Waxing strips - Paper or Fabric??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waxing strips - Fabric or Paper

• Paper

Votes: 58 54.7%
  • Fabric

Votes: 38 35.8%
  • Don't really mind

Votes: 10 9.4%

• Total voters
Yes Emma and Snuggs,I def prefer the fabric,they are more flexible and comfortable to use,imo, and it also annoys me all the little bits that come off the wax strips.

When I was at college I prefered the paper ones for some odd reason.:green:

We have oak wooden floors in the treatment rooms and they get covered with bits,have to sweep the rooms out as the day wears on,and when doing a face wax,eyebrow,lip or chin you get bits everywhere.

I shake my wax strip out before applying to the area but always find a rogue bit somewhere,be it in clients hair or stuck on eyelash:irked:

Dont you just hate that!

Has to be fabric for me every time, I have tried paper and do have paper in the salon but if both was laid out in front of me i would choose fabric every time.
Fabric moulds better to the area been treated imo.

Just going back to what emmsy said ...

well in college last week , my friend used paper ones on me , i asked her to try the cloth ones as it was hurting more than usual (i usually use cloth on myslef)
and i did notice the reduction in pain !

My sister also said the same, she says it doesnt bother her either way what i use but says that she didnt get that 1 second sting/nip feeling (as she calls it) after i used the paper!

Maybe its all in our/their minds that there is a difference in pain/feeling when using a different strip to previously used, i dont know but i do know i love my fabric strips (bits and all) lol :green:

Paper for me, I find it doesn't get as "soggy" as fabric (although I must admit I haven't used fabric in a loooong time, so it could be that I've just got better at applying my wax thinner over the years!). It has to be relatively thin and flexible paper though - some strips out there are so thick and unbendable it's like waxing with a sheet of cardboard! :D

Andy x

Paper for me, I find it doesn't get as "soggy" as fabric (although I must admit I haven't used fabric in a loooong time, so it could be that I've just got better at applying my wax thinner over the years!). It has to be relatively thin and flexible paper though - some strips out there are so thick and unbendable it's like waxing with a sheet of cardboard! :D

Andy x
Andy this is so true - that's why I prefer - the fabric ones :green:

I also found, that if I used too much wax the fabric got soggy - now though (Ithink/hope) I am better at it and I don't find it as much as a problem :green:

Geeky ones I'm glad you agree about the fabric bits - they infuriate me :lol:

Now I know I am FAR from being an experienced waxer, but so far I have to say that I prefer paper strips. I have more control over where they go :rolleyes: and I don't get into a mess with all the little bits the fabric ones leave behind.
I was waxing my own bikini at home with the fabric strips the other day (just trying to use them up) and I needed to be a contortionist to get all the little bits off from my nether regions!! :lol::lol:

I've used both, and I hate the paper strips. All I use is 100% unbleached cotton.

I always use paper because thats what I found easier while training, but I might have a go at the fabric ones again now Ive been at it a couple of years!:idea:

I voted fabric. I don't like the feel of the paper when I am rubbing/pressing down..... bit like nails scratching a chalk board for me!
Saying that though, I do like paper for eyebrows and lip.

I hate those little 'bits' too! They make such a mess!:irked:
When you open a new packet take them outside and holding them all together at one end and give a good shake then other end and give a good shake.
No more bits.

I like paper strips - firmer and not floppy, lol!

I prefer paper as clients find it less painful. I prefer them myself as well as I find that with fabric strips they fling about everywhere, whereas the paper strip stays more solid and not as floppy.

Fabric also leaves little bits of fluff everywhere!

definately fabric- the paper ones rip and leave half the strip on the leg. they're so hard and non flexible.
i dont know how anyone can use the papers- no offence
the best ones are from sallys cos they're really soft strips and dont hurt

HTH

HAPPY EASTER

I never buy the pre-packaged fabric strips anymore... too expensive. I go to the local fabric store and buy a bolt of 100% un-bleached cotton (the thicker kind. I like to custom cut my strips to the sizes I like... the pre-cut ones are to narrow for leg waxes. It only costs $5.00 (can) for a metre of fabric.

Latest posts

Back