What do you all think??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonkers

Reaction score
I did a spray tan party the other night and a girl there was asking lots of questions, i answered all of them, anyway she then started saying she did nails, as soon as she said that i knew what was coming, i asked where she trained, she said she taught herself with the rio kit from argos and now charges people 25 pound a set, i was furious, as a professional nail technician i paid a fortune for my training, i have insurance and i use proper products, i asked her how she went with insurance she didnt have a clue what insurance was and i asked where she got her products she said sallys but they doing her head in asking for certificates and could i get her some! i was like no way sorry. she then even had the cheek to critisise my nails and say her were much nicer and not built up like that, i admit when i do my own nails they are no where near as nice or as good as a clients cos i am rubbish at doing my own, same as when i spray tan myself , lol. but my nails were actually pretty good for me doing them myself and not at all thick just built up in the right place and to say they had been on 2 weeks no lifting just started to need an infil (my nails grow slow).

sorry for my rant but seriously she was also trying to steal my spray tan customers saying she would buy a kit and do it cheaper. grrrrrr!

You will always come across people like this, just raise above, you know you are better and have all the right training and insurance. When she does something wrong and a client sues her then you can say told you so. An old school friend of mine has done the same and she laught at me for spending loads on the right training and insurance but I know that what I do is good and I use quality products and that is what you have to think and just carry on doing great nails. hth. xxx

rise above it, there is always one person like that wherever you will go and by maintaining your proffesionalism as you did , you showed that you are the professional and not her.

tigi

good on you doll for keeping your head... your a real pro.. xx

Latest posts

Back