What courses have you taken so far and what are you planning to do in the future?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The back is not the back it is the bum cheek area, the sack is the scrotum and the crack is the crack between the bum cheeks hth
see i was listening Andy lol :hug:

Thanks for the reply, I seen it on Graham Norton show, and my it looked sore, and I am a female. lol:lol:

OMG!!!!!!!
i have done:
CDN foundation course
CND spa manicure/pedicure
and thats it from liitle old me.........so far.
Plan to do lots more but not sure when it is best to do it because i'm not 100% where i want to be with what i have learned so far; and really want to get my timing down and be alot better in my application before i fill my little brain with any more info...it may just explode,lol!!!

i really am a little geeklin arnt i!!!!:hug::hug::cry::cry:

OMG!!!!!!!
i have done:
CDN foundation course
CND spa manicure/pedicure
and thats it from liitle old me.........so far.
Plan to do lots more but not sure when it is best to do it because i'm not 100% where i want to be with what i have learned so far; and really want to get my timing down and be alot better in my application before i fill my little brain with any more info...it may just explode,lol!!!

i really am a little geeklin arnt i!!!!:hug::hug::cry::cry:
Hey we all started some where hun,
a skill builders course would be great for you to get your times down and improve your application hth

Hey we all started some where hun,
a skill builders course would be great for you to get your times down and improve your application hth

thank you, i have been thinking about doing this but was not sure how long to leave before doing it. I only finished my course in august.
have many of you done this course???

xx

Blimey I was really proud of my certficates as they are my only form of education I have anything to show for (I left school before my O levels)

I have EzFlow certficates for Acrylic, Silk&Fibreglass, Spa manicure and Spa Pedicure. I need to go back to Oslo to get the big diploma that will encapsulate them all.

I want to do the EzFlow gel course when I go back and I am aspiring to CND conversions in what I already have.

erm Ive done ;

NVQ 2 Beauty therapy
NVQ 3 Nail technology

Creative- All brisa and L&P, Spa, One to one and skill building

Waxing
Henna
Noveuo contour lash exstentions
Genie Electrical treatments/derma abrasion
Teeth whitening

I really want to go back to college and finish my beauty (NVQ) tryed to do it this year but it was full so im on the waiting list fo next year. Oh and Im determind to get my Creative grand masters in 2008!

confused
why oslo?
Blimey I was really proud of my certficates as they are my only form of education I have anything to show for (I left school before my O levels)

I have EzFlow certficates for Acrylic, Silk&Fibreglass, Spa manicure and Spa Pedicure. I need to go back to Oslo to get the big diploma that will encapsulate them all.

I want to do the EzFlow gel course when I go back and I am aspiring to CND conversions in what I already have.

confused
why oslo?

I started training there full time because thats where I lived but my child care let me down so I had to switch to the modular course which entails taking all the elements seperately with certificates and then when you have completed them all you take the final exams. I had paid for the full time course by then but had to move to the UK before I finished. Because I had paid for the full time course they have worked around me and I can go back when I want for classroom time and to do the final theory and practical exam for the certificate to cover all the ones I have just now.

We will be moving back at some point and if I am honest I love my school and my tutors and am really looking forward to going back to them.

If that made any sense at all hopefully I explained it :lol: I dont know how the courses work here and haven't asked because I am happy with the school I already have in Oslo. x

Hiya,
This is me:green:

Private Training
May 2003 Creative Foundation(Jane Cooke)
Sept 2003 Creative Individual 1to1 training(Jane Cooke)
Oct 2003 Warm Waxing (Jane Faria)
Nov 2003 Su-Do Body Brishing(Michelle Porter)
Dec 2003 Su-Do Nail Art(Michelle Porter)
May 2004 Creative Advanced 1to2 training(Marco Benito)
July 2004 Creative Conversion Course(Alessandro)
April 2005 Creative Brisa Gel Grand Masters(Marco Benito)
April 2005 Spa Mani & Pedi Grand Masters(Marco Benito)
April 20005 Pre-Masters(Marco Benito)
May 2005 Tip and Troubleshooting(Marco Benito)
Jan 2006 Semi-Permanent makeup Harley Street(Debra Robson-Lawrence)
March 2006 Eyelash perming and Tint(Carol Branson)
march 2006 Lash enhancements(Karen Betts Nouveau Lashes)
April 2006 Semi-permanent makeup Advanced Techniques(Debra Robbson-Lawrence)
May 2007 Intense Pulse Light(IPL)
Oct 2007 Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation CPR(Warwickshire Ambulance Service)
Oct 2007 Intense Pulse Light(IPL) Advanced Procedure and Skin Rejuvenation

I have had a fantastic time meeting and working with some of the most respected people in this industry. I have a passion one day to teach, and give to others what i have gained from these special people.

