What grinds your gears?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my husband is a 'talker' who rarely stops to hear a response and interrupts his own flow with 'do you know what I mean?' constantly. I want to reply - 'NO I DON'T BECAUSE I STOPPED LISTENING TO YOU 45 MINUTES AGO!!!!'

i do love him, but sometimes hanker after one of those 'my husband never talks to me' types - just for maybe one day a week?:(

my son has developed an amusing saying 'i knew that' - which he says after every thing he didn't know, i do find it quite funny still and even play this game myself sometimes - try it:D

Isn't MUM a deodorant? LOL
I think most other english speaking countries use the word Mom, my husband used to laugh at me for calling my mother Mom or Mommy. Unfortunately us foreigners do spell things a little different,

Ha do they still make it? That's a blast from past!
Again, I think more about my friends, who I know aren't American so why they use mom I don't know.
But see your point about people outside UK not using it!

Last edited:
I hate holding a door open for someone who will stroll pass me without saying thanks:(x

I hate holding a door open for someone who will stroll pass me without saying thanks:(x

Oh yes, I HATE that too. I always shout MY PLEASURE at them. Until they they turn around and look embarrassed.

I have a lot of car related rage too :-(

First, car drivers - who waiting and waiting then pulling out in front of your so you brake and then they proceed to drive at 2 miles hour in front of you after pulling out the junction like Lewis Hamilton.

And people not using their indicators - they're not optional extras they come free with the car USE THEM!! They're also not hangers for your bloody magic tree air-fresh! As you can tell that one really makes me angry!

People who bump into you and dont say sorry- to which I shout at them excuse me!!!

Also when my little girl has a brat attack in a public place such as tesco and people stare and stare and it makes me so so angry that I shout at them - yes! What are you looking at. Have you never seen a child have a tantrum before! At that point im livid because Isabella is a pain in the ass and people stare!

Also, when I tell my boyfriend something he wouldn't actually know and he says yeah I know that!! No you didn't!!! So now I ask him it as a question to see if he knows and he doesn't! Ha!

Stupid drivers who cut me up but then proceed to drive 10mph in front of me so they get me up their bum!

When people walk a snails pace in front of! Move out the way people I have places to be!!!

When people just stop and chat in town at the busiest spot so you walk into them! Move! Gosh I'm a very angry person!

God there are so many but I would be here forever! X

People who bump into you and dont say sorry- to which I shout at them excuse me!!!

Also when my little girl has a brat attack in a public place such as tesco and people stare and stare and it makes me so so angry that I shout at them - yes! What are you looking at. Have you never seen a child have a tantrum before! At that point im livid because Isabella is a pain in the ass and people stare!

Also, when I tell my boyfriend something he wouldn't actually know and he says yeah I know that!! No you didn't!!! So now I ask him it as a question to see if he knows and he doesn't! Ha!

Stupid drivers who cut me up but then proceed to drive 10mph in front of me so they get me up their bum!

When people walk a snails pace in front of! Move out the way people I have places to be!!!

When people just stop and chat in town at the busiest spot so you walk into them! Move! Gosh I'm a very angry person!

God there are so many but I would be here forever! X

like peas in a pod, I suffer every one of these too.

I hate hate when people park in parent and child spaces with no kids or instead of a disabled bay, now my brother was disabled and I understand how important these spaces are and would NEVER park in one, however it's the old people who just park in parent and child even though there are empty disabled spaces! I have a one year old and two year old so the closer I can park to the door the better as I have to carry one and hold onto the other as well grrrrrr rant over lol x

People parking in mother and baby spaces infuriates me! I saw 2 women do this in a car park once and it meant i had 2 park right up the other end with my two babies. I wasnt impressed and I had a few choice words for the ignorant woman :)

Oh god i love this thread.... such a release!

Husband comes home makes himself something to eat and leaves the kitchen cupboard doors open. Er Mr h why can't you shut the doors after you've been in them? Relax im going back for more in a minute!!

Lose change, keys, wallet, phone left all over the side.... Aaaarrrrggghhh!

Indecisive people- just make a bloody decision its not hard!!

Cyclists.

Motorists overtaking cyclists head on to my car... Just wait!

The way my husband presses the computer keyboard (just press the key then move on to the next quickly) and the way he dances the mouse around the screen to click on something that the cursor was already on in the first place.

