Waxing question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joannesnails

Reaction score
Hi i have a question to ask in which really baffles me! When clients come to you to be waxed has anyone ever passed out with pain in your experiance? as id love to do waxing but soo worried incase the client faints x

I am a Sugar therapist which could be compared to waxing in the method, i have never encountered a client passing out through the pain and neither has a good friend of mine who has been practising for 15years or more.

Hi Hun,
You have made me laugh...........Pain ??? What pain?????? On the serious side, no never happened to me, nor have I been near to passing out, even when I have been a model for waxing students. It is not pain......just mild discomfort........well that is my opinion. I wax my own legs, have done for years, but get my Hollywood done at another salon.....even that is not painful. So I don't think you will ever gat a fainter........maybe others have had them. I will watch this thread to see. Good luck. Lotsa luv x

Hi Hun,
You have made me laugh...........Pain ??? What pain?????? On the serious side, no never happened to me, nor have I been near to passing out, even when I have been a model for waxing students. It is not pain......just mild discomfort........well that is my opinion. I wax my own legs, have done for years, but get my Hollywood done at another salon.....even that is not painful. So I don't think you will ever gat a fainter........maybe others have had them. I will watch this thread to see. Good luck. Lotsa luv x

:lol:Hehe I know I sound silly and a little dumb but its always concernd me a great deal and stopped me from taking a waxing course lolxx

I would be very suprised if you find a fainter. Even if you do though don't let stop taking a course as I would think its highly unlikely!

Bikini waxing brings tears to my eyes when I have it done but I have not passed out yet and neither has any of my clients.

Trish :hug:

LOL..............Not yet. Waxing isn't that bad actually and if you use a decent wax and have a good technique, they'll be fine. Don't worry !!!! xxx

:lol: HA HA HA .....well in my 16 years of waxing ive never had anyone pass out i dont think you need to worry about that one luv!! if youve had wax yourself youll know its abit painfull but not THAT painfull!! make sure your room is well ventilated if client is abit mard have a glass of water to hand and just do smaller patches they can also take a paracetamol half an hour befor that might numb the pain slightly x x :smack:

I haven't had anybody faint, but I have one client (sorry had one client, I have now flirted her) who is a right WIMP who always asks if we can stop half way through a leg wax for a cup of tea and she finds it sooo painful.

Me thinks not - I am there to earn a living not be a flamin' tea girl!

I haven't had anybody faint, but I have one client (sorry had one client, I have now flirted her) who is a right WIMP who always asks if we can stop half way through a leg wax for a cup of tea and she finds it sooo painful.

Me thinks not - I am there to earn a living not be a flamin' tea girl!
:lol: Tea girl ! I had one woman ask so many questions before I started about what level of pain she should expect, I nearly offered her an epidural.

Flirted her? Is that a Northern term? What does it mean? xxx

:lol: oh that made me giggle, no theres no where near that level of pain, sometimes it can smart a bit but thats it, good luck hun, i would thoroughly recommend waxing takes a while to build confidence, i wasn't keen when i first started but love it now, and its a good earner xx:green:

Flirted her? Is that a Northern term? What does it mean? xxx[/quote]

PMSL Kim, sorry "Flirted" is another way of saying got rid of and yes it is a northern term, well a Manchester one anyway.

Flirted her? Is that a Northern term? What does it mean? xxx

PMSL Kim, sorry "Flirted" is another way of saying got rid of and yes it is a northern term, well a Manchester one anyway.[/quote]Well you live and learn. xxx

Latest posts

Back