What do you call yourself when people ask what do you do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsadie

Reaction score
I only ask this because although Acrylic Nail Enhancements are going to be my primary business, I will also be offering waxing and tanning once I have done my training for these too.

If I was just doing acrylics, I would say, "I'm a Nail Technician", but if I add waxing and tanning too, I wouldn't class myself as a Beauty Therapist because I'm not, so what would I be? A Nail Tech who does waxing and tanning?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Sarah. xx

Hi there

I call myself a holistic and beauty therapist or just say im, a beutician that can do aromatherapy reflexology, reiki,,, i like to call myself more as a beautician, only coz it sounds better and bit more posh lol:)

I Call Myself Hair And Beauty Therapist

mmmmmm know what you mean Nail stylist trips out quiet nicely but when you start adding bits but don't do it all its a bit harder to find a title thats not misleading. Skin therapist? beauty therapist? Its either that or add makeup in to and jump for beautician :lol:

I call myself an holistic therapist or complementary therapist. If they still look none the wiser, I say "I do massage".

I think you will be prepared for a lengthy title,

nail tech with beauty?

beauty therapist - ive found that calling yourself a beautician cungers (sp) up dim blondes - i am blonde - be it out of a bottle - but BEAUTY THERAPIST sounds better imo

"Estheticienne".....i like to throw people off balance...:lol:

Otherwise,i practice the esthetic's of beauty therapy....seeing peoples reactions can be amusing....oh how wicked am i:!:

But,never,never beautician:eek:

^I can't even pronounce that lol!

How about a Waxing & Tanning Therapist and Nail Technician? Bit of a mouthfull but it tells them exactly what you do.

At the moment I class myself as a Hair & Makeup Artist and Nail Technician, but I'm doing some diffferent courses this month so i'm going to have to re-think it.

Hey peterpan

I call myself a beautician as it sounds more proffessional imo

and i aint a dumb blonde, i aint even blonde so really your not a true blonde then so by putting a bottle on your head makes u look like a dumb blonde imp

I know what you mean about being called a beautician...(1970s-80s)to me it sounds old fashioned (sorry jmo)...I prefer to be called a BEAUTY THERAPIST...it just sounds more modern and up to date:)

I just plump for beauty therapist and nail technitian:green:

I know what you mean about being called a beautician...(1970s-80s)to me it sounds old fashioned (sorry jmo)...I prefer to be called a BEAUTY THERAPIST...it just sounds more modern and up to date:)

i have to agree with you, to me Beautician means 60's,70's with American tan tights and petticoats abit like the Clinique girls in the Department store i use... no offense to anyone lol! :green:

i must say good thread as i have trouble deciding what i am??

i like to say nail tech, makeup artist ect.. but by saying everything on it's own it takes to long but then i don't think nails, makeup, eye treatments and facials is enough to be called a Beauty therapist i don't know :confused:

A nails, beauty & holistic therapist. :)

I am a BEAUTY THERAPIST.:green:

At college our tutor told us that a beautician was someone who worked behind one of the counters in departments stores and who hadn't spent years training to qualify! So I definitely am not one of them. :lol:

I call myself a Nail Technician ........... But ive been called worse lol lol

Hmmm. Thanks for all the replies girls, some of them are great (if a little lengthy!) I think for now I will just say I'm a Nail Tech and I also provide a waxing and tanning service :green:

I don't class myself as a Holistic, Beautician :), or Beauty Therapist as I haven't done what I consider to be enough training in the right areas to call myself these things, I don't have that right (yet!)

Once I have had enough experience and progress onto other courses I want to do such as Hot Stones Therapy, Massage etc. then I would consider calling myself a Holistic Therapist. What do you think of that title?

xx

I also do waxing, tanning, make up amd nails so I call my self a nail & beauty stylist! As I think it sums up wot I do

Latest posts

Back