What do you lie to your doctor about?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catsaremad

Reaction score
Been to the docs today to get some test results.Usual questions do you smoke yes said I do you drink yes said I do you do any exercise no said I and then the multi million dollar question do you eat healthily get enought fruit and veg ? And without a shade of embarresment I said oh yes doctor..........well this is true if only cheese was both a fruit and a vegtable ! So I lied silly elf ! What do you lie to your doctor about ?
Posted via Mobile Device

I never go to the doctors-lol
Well i went a couple of months ago when i found a lump but that was the first time in about 12 years. Apart from having going to the docs when i was pregnant, i can only remember going once maybe twice in 20 years!
It's full of sick people you know? You can catch all sorts in a doctors surgery :eek:

I always lie when they say 'how much do you smoke' Its really silly that they lecture you in a way because then you are forced to lie to avoid it and it could be important. Most of them are not saints anyway! xxx

Know thats the one thing I dont lie about is my smoking ! And they then go onto why do you smoke ! ( My next comment is not intended to insult or hurt anyone) and i reply because i dont want to put 4 stone on again ( which is what i did last time i stopped smoking) which is ironic really considering !!!
Posted via Mobile Device

I never go to the docs either. And I've also gained near 4st since quitting the fegs, never lied to my doc about them though when I have been in the past, honesty is the best policy lol x

I always lie and say I DON'T SMOKE,,,,only thing is I have asthma and it been really bad the past few years and I end up having to have steriods so I have to lie I don't think they would feel sorry for me if they knew that I smoked. I no longer smoke now I quit in January and my asthma has been alot better lol. Maybe if I had told the truth I would have quit sooner lol:lol:

Been to the docs today to get some test results.Usual questions do you smoke yes said I do you drink yes said I do you do any exercise no said I and then the multi million dollar question do you eat healthily get enought fruit and veg ? And without a shade of embarresment I said oh yes doctor..........well this is true if only cheese was both a fruit and a vegtable ! So I lied silly elf ! What do you lie to your doctor about ?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ive only been to the doctors twice in like 10 years and then only for minor issues so unfortunately a bit boring as nothing to really lie about:irked::lol::lol:

My doctor is well clued up....I don't go very often but the last time i went he asked how many i smoked...I said about 10 and he said "thats about 20 then"...and laughed saying that all smokers at least half the amount they smoke when asked by a doctor...:lol:

My doctor is well clued up....I don't go very often but the last time i went he asked how many i smoked...I said about 10 and he said "thats about 20 then"...and laughed saying that all smokers at least half the amount they smoke when asked by a doctor...:lol:

Its true...Doctors are no fools and have heard it all before and of course can see for themselves if you healthy and fit.

That said we still lie don't we :eek:

I lied to my docs after i broke my back, I told them i had an office job and could they sign my return to work form, in reality i was a live cable jointer working on electricity mains ,that involved digging huge holes and been bent over stood on a rubber matt in rubber gloves to stop my self from getting killed :irked::irked: i was also climbing pylons and erecting wood pole lines
all really heavy hard work!
i was on full pay sat at home!!!
I Just missed my mates :hug::hug:

Yup :) I lie to the docs every time I go and he gives me that darn mental health questionairre!!! I want to tell him that I still have more bad days than good but I know the past that follows when he realises the tablets don't work very well :(

I also lie and tell him I only smoke a few a day lmao ;)

I haven't had a question i needed to lie about yet, lol

I have been quite insulted by a female doctor though. When i was 16 i went to get the contraceptive pill and she was really rude asking how many people i slept with on a daily basis using a "tone" iykwim.

I was shy then, now i think i'd say 12 and see what reaction i got, ha ha

Lol PMSL how very rude !!!! However as Iam know officially past it it would be very funny if my dr asked me how many people I was sleeping with on. Daily basis !
Posted via Mobile Device

There must be something wrong with me cos I have never lied to my doctor, I even told her that I have come of my tablets, this was a big no no as far as my doctor was concerned. I came off them cos they were causing me too many physical problems (major weight gain causing secondary health issues). I knew i didnt need them any more and I was sick of feeling ill all the time, 3 months on any side effects? Nope. But I am loosing weight and I havnt had the dreaded cellulitus since I stopped them. Sometimes I think we know our own bodies best.

However, when my mums health deteriorated really badly and she was really adament that I shouldnt call the doctor, I rung and begged them to lie and pretend that they came out of the blue. Bless her the GP did as I asked and my mum was none the wiser, believe me she wouldnt have spoken to me for days if she had known. It was good job that I did cos from that point on I had nursing care and carers to help me.

Regarding the smoking issue, I have heard that GP's earn extra money from the government (probably for the surgery, not sure) if they manage to get smokers to quit.

anne xx

I never go doctors (never ill) last time I went was about 20 years ago. I lied about my fag habit ( I'm a 40 a day girl) As I've not been ill for 20 years I can only assume that my fag and coffee regime (very nutricious) isn't really doing me much harm.
My elderly mum chain smokes, and once smoked so much in my house that my white persian turned yellow and had to be bathed. Hubby went mad. All windows open now when mum visits!

Latest posts

Back