What do you dislike about Christmas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Despite have 2 kids.... Xmas has never meant a lot to me.

Childhood = I never remember the good stuff, being excited I got new toys etc - only ever my parents stressing, arguing, fake smiles and then as soon as the presents were opened they ignored us.

Teenage years = my mum left when I was 10, my dad brought us up, so have no fond memories. He tried but was stressed with 3 kids. He also made a big point of separating our gifts - one pile from him and another from my mum and it ruined it as my mum had a bit more money so it was as if he was making a point of him having no money.

Now = I'm married (only just, we are separating) with 2 kids. I try my hardest and it's never stressful as we don't have family nearby so no big dinner to make. We only buy for our kids and our nephews, so no worries money wise compared to what other people have to spend!!
But I just can't seem to shake off the negative feeling I have towards the day. Wish I could pinpoint what exactly it is so I could banish it.
I still shy off for about half an hour - my husband leaves me to it. And then back to trying my best for the kids.

Hate it .... Bah humbug = but I really want to enjoy it!!!!!xx

Christmas has been a magical time for me since the birth of my son 22 year ago. Six months ago, he and his girlfriend, both in college, decided to share an apartment. He told me that they will be spending Christmas in their own place this year. He won't be coming home for Christmas.

I don't even feel like putting up a tree.

Last edited:
Christmas has been a magical time for me since the birth of my son 22 year ago. Six months he and his girlfriend, both in college, decided to share an apartment. He told me that they will be spending Christmas in their own place this year. He won't be coming home for Christmas.

I don't even feel like putting up a tree.

:hug: to you. I so know how you feel...

The thing that gets my goat about Christmas, is every bloody year, that fat guy in the red suit tries to wedge himself down our tiny chimney. And every year we have to call the fire service to get him out.

Three years running now we've left the patio doors unlocked for him and left a note. does he take any notice, does he heck.

The fire service tried to refuse helping last year. They said 'didn't he learn from the last 26 times?'. No. He didn't. He has alot on his mind, and I do suppose all those chimneys start looking the same after a while... Although I do wonder if he has some sort of body dysmorphia, to think for even a millisecond that he can fit that belly down my chimney!

:wink2:

Last edited:
Stress of what to get for presents

Stress of how to pay for presents

Stress of finding a damn parking space while going to buy presents

Crowds of people while food shopping while I'm trying to get round with my 1 trolley and they have 2 or 3 and shop like Armageddon is coming!

These are mine. I try and avoid the shops at all costs around xmas time. There are far too many people and they all mill around and it's hard to get past them...arggghhhh...

Oh, and the xmas carols that play over and over and over and over and over and over.....

Childhood = I never remember the good stuff, being excited I got new toys etc - only ever my parents stressing, arguing, fake smiles and then as soon as the presents were opened they ignored us.

Teenage years = my mum left when I was 10, my dad brought us up, so have no fond memories. He tried but was stressed with 3 kids. He also made a big point of separating our gifts - one pile from him and another from my mum and it ruined it as my mum had a bit more money so it was as if he was making a point of him having no money.

Now = I'm married (only just, we are separating) with 2 kids. I try my hardest and it's never stressful as we don't have family nearby so no big dinner to make. We only buy for our kids and our nephews, so no worries money wise compared to what other people have to spend!!
But I just can't seem to shake off the negative feeling I have towards the day. Wish I could pinpoint what exactly it is so I could banish it.
I still shy off for about half an hour - my husband leaves me to it. And then back to trying my best for the kids.

:-(

Big hug x

Now = I'm married (only just, we are separating) with 2 kids. I try my hardest and it's never stressful as we don't have family nearby so no big dinner to
make. We only buy for our kids and our nephews, so no worries money wise compared to what other people have to spend!!

Mine was the same Hun but I thought I'm going to do it different and get to like it make myself like it and it worked eventually :lol: especially coz I have a lil gal she makes me like it :wink2:

For me, it's having the same conversation about Christmas with customers, working so hard & long hours on the run up2 Christmas, come Christmas day yr exhausted & can't b bothered!

The thing that gets my goat about Christmas, is every bloody year, that fat guy in the red suit tries to wedge himself down our tiny chimney.

Fat Bastard!

Lol coffee sprayed everywhere xxx

My brothers and I agreed some years ago that the stress of Christmas was taking the joy out of the holiday and was completely ridiculous. We decided to streamline it.

Since we are all older now and pretty much have everything we want and need, we decided to just purchase gifts for the kids. I have two brothers and we each have one child so it's super easy. Now that they're older (22, 18 and 13), cash is king and that's all they want.

It's fine it was my iPhone, it wiped lol xx

See, in America, things are different. If we see some fat bastard in red trying to shimmy down our chimney, we bust a cap in his fat red a**.

I love how you censor ass but carry on with the b word Tammie hahahaha xx

Sometimes I wish I could go to bed on Halloween and wake up Jan. 2!

Me too , actually wish I could hibernate from Halloween until the 1st of April .

I also hate that I have to buy pressies for people who always give me second hand pressies and think I don't realise it.

The only good thing about Xmas is watching my kids open their pressies and thinking that Santa has really been, (Powdered footprints usually does the trick.)
I would love to cook Xmas dinner and for someone else to clear it all up after so that I could watch a chrissy movie from start to finish for a change with my babies under each arm and snow falling out side and a roaring fire in front of me.
As that very reerly happens , I have to grin and bear it for the childrens sake , and either wait for the Spring or hope it might snow .
:)

Latest posts

Back