What are your phobias?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:eek: :cry: :eek: *birds*:cry: :eek: :cry:

absolutely PETRIFIED of them !!
There was one nesting in the haybarn - where i used to have to go EVERY day to get hay out for the horse....used to send my 4 yr old in first - she'd say 'dont be silly mummy' look its not scary, i said 'hurry up and YOU bring the hay out then:eek: '

Is that child cruelty !!!!

Bless her - she is so brave:hug:

MINKUS said:
:eek: :cry: :eek: *birds*:cry: :eek: :cry:

absolutely PETRIFIED of them !!
There was one nesting in the haybarn - where i used to have to go EVERY day to get hay out for the horse....used to send my 4 yr old in first - she'd say 'dont be silly mummy' look its not scary, i said 'hurry up and YOU bring the hay out then:eek: '

Is that child cruelty !!!!

Bless her - she is so brave:hug:

I know where you are coming from Amber... when my eldest was about 5 yrs old she used to have to walk directly behind me whilst I was pushing the baby in the pram and 'watch' for wasps flying near me. I bet she was relieved just to get to school away from her mad mother sigh!! And I won't even go down the Chester Zoo route ... OMG!!! Hence my phobia treatment.. enough was enough lol!!!

I have discovered that I can't stand nail clippings.

I can cope with any nail that is still attached to a finger or toe but the minute they are reduced to a pile of clippings I feel quite queasy. This also applies to the length I cut off tips.

I gather them up as quick as poss and put them in the bin but 1 little bit always escapes and nestles in the towel looking at me.

Really handy for a nail tech eh !!!!!!!!!

i have a real bad phobia about smells! i am actually sick if i smell a fry up, ciggies B.O, and i was on the bus on monday when the manure (sp) smell drifted through the window:cry: i went the rest of my journey with my head in my lush bag. everyone i know takes the pi*s out of me because of it . i also cant (or will only use if i am pushed or dragged onto ) escalators. they actually terrify me.

Spiders,moths,flies,wasps,bees DADDY LONG LEGS!!! OH MY GOD!! I really am frightened of these, the other day i was sitting on the sofa watching tv and i noticed a spider on me and i went hysterical and i mean i really did was screaming and then was crying! my b/f said oh god i didnt know u was that scared of them!lol
Another phobia of mine is other people buttering toast or brushing there teeth aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!:eek: :eek: Maybe i am a bit weird!!lol xx:hug: xx

add on> i also am scared of anyone that breathes, coughes, sneezes near me i think its the thought of the germs getting all over me, i dont know. i feel silly that these things sort of control what i do where i go etc etc. but if anyone gets near me that i dont know( if they are coughing or smoking ) i hold my breath til i can get away.the smell makes me actually vomit . i wish i was normal. i need my own airspace!!!!! lol:lol:

Snakes - I cannot even look at a picture. And as for those big stuffed ones you get from IKEA, eurgh!

People who read a magazine I've bought before me - it's second hand if someone else has read it first :eek:

Bananas - my mum thinks its hilarious to eat one whilst sitting next to me and watch me retch at the smell.

Waiters and waitresses who don't smile or have bad manners - it doesnt cost anything to be polite, no way do you get a tip if you dont make an effort!!!

Ok so when i am at morrisons i run past the fish counter otherwise i would barf.

I i run like a mad women when someone puts their hand in the freezer and it makes that horrible noise !

I must be a weirdo!!! I'm pretty much easygoing about most things!!

Actually, that's a lie... I am in denial!!!

oh yeah!!! SPIDERS!!!(even such innocent looking)..dont want to kill them...just ...get nervous histeric & start screaming than see one!!! this is the most horrible creature i can imagin!!!:Scared: :Scared: :Scared:
...wasps...bees...mosquitoes!!!somewhy they always chose me as the dinner..even if i covered with all the cloves i have & use all the repelents...they still will eat me,just the only me!!!thats unfair!!!!:cry: ...oh & cockroaches & ants...i know it really difficult to get rid of them...but hate to see them!!!cant sit normally if i know there somether in the room they r...i feel disgusted...it so uncomfortable to act like that while U r in guests:o ,but it is so hard to stay calm...with all rest insects i can coupe...more or less...but still admit having heavy aracnophobia & dont know how to get rid of it:cry:
the only happy moment in my live-long fight with phobias is that im not afraid of dogs anymore!!!!now i love them!!!:):hug:
...hmmm....& i tottally forgot about Dantists!!!:Scared: :D :lol:

michelle monks said:
Mine-don't laugh!!!!
Water splashed on the sink or draining board, I know, I know , it's a sink for god's sake as my hubby keeps telling me. They were made to get splahed-not!!. I have to wipe it so no water marks show.

Hi Michelle,

Your post made me laugh. I am a bit of a neat freak and like you, I don't like seeing watermarks on the sink and always wipe them off.

