Waxing worries?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChloeH

Reaction score
Hi everyone i was wondering if anybody could help me, im learning how to do lip waxing and wondering if any one could give me some tips because im worried if i dont support the skin in the right was i will pull it off!
thanks x x

Are you learning this at college? Your tutor should be explaining this to you? x x x

hi yes i am at college, im just a bit nervous and feel like im not supporting the skin properly! sorry i know its a silly question x

Get the client to help by putting her tounge up under her top lip and you stretch the skin also, hth

Practice doing little lip sections on the top of your leg to get a good feel for the wax and get your thickness right.
Stretch the skin as you put it on (i personally dont like them to stick their tongues anywhere but try both ways).i do either side first stretching the skin when i pull off and then if they need the middle i get them to tighten their upper lip right over their top teeth i then say 'tight as you can' before i pull up.
If you keep your wax thin and not too hot and use a wee bit of pre wax oil you should not skin or bruise them.Directly after you have taken off firmly put your gloved finger over area to take sting away.

I totally agree with Gillian, I would also use pre depilatory oil (jasmine oil) especially if your client has got dry skin or lips and if you then stretch the skin tight there should be no problem as the oil will help the wax only to stick to the hair and not the skin - just make sure you only use a tiny amount otherwise the wax will "slide off".

Im a lip over top teeth as well, i find that this gives a much tighter stretch....

I call it the Dedrie Barlow stretch, lol puts clients straight at ease they just laugh, takes ages for the stretch though HTH's

Some of my client's use the tongue stretch, but i prefer the client to make an "O" shape with their mouth's, i find this way you get as much stretch as possible.

xx

I would add only do what needs doing on faces /lips, if the problem is outer corners only then just do that ,dont start waxing all the fine down as well.
Also dont go travelling too far down the sides of the lip.You do not want to be interferring with natural fine unnoticeable facial hair.

Hi everyone i was wondering if anybody could help me, im learning how to do lip waxing and wondering if any one could give me some tips because im worried if i dont support the skin in the right was i will pull it off!
thanks x x

Ok depends on what wax you are using it is ok saying use jasmine oil but thats if your using the wax that uses it. if you are learning you will be using the colleges waxing range and if they haven't taught you to use oil -which colleges wouldn't do - you will get stuck on your assessment.

It also depends if the client has been in the sun or on sunbeds as it don't matter what you put on even if they have got dry skin it will rip the skin. Correct way to wax lip is down one side then the other then middle bit this will enable you to stretch corectly and in the right place.

The reason that you would have to use jasmine oil under some high end waxes is because it is made from cheap gum resin which warrents having to use the oil. however if you want redless, smooth skin would use caron in either the strip or the hot.

Here is how I wax an upper lip. I only use non strip wax as it's much gentler. My personal choice and the choice of my clients.

Who told you that about high end waxes Tracey? That's a new one on me.

The reason that oil is used is because it makes the waxing less painful and is kinder to the skin. THIS I KNOW FOR SURE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.

I don't get my client to pull silly faces. I get them to relax their mouth. i cleanse, then oil lightly over the upper lip and onto the lip. I then take a small scoop of non strip wax (Perron Rigot, Euroblonde), I gently pull their cheek so that the skin in stretched. I then apply the wax right over the middle and out beyond the corner.

I then wax the other side in the same way. So, the middle isn't waxed on it's own. Much less painful I promise you.

The wax that I use doesn't stick to skin, it only sticks to hair, so it doesn't matter if you go over the lip. xxx

Here is how I wax an upper lip. I only use non strip wax as it's much gentler. My personal choice and the choice of my clients.

Who told you that about high end waxes Tracey? That's a new one on me.

The reason that oil is used is because it makes the waxing less painful and is kinder to the skin. THIS I KNOW FOR SURE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.

I don't get my client to pull silly faces. I get them to relax their mouth. i cleanse, then oil lightly over the upper lip and onto the lip. I then take a small scoop of non strip wax (Perron Rigot, Euroblonde), I gently pull their cheek so that the skin in stretched. I then apply the wax right over the middle and out beyond the corner.

I then wax the other side in the same way. So, the middle isn't waxed on it's own. Much less painful I promise you.

The wax that I use doesn't stick to skin, it only sticks to hair, so it doesn't matter if you go over the lip. xxx

Totally agree Kim, the oil is a perfect means to not only prepare the skin but also create a protective barrier between skin and hair and aid in the easy release of the hair thus making it much more comfortable for the client.

I doubt that high end waxes like Perron Rigot or Berins can be called inferior and therefore need oil as we have lots of clients that use a whole range of different waxes and have tried using the wax with the oil and not only have they found it much easier and more efficient but also the client has noticed a huge difference.

Latest posts

Back