What grinds your gears?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate the 'Where you are going?' Just general nosiness really grinds my gears...

I have a major issue with people coming and sitting right next to me on public transport when there are hundreds of empty seats! :|
X

When people are like amature politicians for example, "think how much that costs the governmnet" or complain about people claiming tax credit etc. Sorry but if you are that wound up and worried about the way the country is run, why did you not go into poltics/economics. And another thing I always think about is when they complain about how crap england is, now im not patriotic at all if I had the chance to move to sunny spain, believe me I would lol. But when you see starving kids on the TV forced in to prostitution etc, i feel happy im sat here on my computer or doing a job I DECIDED to do- not one I was forced into etc. Look on the bright side! I can understand people complaining about it if they are loosing their job or house, complaining about their own money or problems is understandable, but when all people want to do is critisise other people/the country they live in when they are doing perfectly fine -eg still affording nice stuff and holidays/in good health, why are you complaining! x

Another one that gets me is
my mum or nan- "whose hair are you doing today?"
me-"Angela"
M or N- "oh right, who is Angela?"
Why does it matter?! I could tell you her last name, inside leg measurement, bra size, etc and you still won't know who she is!

People spraying loads of fly spray...for one fly -.- you only need a bit god damnit!

aaaaaaaah I'm changing my name!!

I remember my mom saying this to us when we were little.. except she wouldn't tell us what she'd changed it to and said she wouldn't respond til we'd figured it out! haha!

people who say "pacifically"... its SPECIFICALLY! idiots :( and my ultimate pet hate of the moment is people writing "much?" or "how much" under a photo of hair/nails/clothing on facebook. It's not difficult to compose a complete sentence! x

Mines is same as above lol writing much /much do you take ... I just want to write ... Loads lol x

I hate when people say 'are you sure?' classic example; when you can't find something, 'Ive looked in (lets say a drawer) where I keep it, it's not there'

'are you sure?'

It's a drawer! I looked it's not there, how big is a drawer?! Not big so unless it found another way to Narnia it's definitely not. In. That. Drawer!

I hate people who waste my g*d damn time with the boring minutia/details of their everyday existence.

Hey people...I know I'm your captive audience while I'm doing your nails, but seriously, give me a freakin' break! I don't care that you chose a bagel over cereal for breakfast and that your stupid dog is constipated.

Jeezuz!

In my mind while I'm listening to you, I'm slitting my wrists. Your hear me? I'm....slitting....my....wrists.

people who say "pacifically"... its SPECIFICALLY! idiots :( and my ultimate pet hate of the moment is people writing "much?" or "how much" under a photo of hair/nails/clothing on facebook. It's not difficult to compose a complete sentence! x

I always thought that was a joke, but I saw it written on this very forum in hair, not too long ago. I thought it was a joke! Clearly not :(

I have another one - and it really grates on me - the use of the word "mom" when you're not American. See it loads on FB - that REALLY gets on my wick :( It's mum isn't it?!!

If the phone rings my OH looks at me and asks "Who's that?"
I'm glad he recognises my high level of intelligence :p, but I'm not THAT clever.

If the phone rings my OH looks at me and asks "Who's that?"
I'm glad he recognises my high level of intelligence :p, but I'm not THAT clever.

Psychic or Psycho?

I

I have another one - and it really grates on me - the use of the word "mom" when you're not American. See it loads on FB - that REALLY gets on my wick :( It's mum isn't it?!!

Whoops :/

grrr chimley instead of chimney - it's not that fricking hard is it?

Whoops :/

LOL! :D I think I meant more my friends, as I know none of them are American, it really gets my back up.

Another one that gets me is
my mum or nan- "whose hair are you doing today?"
me-"Angela"
M or N- "oh right, who is Angela?"
Why does it matter?! I could tell you her last name, inside leg measurement, bra size, etc and you still won't know who she is!

I Love this one! This is my 11 yr old daughter to a T! I'm going to just repeat

This line to her! :)

I always thought that was a joke, but I saw it written on this very forum in hair, not too long ago. I thought it was a joke! Clearly not :(

Isn't MUM a deodorant? LOL
I think most other english speaking countries use the word Mom, my husband used to laugh at me for calling my mother Mom or Mommy. Unfortunately us foreigners do spell things a little different,

One of my pet hates is foreigners saying " When we were back home " and then telling how fabulous everything is over there and how horrible things are over here. GO HOME THEN!!!!! Drives me nuts. We had a lot of Rhodesians do this in South Africa and used to call them whenwe's, now in the UK we have a multitude of foreign residents and so many are guilty of it. Apreciate living in a country where you can happily walk your dog or your child without having to carry a gun for protection, you dont have to have bars on your windows and doors and you don't have to pay an armed response security company to protect you in your home behind 8ft electric fences!!!! All this so you can have a swimming pool, nice weather and servants?

Rant over

Latest posts

Back