Welcome to the SalonGeek.com

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my opinion those who are just nail geeks can still use the site axactly the same as they did before. If looks and acts the same - just that there is a new forum for skin and beauty doesnt make it not for nails any more.

I think alot of us (including me) are becoming multiskilled so therefore the addition of skin stuff is just like putting non nail stuff in a different forum.

Keep up the good work sam!

p.s. - Sam - tried to give you some rep points but as i gave you some recently i have to spread some around first. Will remember to do so later on though!

well im a bit like Jac... im only a nail person... beauty has no real interest for me other than when i get my eyebrows defuzzed once a month....lol
but like anything things evolve and change... and this is just one of them... i normally shorten the nail geek to just geek anyway... so a name change isnt that much of an issue
i think that putting nail art into 'the nail geek' is a good idea .... hope ppl still remember to post stuff abt it ;)

Jess
xox

I agree. I'm just a nail person and don't intend to train in beauty as I have no interest there (apart from the uphill struggle of making myself beautiful!) so was a bit of a shock when I logged on this morning.
I know you work really hard on this site sam so I hope it takes off well for you, I'm absolutely sure it will! Well done!
Don't think I'll be able to stop calling it nailgeek for a long time tho!!:hug:

Fab Sam! I am a nail geek at the moment, but have lots of courses planned for other areas so now I won't have to find another site. I think it is a possitive move.

Thanks Sam xx :hug:

Fantastic thanks for all the hard work:hug:

I think it's all good. Bit weird to start with but it's only really a name. Even though I dont do Beauty things, all the more to look through may give me the incentive. Love it and thanks. x

Thanx for all the hard work Sam, just like everyone else I have full confidence in you!!! :)

I was panicking when my browser swapped names but phew its all here still. I think its a good idea, many of us have other strings to our bows and the changes reflect that. I love it!!!

fundamentally it's the same site, with the same people and the same fantastic info for us all. Just extras have been added and Im really looking forward to reading the new bits and welcoming other new members.

Well done Sam x x

Well, I don't do nails (I know my limits!!), but have loved learning more about them for the time I've been a member, and can always offer advice to my beauty clients about what to look for in a good professional tech. I found this site originally because I was searching for airbrush tanning but that's a whole other story.

i have loved this site every since I joined and it just keeps getting better and better.

Thanks sweet Samuel x

Excellent work Mr Geek!Although i was a bit scared at 1st until i realised what was happening!!!
I'm sure i will get used to it all soon tho!xxx

I have to say, I went mad at first and thought he was crazy:smack: BUT.... he is right in the sense that beauty or hair won't discuss their sectors on a nail site. At the end of the day, we are still NAIL Geeks, but there will also be SKIN geeks and maybe HAIR geeks too.

So after telling him it was a dumb-ass idea, I actually think once again... he may have nailed it and got it right!:Love:

I have to say, I went mad at first and thought he was crazy:smack: BUT.... he is right in the sense that beauty or hair won't discuss their sectors on a nail site. At the end of the day, we are still NAIL Geeks, but there will also be SKIN geeks and maybe HAIR geeks too.

So after telling him it was a dumb-ass idea, I actually think once again... he may have nailed it and got it right!:Love:

As somebody said - we need to move forward with the times or we would move backwards,

Me no likey!
... but then Im always slow to come around to the changes! :smack:
I appreciate all your hard work Sam and youre right its the peeps that make the place not the name!

eeek!!

I am a beauty therapist & a nail tek .....but i prefered NAIL GEEK!

I spose its because im predominently a nail tek first and foremost and beauty is just 'extra'.

I recon i'll get used to it:eek: eventually.........................

I'll get used to the name in time, thanks for the hard work.
Does this mean that we can no longer have "nails only" days?

have to say that i dont like the "salongeek" it will always be the "nailgeek" for me - yes i know there are alot of beauty therapists (ME included) but would have thought it better to just have a forum. sam, i understand where you coming from - but "salongeek" - it just dont have the same ring to it as "nailgeek" - sorry hun

I complete agree - but i loved that this was unique to Nails i feel this is a sad day.

Very exciting! I LOVE it!!!! Thanks:hug:

Took me a while to even notice the changes!!! Lol! Need sleep!

Looking good!! :)

I don't like changes, but I do think, long term, this will prove to be a good one.

Don't know how long it'll take me to get used to Salon Geek instead of Nail Geek though:green:

Took me a while to even notice the changes!!! Lol! Need sleep!

Looking good!! :)

i didnt notice the change either (cause nail geek was in my favourites) until i read sams thread!

Latest posts

Back