Welcome to the SalonGeek.com

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i liked it being the "nail geek" as there are so few nail only forum/sites, cant you rename it the nailgeek and just have one forum specifically for beauty, instead of changing the name
i will get used to it....i suppose lol

I like being a NAIL geek too, but ultimately it's all of us that make the site what it is...... I'm definitely still up for Nail Only Days!

There's negative thinking going on here, needlessly...

Instead of having to go to one forum to discuss beauty and come here to discuss nails it's now possible to do it all on one site with 2 very seperate forums under one umbrella, that's got to be better hasn't it?

We can still have Nails Only Days, it doesn't mean that anything has to change.

It just means that Geeks who are beauty therapists aswell as nail technicians have their own area for beauty/skin talk instead of it getting lost on the chitchat forum...

The Nail Geek still lives, but under its own heading.

Happy Geeking (NailGeek or SkinGeek) :D

i liked it being the "nail geek" as there are so few nail only forum/sites, cant you rename it the nailgeek and just have one forum specifically for beauty, instead of changing the name
i will get used to it....i suppose lol

i prefer this idea:sad:

I too thought about the nails only days and dont see it as a problem - all it means is that we discuss nails rather than posting in the chit chat forum, it doesnt stop those who post in the Skin forum, from posting.

There's negative thinking going on here, needlessly...

Instead of having to go to one forum to discuss beauty and come here to discuss nails it's now possible to do it all on one site with 2 very seperate forums under one umbrella, that's got to be better hasn't it?

We can still have Nails Only Days, it doesn't mean that anything has to change.

It just means that Geeks who are beauty therapists aswell as nail technicians have their own area for beauty/skin talk instead of it getting lost on the chitchat forum...

The Nail Geek still lives, but under its own heading.

Happy Geeking (NailGeek or SkinGeek) :D

Excellent, Thanks for clarifying Sandi x

I too thought about the nails only days and dont see it as a problem - all it means is that we discuss nails rather than posting in the chit chat forum, it doesnt stop those who post in the Skin forum, from posting.

I agree that nothing has changed as regards the people who use this site or threads that are done. just under a different name - so i see no problem who dont want to change.

At the end of the day what is in a name - nothing really has changed - see it as a positive move - a bit like Sandi and her comfort zone - it does us good to move out of our comfort zone now and again LOL.

We are all the same people we were yesterday, hopefully LOL.

Remember when Designer Nails changed their name to Hyperion - we were all up in arms - well some of us were LOL - has it made any difference - we still phone the same number and speak to the same people and get the same great service and I for one still call it Designer Nails LOL.

Same goes for other companies - EZ Flow changed to be under the banner of Graftons - did it make a difference.

I prefer The Nail Geek...its not being negative its just what i prefer..i like what i like.

We had somewhere that was ours...for NAIL technicians all over the world...hair dressers and beauty topics crept in now and then and that was ok...but they have there own sites...for there own field...this is OUR field and i liked that this was our place.

These are what you see under the search links...

The Nail Geek
The worlds largest community of professional nail technicians from The Nail Geek himself: Samuel Sweet.

The Nail Geek
The Nail Geek is an on-line forum community packed full of nail technicians from all over the world. Owned and run by Samuel Sweet.

Sounds nice eh .....

I am grateful to Sam for all his time and work that goes into this site and will always support him and this site no matter what the name...but it just doesn't feel unique to us Nail techs anymore.

sorry. xxx

First off, thanks for all the support everyone. It wasn't an easy decision - but I think a very positive one.

Sure there are hardly any nail devoted forums. Those that are out there are very niche and very slow. But remember that there are even less Skin devoted sites. How do you think they feel ;)

In the end, the only thing that changed was the name of the site. I was saddened by it (it is my pseudonym after all!) however I welcome the opportunity to provide a platform to help our sister industry in the same way ours has been helped.
I didn't see the sense in setting up another site just for skin with 2 news sections, 2 assistance sections, chit chats, etc... When many users would go to both sites, but may not be able to register their name because someone else had gotten it first, or the problems with PMing one member who is always at another site... yadayaydayada. In the end, we have a powerful community that can benefit the skin industry and they in turn will benefit us. Nothing has changed - just the name and the scope.

After all - we are all geeks aren't we ;)

Yes, at first, logging on, I was shocked, then dissappointed, but now I have had time to think about it, IMHO it doesnt matter what its called..
The community hasnt changed, the people havent changed, the format hasnt changed and thats what I personally love about it.

Its a good idea to have forums for all types of sections in the nail, hair and beauty industry and is whats behind the nature of growing bigger and better.

In a few days/weeks you will feel odd remembering it was called the Nail geek.
And after all, the nail geek hasnt disappeared, just merged.
xxxx:hug:

After all - we are all geeks aren't we ;)

I think that is the main thing....
and despite the changes....and a major glitch which has affected my alter ego!:irked:
.....I am still a geek.....and I will still be spending all my time on the Nail Geek...it is a forum now and not the name of the site...but hey I am still a geek and I will still be geeking every chance I get.....No matter what I am called!!...or what the site is called!!!

Wow, what a change,:eek: (had to log in for a start), but i think it will be a good thing.
It's a bit sad to see that GMG is no longer running the nail geek, but it can be the new and improved site for all geeks in the nails & beauty industry.
Cheers GMG for recognising us skin geeks too.:D

Because we have got rid of the books and movie reviews, how about having a product review forum. That way all geeks can check if there is a review on a certain product they may be interested in buying.

What do you think Sam?????

xxxxxxxxxx

It's a bit sad to see that GMG is no longer running the nail geek,

i don't think Sam is going anywhere...its just the name of the site that has changed...he will still be running it. or at least thats how i read it. xx

It's a bit sad to see that GMG is no longer running the nail geek,

Just to clarify - GMG is running the SalonGeek site which houses the Nail Geek and the Skin Geek - he hasn't gone anywhere - NEITHER has the Nail Geek - we are on it right now.

We (as in nail geeks) will still call it the Nail Geek - he has simply made it accessible to beauty therapist by having the Skin Geek too and calling the WHOLE site Salon Geek so that beauty therapists and tanning fanatics, waxing women etc feel comfortable coming on here and that they too can come and learn .:!:

:eek: Im still here!!! Nothing has changed on that front!!!

Anyhooo - I have often thought about product reviews - but there are some big downsides to them that will most likely prevent me from doing it:
1- Malicious reviews and votes by people who have never used it.
2- People using products that are clueless and as such have problems
3- The flame wars that will start because someone didnt like the product.

To be totally honest - I don't see a lot of positives for having it. Reviews only work when you have a highly qualified unbiased person writing each one.

I think its brill !!!, its like 2 sites now the nail geek & the skin geek which is double fab, Im pleased you kept geek in the name lol !!
Thanks Sam xxx

I think it is a brilliant move.... how many times have we lost Nail threads because non nail threads took over ..... and visa versa.... now it will be a tad easier for all of us to see whats what..... Just think of it as an extension to your home... the Nail Geek has now got a couple of extra rooms to play in....These changes are positive and provide now a cool playing field for all....
We are all still geeks, what ever out passion is and let us all be passionate about what we all do best... may it be beauty or nails, this is the site that has room for all.....and it is still non product driven just geek driven xxx

Geek Power Rocks even more than ever now !!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: I didn't even get time to say goodbye to the old site!!!!!

Sam.....you work far too quickly, you only told us on Sunday that it was changing and BANG it's gone!!!!

I am sure we will all get used to it..... a change is as good as a rest!!!!!

Thanks for all your hard work....no matter what the site is called we are all still Geeks!!!!! xxxx

Latest posts

Back