What Gelish colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone got the official word from NH about mixing colours? If not, I'll email them and ask.

I'm trying to recreate my favourite discontinued OPI polish 'Grape wall of China' and yesterday mixed two colours that came out exactly like it straight away. It'll be for me and my toes in the summer, if I can get something to store it in once it's made up properly.

Really quite annoyed :-( had a new order delivered. Was excited to open Cocktail Party Drama only to find its neatly identical to Diva & Bellas Vampire!!! Why???!!! It looks so different on the pic ;-(

I love them all!! The light green is very much like Seafoam. Could you put the swatches together so we can compare the two? xx

Picture from purseforum with Mint of spring & Seafoam as well as few others

Has anyone got the official word from NH about mixing colours? If not, I'll email them and ask

The official word from NH on mixing is "don't do it". They mention a variety of issues including fading & incomplete curing. Layering yes, mixing no.

Jessica condone & teach custom blending. Their gel formula is almost identical & the ingredients list is the same. I routinely custom blend gelish & have never encountered any adverse effects. Every "recipe" I've created I test on swatch sticks for weeks to make sure there is no colour change etc. However, I am breaking the rules - but I've always been a rule breaker :lol:

I have never tried to mix up colours in batches & keep for months. I make a 8- 10 drop "dose" dependent on nail length which is enough to do a set of nails with a little spare. I've read regularly that others have altered whole bottles & stored though so don't see why there would be a problem.

The official word from NH on mixing is "don't do it". They mention a variety of issues including fading & incomplete curing. Layering yes, mixing no.

Jessica condone & teach custom blending. Their gel formula is almost identical & the ingredients list is the same. I routinely custom blend gelish & have never encountered any adverse effects. Every "recipe" I've created I test on swatch sticks for weeks to make sure there is no colour change etc. However, I am breaking the rules - but I've always been a rule breaker :lol:

I have never tried to mix up colours in batches & keep for months. I make a 8- 10 drop "dose" dependent on nail length which is enough to do a set of nails with a little spare. I've read regularly that others have altered whole bottles & stored though so don't see why there would be a problem.

I'm the same as you, make sure the colour is ok to use on a pop & myself, then only mix what I need when the client asks for it.

Never had any issues with mixing as long as its cured for the right/a little extra time.

2050889d1360028202-gelish-swatches-only-image-236515975.jpg

From Left to Right:

Sweet Morning Dew
A Petal for Your Thoughts
All Dahlia-ed Up
He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not
Golden Teal Party
A Mint of Spring

Just seen on the Harmony Facebook page that these will be available online tonight at 8pm - Yay, will be ordering mine at 8.05pm!

Completely off subject but ... Did you see their post on fb of the prototypes for the fab new wall racks !!! Amazing

Picture from purseforum with Mint of spring & Seafoam as well as few others

Love mint of spring... Bit greener than seafoam, very pretty x

I think I'm going to order 3 of them (to start with anyway :-/)
Sweet Morning Dew
All Dahila-ed Up
He Loves Me He Loves me not

I think the others look like similar Gelish colours so I'd be interested to see some swatches to compare :)

Completely off subject but ... Did you see their post on fb of the prototypes for the fab new wall racks !!! Amazing

I saw that! They look awesome! Can't wait :)

Thanks for this. The only reason I am interested is to recreate an OPI polish shade that is discontinued so that I can wear it on my toes in the summer. I managed to create the exact shade with the most tiny drop of additional colour added to It's a Lily.

I am going to take a colour pop with me to Pro Beauty though and try and find a match either with Gelsih or ACG, so may not even have to consider going against the rules.

Hi all,
I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with their gelish led lamp?
As I'm now on my third - yes third!!! - one in 11 months and it has just broken again, causing great inconvenience to me and my clients!
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Hi all,
I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with their gelish led lamp?
As I'm now on my third - yes third!!! - one in 11 months and it has just broken again, causing great inconvenience to me and my clients!
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Which one of the LED lamps do you have?

Hi Hun, I just used Big City Siren on self for Valentines...I find my clients often choose what I am wearing! Lovely red/sparkle. Also love Oocha Coocha Bing Bam Bong...shimmery sparkly blue...good for those prom nails.
Happy painting Janx

Here's some lovely comparison swatches chickettes made on the love in bloom collection:

Here's some lovely comparison swatches chickettes made on the love in bloom collection:

Thanks for that, very helpful. Mint of spring is looking lush! xx

sorry if someone has said this already, but has anyone brought emarald dust? in the gelish photo it was silver. used it on a client today and it was like a clear with a bit of silver glitter. and to cover it up with another colour then put emerald dust on top. wasnt very happy :( can anyone tell me how i would get the colour to come out or look like it does in the photo?

thanks

Hi Geeks

I'm thinking of ordering the following colours, any views? Are there problems with any of these colours? Are any hideous lol? Are any very similar to other colours?

Cashmere Kind of Gal
Seafoam
Need a Tan
Elegant Wish
Queen of Hearts
Shake it Til you Samba

Thanks

xxxx

Latest posts

Back