Wax-ologists....please advise me!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apex73

Reaction score
Hi there,
I have a little-ish question to ask. :)

I've got about 3 more weeks of my vtct wax course, & i truly love it,
cant believe i didnt start sooner really, lol.
The thing is, I really want to use a lovely high-end wax as opposed to cheap wax & talc, lol.

I think i'd most like to use Berins products, though I also like the looks/sound of Perron Rigot.

Please could you let me know if theres anyone in the south (I'm now in Bristol) who offers Berins training?

I have contacted two sources of information already, but they dont seem to want to give me the info i need.

I know about the lovely Kim for P.R. :)

Or do you think my vtct & the whole ball of wax dvd would be enough?
Or is that just fools-talk? lol

Any info would be hugely appreciated.
Thanks x

I can probably help you with Berins. I'm very familiar with both Berins and PR. With regard to your VTCT, did you learn to use modern non-strip wax? i.e. non strip wax that is applied in one direction rather than a figure of eight?

Feel free to pm me :hug:

Berins for me too.

I cant point you in any direction for training though as im not sure who offers it perhaps pm colin?

AMb x

I would say it depends what you want to do with it.There is no reason not to use either ,you are allowed to buy them,they are just waxes. Every time you change your wax you may need to turn the heater up or down a bit but its the same general application you just have to get to know it.I dont know what you are expecting but they will not replace good technique.Their film waxes as are all film waxes are very easy to pick up.
If you want to do intimate waxing then i would say yes you definately need training and you also need to be proficient in your normal waxing before progression.
Whether you need extra training depends on how confident you feel with what you have already had.

Last edited:
Berins for me too.

I cant point you in any direction for training though as im not sure who offers it perhaps pm colin?

AMb x

There is myself, joe90 and one other Berins trainer whos name escapes me just at the mo, hth :hug:

You really should get training for sure.

Is Bristol the south??? My Geography is terrible :hug:

Thanks for your replies, they're all very helpful :hug:

ZoZo: Sadly we dont seem to be using any hard waxes at college, we're using honey wax in a 1000cc hive heater & we can use the Phd system when we choose.
Which wax do you apply in a figure of 8? Is that used with a hard wax? *noob* :)
Minkus: Thanks, I'll do that.
GillianW: All i'm expecting from having a choice of waxes is to do the job really well, not as an alternative to improving my tecnique, I'm a noob, it all needs practice & fine-tuning atm (& speeding up) lol
& for intimate waxing when the times right. :)
Loubylou: Thanks for the info :)
Kim: lol so's mine
Bristol is in the South West, just a trip across some water from Wales. A couple of hours drive away from London (if theres absoloutley no traffic).
It would be fantastic if you happened to do some training over here in a few months....*cheeky me*

Thanks again xxx

The figure of eight wax is the hot,hard wax still used very successfully by many but you really need to be taught to use it as it is very different.I think some insurers require hot wax training before you can use it on the paying public too.
Film wax is similar but is put on more like strip wax but you dont need strips to take it off.Its easier to control and learn than hot,hard wax.
These waxes are quite a bit dearer than what you would pick up at the wholesalers so set your prices accordingly from the outset if this is what you intend to use.
There is no reason for you not to buy some Berins ease or perron rigot strip wax to use now its no different application to what you have used at college.If you feel your training has been good and adequate wait a while have a good practice with strip and then learn the hot/film wax later on.

Last edited:
Kim: lol so's mine
Bristol is in the South West, just a trip across some water from Wales. A couple of hours drive away from London (if theres absoloutley no traffic).
It would be fantastic if you happened to do some training over here in a few months....*cheeky me*

Well you luck's in, as I'm training in Cardiff, Wales. PM me for details. xxx

Ooh, consider it done :)

Cardiff is pretty close to here :hug:

Latest posts

Back