Jenx
Advanced Beauty Clinic - Warwickshire

i'm new to nails this year so i'm currently doing
VTCT level 2 nail treatments
VTCT Level 2 nail technology

and hopefully one day i'll have a list as long as every one elses! :lol:
i really want to do airbrushing for nails and temp tattoos, and a waxing course and make-up and ear piercing....

i think i'm gonna be addicted to courses soon cause theres so many of them! :)
x

i did mine this year in april i knowthats no excuse for the very few i have but money plays a big part in that!!

NSI foundation in l&p
Spa ritual mani/pedi

but next on my list is a biggy i want to do
beauty therapy nvq 2 & 3 and then add on courses i think would compliment that like reflexology but course i was looking at was nearer £4000 than 3000!!
any one have any previous experience in these nvq's where did you do them cost etc?
thanks in advance!

Hi, Could anyone clarify the differences between the NVQs in nail services/treatments and nail technology for me, please? Is it that the services/treatments are more centred around the practical application and the technology is predominantly more theoretical? I would like to do an NVQ in nails at some point and am a bit confused about what to go for, despite doing searches? :irked:

What would people recommend, please?

Hi, Could anyone clarify the differences between the NVQs in nail services/treatments and nail technology for me, please? Is it that the services/treatments are more centred around the practical application and the technology is predominantly more theoretical? I would like to do an NVQ in nails at some point and am a bit confused about what to go for, despite doing searches? :irked:

What would people recommend, please?
I did VTCT OR VCTC (i forgot haha)
And advanced nail treatments ....was manicure and pedicure..
Advanced nail tecnology was ...artificial nails if I remember correctly,

I had to do manicure and pedicure before being allowed to do the artificial nail course's ....and rightly so lol

I did VTCT OR VCTC (i forgot haha)
And advanced nail treatments ....was manicure and pedicure..
Advanced nail tecnology was ...artificial nails if I remember correctly,

I had to do manicure and pedicure before being allowed to do the artificial nail course's ....and rightly so lol

yeah thats the two courses i'm on this year, nail technology covers the practical and theory of the 3 systems of enhancements.
go to beauty therapy , hairdressing , customer service , keyskills , VTCT qualifications , manicure and make-up , nails , hair removal , theatrical and media make-up , ear piercing , massage , holistic and complementary , health and fitness therapy , sport they should explain what the qualifications are x

I went back to do my beauty/massage studies back in 2013. Before that I studied Journalism at uni, got an FdA in Journalism and also BA Hon in Journalism and news practise. Strange going from one to the other I know.

So I did:-
VTCT level 2 beauty therapy (mani, pedi, eye treatments, waxing, facials and make up)

Day courses same year as level 2:-
Sienna X spray tanning
Gel polish application
A day course for acrylic nails
Nail art

VTCT level 3 massage therapy (pre blended aromatherapy massage, body massage, Indian Head massage, hot/cold stone massage and Electrical facials)

Currently finishing off level 3 Reflexology

Training at Bannatyne's
Lava shell massage
Lava wellness

And going to start aromatherapy (need to do the blending the oils so fingers crossed not a whole year just few months)

And next year hopefully start level 3 sports massage and then followed by level 4 sports massage

I started off just after qualifying level 3 working in a nail salon which did beauty treatments as well. Was there for about 9/10 months. Left there did and maternity cover in a salon where I did everything nails, massage waxing etc. Was there for 3/4 months

While I was studying my level 3 I became a volunteer at my local hospital where I went on to the wards and did nails and then once had my level 3 certificate I did massage as well. One day a week.

At the same time as starting in the salon (maternity cover this year) I got offered a job at a Bannatyne Spa. And then in the June this year I got offered a position as a complementary therapist at the hospital where I'd been volunteering for a year.

So now I work half in the spa and the other have at the hospital. I love both very much but see me ending up hopfully at the hospital long term.

So hard work does pay off and you will get to where you want to be in the end.

Latest posts

Back