Welcome to the SalonGeek.com

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
As you may have noticed, I have 'slightly' transformed thenailgeek.com. It has now evolved into salongeek.com

Why pray tell?

I have been working on and off for the past year to evolve the site to accommodate the countless requests I get to offer the ability to for skin geeks to network as nail geeks do. The next logical progression was to offer a skin section - however offering a skin forum on a nail site seemed a bit odd - so I wrestled and wrestled (along with the mods) and decided to evolve into the SalonGeek.com.

I am kind of sad to see thenailgeek.com go, however it has happened before (the site used to be samuelsweet.com for those of you that were not around then) however I am quickly growing to love the name and it is our hope that you do too!

A few layout changes have taken place. Nothing too major but still worth pointing out.
I merged Nail Art into the old Main forum and renamed it The Nail Geek. The Nail Art forum may make a return - but lets face it - it's still all about nails and activity in Nail Art was low compared to the other forums.
There is a new forum called Skin Geek. There isn't a whole lot in there yet, however I doubt it will stay that way for long!
Articles and tutorials have moved into The Nail Geek. Watch for the same happening in The Skin Geek once we get rolling there ;)
I ditched the book and movie review forums. That was mainly there to test out some coding and didn't really fit the theme of the site anyway.

Anyhooo, I'm back off to do some more subtle tweaking. Let us know if you stumble across any problems because of the change.

Finally, spread the word and lets evolve into the full service site our industry needs ;)

Three Cheers for The Salon Geek :D

Excellent work Sam... in the words of Maccie D's... I'm lovin' it :wink2:

bit of a shock!!
but does make sense to make the change and i really do like the new name.
i will prob end up still calling it the nail geek out of habit thou...

have to say that i dont like the "salongeek" it will always be the "nailgeek" for me - yes i know there are alot of beauty therapists (ME included) but would have thought it better to just have a forum. sam, i understand where you coming from - but "salongeek" - it just dont have the same ring to it as "nailgeek" - sorry hun

It seems a bit weird - but hey I'm with the thought of the mice in "Who moved my cheese?" got to accept change and look forward to it - otherwise we might not get our daily feed of Nail geek :lol:

I know where you're coming from - but I think its simply down to what we are used to. Heck, no one is more attached to thenailgeek.com than I, however placing beauty in a nail site is the same as sticking nails in a beauty site. To me, it doesnt do justice. Eventually I want to be able to offer all areas of service (if there are enough wanting it) - keeping it as thenailgeek would never let that happen (how many hair messers would go talk hair on a nail site and vice a versa?).

Anyhoo - there are some more subtle changes that will be happening in the future. It is my hope that we will be eventually be able to access the nail only items via our trusted thenailgeek.com (and skin via skingeek.com)- however that can't happen until this change happened and a lot of coding takes place.

Regardless, its not the name - its the people that make the site great. Lets make this a positive change as we learn from other secotrs of our industry and they learn from us :)

just for you daffodil i will adjust lol - still love ya tho flower

I think its a very positive move ... there are so many nail geeks that do beauty within their service and this has been seen by the number of threads on beauty of late.

I am sure we will all get used to it soon enough.

I huffed and puffed at the changes from Creative to Hyperion .. I said I would never be able to remember it and it just didnt 'feel' right somehow .. but its 2nd nature now lol!

:hug:

I know where you're coming from - but I think its simply down to what we are used to. Heck, no one is more attached to thenailgeek.com than I, however placing beauty in a nail site is the same as sticking nails in a beauty site. To me, it doesnt do justice. Eventually I want to be able to offer all areas of service (if there are enough wanting it) - keeping it as thenailgeek would never let that happen (how many hair messers would go talk hair on a nail site and vice a versa?).

Anyhoo - there are some more subtle changes that will be happening in the future. It is my hope that we will be eventually be able to access the nail only items via our trusted thenailgeek.com (and skin via skingeek.com)- however that can't happen until this change happened and a lot of coding takes place.

Regardless, its not the name - its the people that make the site great. Lets make this a positive change as we learn from other secotrs of our industry and they learn from us :)

We are lucky to have someone who is so thoughtful and thinks out of the box - I truly appreciate all the hard work you have put into this site - it's a bit like an egg -it has hatched and now it is growing :lol:

:hug: snuggs xx

Citing............I like it. x

wow it feels scary now!
i feel like ive moved house :eek:
strange!!!

it will be weird because i am A NAIL GEEK (and very very proud lol)
but as i started beauty therapy in college last night...im sure ill soon be a happy bunny discussing all other treatments aswell as my first passion NNAAIILLLSSS !!!

thankyou sam :hug:
just gunna have a nosey round now
(and thanks to princesslilyx for letting me know about the change ,id have had the shock of me life when i next logged on otherwise :green: )

I like it I like it I like it! Very much. We are going to grow and it is going to be awesome. Well done!

Have to admit there I was a bit taken back when it asked me to sign it...!

Well as I dont do beauty, only nails, that side of things holds no personal interest for me, but its your site Sam and if you think thats the way forward then thats fine. Thanks for all your hard work.

oooooooooooh me likes!!! :lol:

Well I think it's long overdue so I'm lovin' it large! You can still be nail geeks, just go into that forum rather than click on new posts. They always say us Brits hate change, just look at the hoohar every time they change the size of a 5p piece!!!

samuelsweet.com thenailgeek.com thesalongeek.com

Wow look how we have grown :hug: Good move Sam xx

Sam - I have decided - you are the new god!

Everything we seem to ask for you provide.

:hug::hug::hug:

I LOVE IT !!!! I equally love nails & beauty so this is great for me :green:

I must admit I got slightly confused this morning when I had to log in & til I found this thread :smack:

Looks fab though, I'm off to have a nosey!!

well im a bit like Jac... im only a nail person... beauty has no real interest for me other than when i get my eyebrows defuzzed once a month....lol
but like anything things evolve and change... and this is just one of them... i normally shorten the nail geek to just geek anyway... so a name change isnt that much of an issue
i think that putting nail art into 'the nail geek' is a good idea .... hope ppl still remember to post stuff abt it ;)

Jess
xox

Latest posts

Back