Wedding Themes !!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

High Hopes

Reaction score
Hi geeks!
I am starting to think about my wedding, i want to do it next year and i think september is a good month for weather (normally !!) and also my daughter will be walking by then.

We are having a humanist wedding as neither of us are religious although we are Christian people :) I want to make the day fun and quite informal although still serious about the commitment. I was wondering if anyone had had a theme at their wedding? Or if anyone has been to a good wedding with a difference?
I definately dont want anything tacky but want it to be memorable :)

Thanks ! x

My sister is also getting married next year in September! She is having a tropical theme i.e orange,fuschia, yellow colours. Bridesmaids will be in these kind of colours and bride will be in white with a tropical flower in her hair.
Also cake will be a kind of tropical theme.

hths x

My sister is also getting married next year in September! She is having a tropical theme i.e orange,fuschia, yellow colours. Bridesmaids will be in these kind of colours and bride will be in white with a tropical flower in her hair.
Also cake will be a kind of tropical theme.

hths x

sounds nice and colourful! is she doing it in england?? or abroad? x

That sounds like a nice idea! We are getting married next year too, we are hopefully going to get married in May (the 23rd!) we have to see the priest on thursday (finally after 4 weeks of waiting!lol) to arrange. I am SO excited, cant wait til thurs! We were going to go for a christmas wedding, but we've thought May will be better, hopefully the weather will be nice and plus, on that date we will have been together for 7 years :green: And also, my daughter will DEFINATELY be walking by then! shes just turned 1, and WILL not walk! lol Although I must say, she is getting there I think, shes been cruising for about 4 months! :lol: Shes just started doing the crab walk thing, so funny! Anyway, sorry, got a bit off the point then! When we decided we wanted to get married (4 weeks ago) we had the idea of getting married this september (we are very last minute people!) Had the idea of the wedding being autumn themed (as it would be in september) and came up with some beautiful ideas. All autumn colours, and all those rustling leaves. You could make the wedding very cosy :green: I will be keeping an eye on this thread to see if I can pinch any ideas! If you google wedding themes, you can get loads of ideas. I spent hours trawling through sites! Make sure you have a pen and paper handy to jot down any ideas.
Oooh, Ive rambled abit! sorry! :smack: xx

We had both a church wedding and a Pagan handfasting ceremony (in our back garden). We had the reception at a tennis club just over the road from where we live. The colour scheme for the reception and whatnot was based around red and cream, and all the tables at the reception were named after mythological goddesses (following the Pagan theme). Pics at Sonia and Ruth's Wedding and Handfasting if you are interested :)
Posted via Mobile Device

We got married in Cyprus because my Hubby is Jewish and I am Christian. Obviously we couldn't get married in either a synagogue or a Church. So we had a civil service in a Hotel with a beautiful view. Take a look at this site.

medweds.com there are actually some of our wedding photos on their site if you look up grecian park hotelfrom 2006 I think it is in Protaras. (can't remember) the night party we had a bbq with greek dancing and a british style disco. We enjoyed the day so much plus we had our honeymoon at the same time.

PM me if you want anymore info

xxx

Our church wedding was in a Unitarian church too; this might be of interest as you are humanist but from a Christian background, as Unitarianism originally grew from Christianity (from a rejection of the Trinity) but has since become much broader to embrace elements such as humanism, world religions, earth based religion/Neo-Paganism, etc. So if you wanted a humanist wedding but with a spiritual element, then that may be a possibility.
Posted via Mobile Device

My daughter is a makeup artist and I go to the wedding fayres with her. This year we saw a florist with arrangements just as you describe and they were absolutely fantastic. So different from the norm with hot colours such as bright pinks, oranges, exotic blooms. Fab! Sounds wonderful! Ooh, I think I'll get married again! Not! :lol::lol:

I got married (for the second time lol) at Gretna a few years ago. Might be a long way away for you but it was really nice and a bit different. You can get cheap flights to Scotland, and because most people live a long way away the venues are fantastic at giving you a wedding planner and sorting everything out for you.

Our wedding is next June, and we have heard some fantastic tales from the venues we visited. One had a welly wanging competiton, one set up wii's in one room and had a wii tournament. Instead of a full sit down reception, one had afternoon tea, losts of clotted cream and strawberries. Another I heard was asking the guests to all dress within a theme, they asked everyone to wear black and white, so the pictures looked amazing.

We felt very conservative after hearing all that!

You could also take a lok at any favourite films or novels. One friend of mine wants a Pride & Prejudice wedding!

ahhh a pride and prejudice wedding would look gorgeous! I am thinking about doing a greek theme as we holiday there every year and i have been every year since i was tiny. I love it there.

Unitarian church sounds like a good comprimise ! ah so much to think about!
Black and white theme sounds really classy x

Latest posts

Back