What foundation do you use on yourself?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrea27

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I desperately need a new and good quality foundation. One that doesn't come off in couple of hours, gives you great coverage and still looks natural.
I have been using Maybelline but it doesn't last long and I am not very happy with the quality of it.
Can anyone recommend a good foundation ?
Thank you

I use MAC studio fix on clients and myself, Always use a primer that helps it also depends what skin type you are xoxo

I use No7 Mineral Foundation.
Im the same, i like good coverage without looking cakey. I use tinted moisturiser in summer then move to this in winter. Stays on all day well, but i also use a primer so that helps. It does look really natural and at the counters they do a great match.

Airbase foundation number 2

Jacqui xx

Jessica Mii Mineral Foundation - I have psoriasis so need excellent coverage which lasts as this does.

Thank you :lol: Can I ask a really silly question - I 've never used a primer before, do you put it on after the moisturiser? Also, does the primer has to be the same brand as the foundation?

Primer on first.

As with most things its probably best to stay within the brand but I have used primers with other products and not had a problem.

Jacqui xx

Sorry, I am having a blonde moment - so would you put on the primer, moisturiser and then the foundation ?

moisturiser, primer then foundation x

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation, best I have ever tried, I am 54 and have been wearing foundation for 40 years now!

Moisturiser, primer, foundation. :wink2:

Im with shedunlop el double wear is amazing xxx and doesn't look white on photos

Another vote for Estee Lauder double wear! .. If you go to the Estee Lauder counter they will match your colour and you can get a free sample pot so that you can try it out before you buy it :) .. The sample will last you about a week, so will give you the chance to see if you like it and to ensure it lasts all day for you :)
Let us know which you decide on :)

ditto Estee Lauder DW. I've been 30 years finding my perfect foundation and this is it

No 7 stay perfect, lasts for ages and great colouring too. I then sweep no 7 translucent powder over my whole face which seals in foundation and stops it sliding off.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Double wear again!! Its amazing cant live without it!!!:biggrin:

Double Wear and Double Wear Light. I switch between them depending on how I'm feeling or what I've got on that day.

same here, I'm a Estee Lauder Doublewear girl too

There is a cosmetics review site thats brilliant called makeupally they list just about every cosmetic/skin/beauty thing going and people rate them and review, really interesting and quite surprising to see whats top rated and whats not.

Doublewear for me!

Jane Iredale H/E Number 2.

Thanks to the FABBY geeks on here, I am now an Estee Lauder Double Wear Light gal. OMG...what a HUGE difference. I LOVE it! :)

Latest posts

Back