what cream to reduce pigmentation from sun?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

applepie

Reaction score
I am looking for recommendations for a cream to use for myself please.

Just got back from a lovely holiday in Lanzarote and despite wearing a wide brim hat, sunglasses and spf still managed to get a little bit of brown pigmentation on the tips of my cheekbones. This seems to happen to me on holidays the last few years despite my pre-cautions and usually the same area - age I guess! (am 41). Am going to search for some gi-normous sunglassses for next year!

I use Monu for my salon and have a sample to try of their AHA NIGHT CREAM but wonder if anyone can recommend a more specific cream particularly aimed at reversing these types of sun damage please?

Pigmented skin is quite tricky so hope you get some good advice
I get it quite badly and get quite distressed at times.
It depends if its sun damage or hormonal.

There are skin lighteners which do work but they lighten the skin around the dark skin too
I asled about IPL laser but because its not sun damage with me but hormonal they say it won't get rid.
Skin peels might help but have it done in winter months and protect new delicate skin
A skin expert told me to layer sun block and use the mineral make up and sun block.
Keep the sun off your face (like Joan Collins)

Dermalogica do a range to reduce pigmentation. Also microdermabrasion will help.

I use Nimue's range for hyperpigmented skin including a day fader and night fader and it does work. However, if you continue to go into the sun without a decent spf on, you would be wasting your time trying to treat it as it will reappear.

There will be other professional ranges with products for hyperpigmentation also.

I also agree with persianista that MDA will help.

Obagi clarifying serum works, it contains 4% hydroquinone (which is an acceptable level) but it is only available on prescription.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. Will have a look at the all now.
(Just to reiterate - I did use a high facial spf to try and prevent this happening :cry:)

Any more recs would be great too. Thanks again.

Hi Dermalogica chromowhite is really really good for pigmentation, use it with the daily microfolliant. I would start something as soon as you can asits new pigmentation , which can deepen without sunblock over it, Also as mentioned microdermabrasion works brill also.

I would highly recommend the Dermalogica Chromawhite range targeting hyperpigmentation.

Chromawhite range includes cleanser, exfoliator, day and night creams and serums, which when used as recommended by your skin care therapist will inhibit melanin production, which helps to reduce the appearance of pigmentation. The range will also brighten the skin and even out your skin tone, to give you a youthful complexion.

There are also Chromawhite facial courses that you could undertake, depending upon the level of prigmentation.

Oligopeptide 34 & Niacinamide are the key ingredients you should make sure are contained in your skin care products which will prepare, prevent and protect your skin against further damage.
I hope this helps

Dermalogica Skincare Products Online|Authorised UK Stockist Home |Time Of Life

Latest posts

Back