because of making it, but what is more - for sharing it :hug:
thank you xx

Latest posts

Back