Waxers - Which type of wax do you use for your treatments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my word, all this talk of bikini waxing last night gave me the funniest dream. I wanted mine doing, but didnt wanna do it myself, so for some reasn asked mom to do it. so she set everything up OUT ON THE STREET!!!! lmao. and proceeded to wax me outside the front of our house. then i thought this aint right, and stormed off inside in a mood with her lol.

thats possibly the most obscure dream ive had in a long time!!! lol.

xxx

Hi Nemo,

I'm am really going to ask a dumb question, but I've never been able to get my head around the stencil thing.

I assume you place the stencil in position and then trim around it to get the effect, but how do you go about waxing the trimmed area then ? Isn't that really fiddly ?

River

Can anyone shed some light on the above ?????

Sorry River didnt see this
I havent used the stencils ~ I did do a heart shape once but sort of made it up as I went along and it came out fine. I would assume you place on the stencil, trim round then wax as close as you can get to the shape then use the trimmer on the lowest setting to define any trick bits? You would need to trim the hair within the shape as well because if it was too long you wouldnt see the shape.
HTH
KxXx

Katelisa said:
pink creme wax from ellisons. bloomin fantastic, best ive ever used. does melt at a much lower temperature. all my clients at tghe new salon comment on it (saying the last girls wax was much hotter etc)

KAte, would you say this is suitable for a beginner, or to try another one of their waxes first?

Sassy Hassy said:
KAte, would you say this is suitable for a beginner, or to try another one of their waxes first?

Yeah, id say it was a brilliant one to start with because its so easy to use, IMO anyway. :D
xx

nemotail said:
Okaaay wont ask LOL!
clicky here this is the one I have - comes with stencils!

KxXx

Was just looking through old threads and found this - the above Bikini strimmer on the link above is on special offer so thought I would bump up for any waxing geeks who might want one.

KxXx

nemotail said:
Was just looking through old threads and found this - the above Bikini strimmer on the link above is on special offer so thought I would bump up for any waxing geeks who might want one.

KxXx

Oh thanks Karol. Probably get one for my personal use!:lol:
Hope you are ok, long time!

Ha anyone tried the new satin smooth range of wax frm Babyliss?

I have seen the 'Satin Smooth' Range but have not tried it - to be honest, the fact that it says 'Babyliss' puts me off a little bit! lol - not sure why, I suppose its because it is a consumer brand, and you can get thier other products in Argos. :)

I have only been trained in 'Warm Waxing' so far, but I do use it for all areas with no probs, and was told by my tutor that it is perfectly fine. I use tea tree wax for sensitive areas such as the face, with the pot and spatula for small areas like underarms and bikini line, but I also use the hive roller system with honey wax for legs and arms, I personally find the honey wax alot less painful! If a client has sensitive skin I will use the tea tree on the legs also.

I also find the honey wax works better! x

Hi,

Will bring you one of my stencils on sunday chick. They are thongs with a foma stencil attached. You can have a choice of heart or diamond luvvy or do you want one of both?

River said:
Hi Nemo,

I'm am really going to ask a dumb question, but I've never been able to get my head around the stencil thing.

I assume you place the stencil in position and then trim around it to get the effect, but how do you go about waxing the trimmed area then ? Isn't that really fiddly ?

River

Hey, I went all Italian there for a mo - I meant a FOAM stencil. LMFAO.

joe90 said:
Hi,

Will bring you one of my stencils on sunday chick. They are thongs with a foma stencil attached. You can have a choice of heart or diamond luvvy or do you want one of both?

joe90 said:
Hi,

Thanks Joe, but I think we'll be needing more Tenaladys instead of stencils :lol:

On a serious note, I've tried the stencils since the last time I posted that, and to be honest, it didn't really have the desired effect ! It wasn't the foam ones though, but hard plastic.....

Bring one of yours and I can have a play with it :hug:

Thanks

River

TENALADY OR STENCIL. Will bring some of each just in case (PMSL - again).

River said:
Thanks Joe, but I think we'll be needing more Tenaladys instead of stencils :lol:

On a serious note, I've tried the stencils since the last time I posted that, and to be honest, it didn't really have the desired effect ! It wasn't the foam ones though, but hard plastic.....

Bring one of yours and I can have a play with it :hug:

Thanks

River

joe90 said:
TENALADY OR STENCIL. Will bring some of each just in case (PMSL - again).

Mmmm, more Tenalady than stencil please !! :lol: Ooops, I did it as well ....

I normally use Hara's Honey Wax. I've tried loads of other waxes and find that honey wax is the best.

I use Salon System wax, the starter kit is really good value and my client's love the cherry gel wax which smells yummy! They've recently bought out a sensitive product range aswell which is great.

Latest posts

Back