Waxing times & price ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuteycalls

Reaction score
hi
i had an asian lady today who had a full arm underarm,full leg and bikini ( but was more like a brazilian, which i had never done before) and upperlip, she had not waxed or anything in over 2ths so you can imagine what i was up against plus stoppong and startin as she had a 2 mth old bady to deal with my question is it took me 3hrs which i felt was to long was it an i charged her £40.00 which shsaid was very expensive how much would yo have charged.:sad:

That must of felt like forever the price is not a problem it's the timing im not having a dig but you should really of told her NO Children in the salon i know it may seem unfair but you are a pro and you have a time limit to deal with as you have other customers. Before you started waxing did you trim the hair down to a waxing length? if you dident that was what was taking your time up.

She would have known the price when she booked so she can't complain about the price afterwards.

hi
i had an asian lady today who had a full arm underarm,full leg and bikini ( but was more like a brazilian, which i had never done before) and upperlip, she had not waxed or anything in over 2ths so you can imagine what i was up against plus stoppong and startin as she had a 2 mth old bady to deal with my question is it took me 3hrs which i felt was to long was it an i charged her £40.00 which shsaid was very expensive how much would yo have charged.:sad:

I would've charged £18.50 for the leg,£15 for the Brazillian,£6.50 for underarm,£5.50 for the lip and a full arm is £15 and I am fairly cheap Ive been told. So no your prices were far from expensive.

I would have charged £55 for all that and wax 24/7 so the price isn't expensive. It would have taken me 90 minutes normally but if the client kept stopping that wasn't your fault.

If it took 3 hours at £40 that was only about £14 per hour minus all your wax/strips etc so i would definately be firm about letting clients bring their children and up your prices!!

Me too, I'd have charged £55 and she'd have only got a 'tidy' for that not a brazilian.

Cheek of some people; she should have been apologising to you for the delays and the disturbance!!!

Um think she is just having a laugh. Good luck (I mean good riddance) if she can find it any cheaper than that!

No it's not expensive. I would charge £67.50 for that little lot :D

thanks for your replies but forgot to add i was mobile not salon altho i do have a room now the woman has just text (10pm) to say shes found some odd hairs could i go and tidy (finish) of the waxing

forgot to add i did her back of hands and fingers

the woman has just text (10pm) to say shes found some odd hairs could i go and tidy (finish) of the waxing

Now she really is having a laugh!!!!!!!! Finish her off more like!

She took the mic. How could £40 be too expensive for all you did.
Well she would have had a heart attack if she was down south where I am. I would have charged her £79 and thats just a high bikini...A real brazilian would have been £99 in total!

Tell her no you cant finish her off,that given you had the distraction of her baby there,and her jumping off the couch every five mins to see to her baby, it's hardly surprising that she may have had the odd hair left behind.What a cheek.:twisted:

Clients like that are always give an inch and take a mile start as you mean to go on or she will give you nothing but trouble always.Set clear boundaries or just dont do her anymore and that means definately no children or she will keep bringing the baby and they do not get any easier.
You also need to give her a pricelist so she knows exactly what everything costs then she cant quibble at the end of it.

Don't go back to tidy up. You would be better off losing her as a client. Can you break down what you charged for each body part? I'm just interested. I would have charged....

Full leg £25
Brazilian £25
Arm £15
Underarm £10
Hands £5

Ok, I'm in a slightly expensive part of the country but it sounds like it was hard work.

Now... I can earn about £40+ ph waxing but I spend an hour on a mani and only charge £20.... Think about what earns you the best money coupled with what you enjoy. I personally don't enjoy full body waxing (would rather do brazilians all day) and I don't especially like spending over 2 hours with one client (boring for both of us)... so yes, think about what you want to do and try to get clients that fit the bill.

First of all......you shouldn't allow anyone else in the room, especially children. Check with your insurance but I doubt you'd be covered if there was an accident. Be confident and tell her that you can only wax her when she's on her own.

Some clients take longer than others, but then some clients take a fraction of the time, so some you win and some you lose. However, there really shouldn't be that much difference.

Remove all the hair on one body part and only tidy up strays at the end. If you do it as you go.....it WILL slow you down.

Be methodical and get in the zone when you're waxing. No inspecting the strip for hairs lol. You've gotta walk and chew gum at the same time. Talk and wax at the same time. xx

I agree with most here, you need to make it worth your time and effort for yourself. I charge the same as zo zo so don't think you are to cheap.
We all come across clients that like to push it, don't let it get to you, you know you've done a good job (or as good as you could given the circumstances!lol)

thank you all so much for your replies i now feel quite confident in the fact i did do a good job in the time and situation once again thank you all

What a cheeky mare. Imo you don't need clients like that. Its ridiculous. I always give clients a mirror and ask them to check if I've missed any hairs before I leave. (I leave the room while they do it, I go and wash my hands or something!) So they don't have any excuses to call me at 10pm!! lol

Latest posts

Back