Wax brand preference?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daisy

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have recently qualified in the waxing world and have yet to purchase my first batch of wax. As there are so many out there to choose from, hopefully this post will narrow down the brands and tell me what is best to work with?

Perron Rigot seems popular but given it's expense it may not be the best wax to start out with? I know brands are down to personal preference but I have yet to find 'the one'.

Hi everyone! I have recently qualified in the waxing world and have yet to purchase my first batch of wax. As there are so many out there to choose from, hopefully this post will narrow down the brands and tell me what is best to work with?

Perron Rigot seems popular but given it's expense it may not be the best wax to start out with? I know brands are down to personal preference but I have yet to find 'the one'.

There's a saying 'buy cheap, buy twice'.

Now, while this may not always apply to everything, all of the time, it is good principle to live by. I'd recommend that you get a few samples of different wax brands and try them out - it's the only way you'll find out what truly works for you, rather than someone else.

Also, the premium brands are definitely nicer and easier to work with. I see many posts (for different treatments) saying 'I can't do this', or 'I'm struggling, please help' so it's always better to make things as easy as possible on yourself - especially when you're just starting out.

Hi Daisy ,

Im sure you will get a good response in terms of the preferred wax brands..

There are a few high end wax brands: Perron Rigot being one of them.

All of them are good quality waxes , more expensive than lots of other waxes but often you get what you pay for in terms of quality.

For me I use PR and love the wax and the end results, just as other geeks love their preferred brand of wax.

Most of these companies offer new clients the opportunity to try before you buy; with some free samples so you can try out the product for yourself, so perhaps get some samples of various brands and see which ones you prefer.

Good luck

Jack

Sorry to hijack here but how much do you pay and what quantity do you receiver for PR wax?

At college we used one type/brand of wax so little thought was given to the fact that I would no longer be using what I was given and would have to source my own in such a huge market.

Thanks for the info Linzi - anything that makes it easier for me is definietly in my basket!

Thanks for the link Rhona - took note of that telephone number and what the girl was using before she wanted to introduce the premium brands.

Thanks Jack.. think I may have seen your name amongst the PR page? If so, would I contact PR via facebook for samples?

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.

At college we used one type/brand of wax so little thought was given to the fact that I would no longer be using what I was given and would have to source my own in such a huge market.

Thanks for the info Linzi - anything that makes it easier for me is definietly in my basket!

Thanks for the link Rhona - took note of that telephone number and what the girl was using before she wanted to introduce the premium brands.

Thanks Jack.. think I may have seen your name amongst the PR page? If so, would I contact PR via facebook for samples?

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.
Daisy,
Its best to give them a call and they will pop some samples in the post for you.
Thalgo 02075120872.

Jack

Daisy,
Its best to give them a call and they will pop some samples in the post for you.
Thalgo 02075120872.

Jack

Thanks Jack, will give them a call tommorow.

Bebeau wax is lovely to use, I like clean and easy too though not their t tree as I just didn't like the consistency of it on the skin. Cetuem is also another nice one to use.

I'm a big Berins fan personally - Zo-zo on here is the UK distributor for Berins and she's lovely! I hadn't used the Easy wax (strip wax) before but HAD trained with the Berins Blue (non-strip) and loved it so she let me have a play :) So far I couldn't imagine working with anything else! Infact I have unopened thingies of wax that I bought to practise with that I won't use as they won't be near as good!!! :)

I know PR has a great rep too - but never played with it myself so far - will be though when I go for my intimate male waxing training at the end of the month! WHOOP!

Bebeau wax is lovely to use, I like clean and easy too though not their t tree as I just didn't like the consistency of it on the skin. Cetuem is also another nice one to use.

Thank you BabSann - will add the names to my list!

I'm a big Berins fan personally - Zo-zo on here is the UK distributor for Berins and she's lovely! I hadn't used the Easy wax (strip wax) before but HAD trained with the Berins Blue (non-strip) and loved it so she let me have a play :) So far I couldn't imagine working with anything else! Infact I have unopened thingies of wax that I bought to practise with that I won't use as they won't be near as good!!! :)

I know PR has a great rep too - but never played with it myself so far - will be though when I go for my intimate male waxing training at the end of the month! WHOOP!

Thank you Tinxy. It's going to take time to find my match it seems, so many to try out and play around with. We didn't have much practice with the non-strip so it'll be strip wax for now. Intimate male waxing, sounds like a challenge lol have fun!!

Latest posts

Back