What accent do you like?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
I only ask because I have a student that travels over from Dublin to do training and even the way she types her emails is written in that gorgeous Irish accent.

I love the Irish accent and could just sit with my head in my hands listening to her reciting the yellow pages.

Oh i love the Irish accent. Even the ugly buggers can have me hanging on their every word :lol:
I also love the Italian accent.
My husband's family are Polish and i hate their accent, always sounds like they are spitting-lol

love scottish accents , prob coz it reminds me of my family but i love em could listen to em all day , lol
i also love my kids accents coz they dont sound english anymore they have canadian twangs it makes me laugh :lol: we have a real communication problem in our house tho coz we are really broad yorkshire and the kids half the time dont get what we mean , lol
one day james heard a bang ... and dave goes " it was an horse backfiring " so poor james goes "dad whats a norse ?" lmao :lol:

Love Irish, Italian, Newcastle and Welsh, but just adore cockney because it's what I am!

I'm from South Wales and I just melt when I hear that on the TV or someone speaking. It just makes me feel like I'm home.

Hub is from Durham, Master Chick is getter broader and broader, sometimes I have to ask him to repeat himself! Ant n Dec just crease me up with their cheeky chappy banter.

Have you been watching Zen. Ooooh adorable....

I like my boyfriends manchester or how do you say manc accent. It is rough sounding and sexy :) I originate from Portugal and sometimes find it hard to understand uk accents. Especially from Scotland and the Liverpool haha

I love Irish! And I love welsh too, my nan is welsh and always makes me think of her!
I loath a cockney accent (my own!) and when I hear myself talking played back I'm always saying 'is that really what i sound like!?' as it makes me cringe!

I wanna welsh accent like nannys- I'm sure it'd suit me so much nicer :lol:

I'm really surprised (and very happy) that a lot of you like the Irish accent.

I'm from Dublin and personally like the accent on a man, but not so much on a woman... I mean, I just LOVE when Ciaran talks on Corrie :lol:

For me though, it just has to be the Spanish accent... it's just totally gorgeous!!

I adore the real old Cornish accent but have to admit it took me a while to take it seriously and not be PC offended when someone official says "Mornin' my 'ansome" or even "alrigh' my luvver" :lol:

I may be a bit biased, but I love a posh Glasgow accent. You know, it doesn't have to be a posh accent, just well spoken. When I hear that on tv I instantly turn to see who it is and if a male he becomes more attractive. :green: On the flip side I absolutely hate the rough Glasgow accents. I actually find it difficult understand a lot of them.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I love most accents but especially, British, Scottish, Irish, Aussie and Italian! :)

Glad you all like the irish accent but yes it's definately nicer on a man.
i've a Dublin accent but it's kind of gravel-ish (you know what i mean) i used to try sound squeakier years ago because i hated it, i just sounded stupid :lol:

as for my likes, french accents and always had a thing for manchester accents

I have 2 stylists with accents....one is from the Ukraine and one is from London....kids of all people just stare when they talk.....i love it

I love a few of the American accents! My favourite is the Texan accent! I have a Texan friend, and could listen to him talk all day! :green:

I love the welsh accent. and even though Anthony Hopkins has lost a lot of his accent, his voice just melts me. Hmmmm not quite so when he's playing that character that eats people, can't think of the name now lol.

I also love the Essex accent. Hubby is an essex boy, well he's hardly a boy, but lovely voice and being a copper just melts me.

Who mentioned Zen? Gorgeous

Mine, Cockney :lol: Also Italian because my wife is Italian and when she speaks English with her beautiful accent, it always makes me smile. Even when she's lost the plot and is shouting in anger, i can't get worked up because i'm too busy smiling :lol:

ooooo love a Texan accent, in fact most American accents hoo yah mmmmmmmmmmmm:lol:

Any accent. It gives real character to a person; I hate "ironed out" voices when people eradicate all traces of their origins.
My faves, though, are Manchester, Scottish and Irish!

i love accents ... particularly scottish and irish (not northern irish though, sorry!) also love liverpudlians
italian, spanish and for some reason new york accent, lol
not keen on my own north london accent - although have been told its estuary (lived in southend for a while) and now living in north west essex and hope i dont pick up that particular "twang" although can sometimes hear it when my daughter speaks
also not too keen on french accent .. my dad is french and his accent was particularly pronounced when he was angry or telling us off, lol .. my school friends used to swoon over his accent, lol

Latest posts

Back