What are your phobias?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok here goes:

SPIDERS OR CRAWLIES

FUNERAL CARS

GAPS IN CURTAINS

Ok I dont even want to type the thing (actually its technically a person but to me its a thing!) that i'm petrified of, even the mention of his name makes me feel sick and if he's on the tv i have to run out the room or turn the tv off!
Marilyn Manson!!
even typing that makes my skin crawl lol.
theres also another film I get the same reacition to, The bodyguard!
I know its weird, my family mock me every chance they get about that one, but I cant help it, its the weird stalker guy he just terrifys me!

Also hate the other normal ones like spiders, moths, was never really bothered by wasps until the other day i was sitting on the bus minding my own business when i felt a pain in my knee which felt like being poked with a needle, looked down at it, and sees the bugger wasp flying away!!
Never again will i feel bad about killing wasps or bees!!
They deserve it!!
So those are my main two phobias, feel free to laugh lol!
:green:

Dreamer_1 said:
So those are my main two phobias, feel free to laugh lol!
:green:
Won't be laughing...did you see mine? I got to much baggage of my own!! :hug:

I say we have our geek meet at a therapist's office!! :lol: :lol:

1999judy said:
OK, so after my return from my hols I'm getting a bit of stick from the rest of the family about having phobias about things. These are mine so please feel free to tell me if you think I'm as strange of the rest of my family do.

Shower curtains that are not mine. I cannot stand a hotel shower curtain to touch me it gives me the creeps.
Looking down sinks - this will guarantee that I will puke when brushing my teeth.
Walking on floors with nothing on my feet.
Bedding touching me that may contain hairs from an unknown persons body.
Cutlery and plates that are in a cupboard and you don't know for certain have been washed.

Now am I the only person who freaks out about such things?
Or do I really have a problem?:eek:

Ok so my 1st phobia is SPIDERS 2nd is Pidgeons

When I see spiders I freeze, shake and cry untill it is removed donesn't matter if its little of big, I've had two near miss car acidents because of the nasty things.

When i see pidgens in the street I scream and duck if they fly over me and people laugh at me, and if they decide the want to walk near me I move or even cross the street (bad childhood memories)

Im petrified of ladybirds, I cant even look at one, they send shivers down my back! Spiders are no prob, but ladybird in the bath - id run a mile!!:eek:

I thought I was the only one freaked out by the sink.

It's really just drains and pipes in general, when I was a kid if my foot brushed the top of the drain grating while swimming I would freak out. Sink drain, shower drain...I'm better about it now as an adult but they still bother me, I can just control my reaction better.

I HATE BIRDS!

I am convinced that when they come near me they are going to fly up and smack me in the face with their wings!

Dont ask me why or how because I havent got a clue.

LayStar said:
I don't even like being completely under my bed covers, ugh!

Oh Im definately the opposite ... I have to be under the covers up to my neck, even in the summer, if not I feel bare and I also have to have an extra pillow to lay on, as I lay on my front the pillow has to be under my chest, or if I lay on my back, it had to be under my back!! :rolleyes:

Edited to also say - bridges with no sides ... we have one near to where I live and I crap myself when I go over it!!

Oh - forgot to also add I hate ODD numbers!

If I had written this 10 years ago it would have included anything and everything due to my ocd :rolleyes:
But no I just have Heights, Escalotors, Flying, and hospitals so not many really lol

Hi all,
Have to say i have three phobias.

Crabs
Frogs
Cotton wool being pulled apart.
& Anything thats disgusting

Tiakayla

Odd numbers.
dirty hands
Bridges

Tiakayla

I hate driving over high bridges, SPIDERS!!!!!!!!!! the bigger they are the more terrified I become, and heights, makes my tummy go all ooooh errrr :lol:

you lot have convinced me to tell you 'some' of my phobias/fears... only some though lol
Snakes... didn't think i had a problem with them until I had a 3ft adder in my paellero (outside summer kitchen, sounds posher than it is lol), just under 2 years ago I went in our paellero to sort out some laundry in my washing machine, chucked my washing basket on the floor (as you do!) and this 'thrashing' noise came from an Addis box in the corner... i went on tiptoes without moving any closer to it and saw this ruddy snake... crapped one doesn't even come close to it... i was jumping about like something possessed, anything so my feet didn't have to be touching the floor lol, crying, hot and bothered, OMG i was a wreck... ever since then i've been on my guard for the blighters lol
enclosed spaces... not very comfortable in lifts, the smaller they are the worse I am, I've been known to walk up 15 flights of stairs before now just to avoid a small lift!!!
Hmmm, spiders... we get ones in the summer that are similar to tarantulas but a bit smaller, black ones, they shed their skin, which means they've grown :eek: we see the empty bodies and occasionally live ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeuk yeuk yeuk!

andrelax said:
clowns, CLOWNS,CLOWNS:Scared: :Scared: :eek: :eek:

OH lord have you seen thier eyes, the size of thier mopuths and when they are hot an dthe face paint chips a bit,m Oh God they look horrific!!! And they laugh....always the laughing and nasty grinning! The way the move and jumo about, I just see a face that moves thats it!! I hate them!

:cry:

I can totally understand this, i hate clowns too.

Have to say though, I don't think I have any other phobias, except needles but that's only cos they hurt! I'm not afraid of spiders or insects, but clowns are just plain creepy!

mine are
buttons (loose ones)
the sea (have to have shoes on even to paddle)
the dark (never slept with the light off in my life, i am that 15 watt pigmy bulb buyer)
mess ( had ocd when i had postnatal depression and bleach was my best friend and enemy...not as bad but still cant stand mess) it makes me depressed if my house isnt clean and tidy at all times

NailFreak06 said:
Being sick or anyone being sick (very hard when little one is unwell)

Me too - in fact this is one of the things that gives me panic attacks and contributed my anxiety

And I've wondered how I'll get on when I have kids and they are ill. I think I got this fear from my mum and I really dont want to pass it on to my kids

Sal said:
Me too - in fact this is one of the things that gives me panic attacks and contributed my anxiety

And I've wondered how I'll get on when I have kids and they are ill. I think I got this fear from my mum and I really dont want to pass it on to my kids

I cant bear being sick but worse still seeing or hearing somone else being sick, i have 2 little ones though, i was ok with the baby milk sick but when they started blowing chunks i had to let my husband take over the sick duty!

It sounds ridiculous but i have this thing about pipes, anything to do with pipes gives me the willies, i cant take the top of the cistern am actually pulling faces while i type and urghhhhhhhhhhhh thoses tank things with the rubbery red jackets on,,arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! I cant go under the sink but worst of all I used to work for a rather well known chocolate factory in York and they have big silver pipes all through the corridors transporting different substances to different rooms, thankfully I worked in the offices but I would take a 15 minute de tour to get to the other side of the factory just to avoid the bloody pipes!! And i cant go in the attic as its home to our water tank....I wonder why I have this strange phobia??????????:confused:

Sparklepink said:
omg i hate the stairs thing..... also stairs that have gaps at the sides (the car park stairs in my local mall is like it!) ......... escalators that go down... v steap ones!

Hooray - its not just me!

I can't even walk down stairs that are next to a "down" escalators! My husband thinks I'm a fruit loop! The worst think is I know where it comes from - do any of you "over 25" (cough cough) geeks remember the adverts for escalators in the 70's where the rag doll looses its head? It was a down escalator - need I say more!

Latest posts

Back