However, it's not really a phobia (I assume you are not scared of it) but more like an obsessive habit. I won't even say OCD, as I don't think it's a disorder as such but just more of a neat freak habit. :)

Marlise

Tsia said:
bite like a spider

Spiders bite??? ok now I hate them even more!! I counted last night that I had 8 in my bathroom and not small ones either!! I wont go in the shower if there is one in there and I dive in the bath like its a swimming pool!! The other half has to fetch them out before I usually go in there but he wasnt there last night :irked: I havent a clue where they keep coming from!!

Oh and butterflies ... I go all quieasy (SP) when they are near me, I live on a farm and my house attracts them bad and its not suprising that I have 10 or more in my hall way each day!! I scream when they are near me and I'm usually armed with a broom and bug killer ... but the bloody bug killer never kills them!! :cry:

Oh guys, I almost forgot about all the creepy-crawly creatures!!! God I HATE BUGS!! I can't even be around butterflies...they fly too eradic for me, can't stand worms, caterpillers.....
EWWWWWYYYYYYYYYYYICKKKKKKKKKYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Well I'm petrified of anything that can fly especially butterflies. If there is one in a house I will run out of the house! So for me its :
butterflies
moths
birds
daddy long legs

I have had such a laugh reading all these funky phobias. I can relate to a few... I think it was Becki who said running passed the fish counter in Morrison´s... can totally relate to that FISH SMELL THING :rolleyes: .

OK, I have a wierd thing about Tuna fish. I love it but I can not eat it unless my mum has made it or I have :rolleyes:. I was bought up the American way of eating tuna salad (with mayo, onions, celery etc) and I think it also has to do with fish and cleanliness... how do I know whoever made it has a clean kitchen etc... it´s wierd but that´s how I amand its only with tuna.

I really related to those who don´t like their food or drink touching... I am very similar and when we order Chinese I like to have mine and not share (how bloody selfish I am):lol: :!:

I can not STAND when people wear clothes that they haven´t dried properly and they smell like ´moldy faceclóths´... my nose is very sensitive and I can define different perfumes etc... the moment I smell that it makes me want to hurl.

Finally MUSHROOMS - of any kind but particularly the ones that grow on trees etc.. fungi.. eewww I hate even typing that word. I am terrified of them and will walk a mile to not be near any. I am proud to say my fridge has never had a ´shroom´in it and Sam hates shrooms too (although he doesn´t have a phobia about them like me:rolleyes: ). Something happened to me when I was about 4 (being rolled in them, dragged through them etc) and I am simply terrified... even of tiny toadstools....:mad: :mad: :mad:

Yes we all WIERD!!:green:

I have a phobia about "BUTTONS", even saying the word makes me feel sick. I call them BURRS"
I'm O.K. if they are on clothes, but if they are half hanging off it makes me feel very weird ( feeling sick, shakey, I make funny faces , my eyes can't beleive what they see and I have to make a very quick exit). Heaven forbid if there is one on the floor or a surface, I have to cover it with anything at all so it's out of sight, if there is no one else to remove it , I will , but it takes some effort. Yet, I 'm O.K. at sewing them on but have to get them done quickly. Even telling you all about it has me squirming.

Bye 4 Now

RUFUS

My there are some phobia's about!!! Mine include - Wasps, Being sick or anyone being sick (very hard when little one is unwell) toilet brushes (eww), cleaning the toilet- (i do clean it lol! its just a real effort! yuk!)think thats it - i'm ok with spiders unless there huge!!! xxxx

My main one is spiders *pukes* I'm petrified, if there's a spider in the house somewhere I will lock myself in the bathroom until someone has got rid of it. I even make my mum check inside my shoes each morning to make sure no spiders have crawled in there overnight :smack: John just laughs at me and refuses to get rid of a spider if there's one in the room, nasty man :cry:

I don't like small, enclosed spaces either. I don't even like being completely under my bed covers, ugh!

I hate eyeballs as well, think that stems back from primary school when the teacher next door to our classroom was teaching biology and the class were dissecting bulls eyes and she came into our class to show us, YUK, she even said "Layla you look like you're going to pass out" haha damn right!!

And lastly, I freak out about large, protuding veins, like the ones in the wrists and hands. I often have to look away when doing hand and feet massages cos it makes the veins start to rise, eeeeek :eek:

LayStar said:
I don't even like being completely under my bed covers, ugh!

Ooooooooh, I AM THE SAME WAY!!! Make you feel like you're going to suffocate!! Can't stand anything over my face!!

One more to add...(I'm a very odd lady) :eek: I can't lie flat on my back...I will go into hysterics!!! When I had my youngest via c-section I had informed my OB of this, I begged for them to put me to sleep...they wouldn't, so they gave me the spinal and asked me to lay back I FREAKED OUT SOMETHING AWFUL!! I started to feel as though I couldn't breath, he knew b4 hand so he was very patient and calming...but that was a terrifing experience...

Man, I'm a therapists dream :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back