People (my sister) who reminds me of all the things i did to her as a little sister from the age of 4-15 years.... Get over it i cant remember what i did last week let alone over 15 years ago.

God im gonna have to stop i could go on for hours.... The rage!! ;)

Why oh why did i speak too soon! Just been to tesco, a lady pushed my trolly out the way to get some jimmys and i said excuse would be nice! her reply "aye well it works both ways love" to which i said "yes well i can easy move had you asked" then i walked of and said manners cost nothing and spent the rest of shopping hiding round tesco:irked:!!!

Mines is same as above lol writing much /much do you take ... I just want to write ... Loads lol x

Lol you have to at some point.

Mine is going out to town or a party or somewhere I want to let my hair down and have a good time ad forget work, the. Someone comes over and says "oh that person said your a hairdresser, what do you think I should have done? My hairdresser uses x products?" unless you are going to be my client I couldn't give a flying! I just have to bite my tongue and tell them "if you want to give me a call on xxxxxxxxxxx when I'm working next I can pop around and go through everything ad do it at the same time" they never phone lol.

I hate people driving stupidly, and I been like I'm a child at them, but it annoys my other drivers who don't beeb at stupid drivers so I have to reach over and do it,

Kids walking on the road with their parent on the path great parenting!

That one streetlight that must come on later than the rest,

someone rushing to the checkout witha full trolley while you have all your items in one hand "the supermarkets 24 hours, I don't think you will be locked in"

The manic stampede past you when the supermarket says reductions on isle x,

That person who always has to be In sight at a restraunt who has food all over them and insists on eating with their mouth open.

Flies repeatedly bashing into windows, it's not going to open so just go through the door!

When you have been waiting for a lift, the doors open and the person inside presses the shut button before you get in.

Staff smoking right outside the front where they work (I smoke and always demanded my staff went round the back like I did or it was a verbal warning)

People who have something vile and say i had to get it, it was a bargain then have nowhere for it or dont use it (wasnt really a bargain as much as a waste of money)

Parents who let their kids scream mum over and over again before acknowledging them.

Cars with music so loud I can hear it over my headphones.

People walking with music playing on their phone in their picket, I don't want to hear your rubbish music!

I must be one angry person lol, now breath and put all that back away and let it out when someone annoys you again xoxo

Why oh why did i speak too soon! Just been to tesco, a lady pushed my trolly out the way to get some jimmys and i said excuse would be nice! her reply "aye well it works both ways love" to which i said "yes well i can easy move had you asked" then i walked of and said manners cost nothing and spent the rest of shopping hiding round tesco:irked:!!!

That's where I would have made it my mission to get in her way all the way through her shopping lol. I go around twice anyway so wouldn't have been a problem for me xoxo

Lol you have to at some point.

Mine is going out to town or a party or somewhere I want to let my hair down and have a good time ad forget work, the. Someone comes over and says "oh that person said your a hairdresser, what do you think I should have done? My hairdresser uses x products?" unless you are going to be my client I couldn't give a flying! I just have to bite my tongue and tell them "if you want to give me a call on xxxxxxxxxxx when I'm working next I can pop around and go through everything ad do it at the same time" they never phone lol.

I hate people driving stupidly, and I been like I'm a child at them, but it annoys my other drivers who don't beeb at stupid drivers so I have to reach over and do it,

Kids walking on the road with their parent on the path great parenting!

That one streetlight that must come on later than the rest,

someone rushing to the checkout witha full trolley while you have all your items in one hand "the supermarkets 24 hours, I don't think you will be locked in"

The manic stampede past you when the supermarket says reductions on isle x,

That person who always has to be In sight at a restraunt who has food all over them and insists on eating with their mouth open.

Flies repeatedly bashing into windows, it's not going to open so just go through the door!

When you have been waiting for a lift, the doors open and the person inside presses the shut button before you get in.

Staff smoking right outside the front where they work (I smoke and always demanded my staff went round the back like I did or it was a verbal warning)

People who have something vile and say i had to get it, it was a bargain then have nowhere for it or dont use it (wasnt really a bargain as much as a waste of money)

Parents who let their kids scream mum over and over again before acknowledging them.

Cars with music so loud I can hear it over my headphones.

People walking with music playing on their phone in their picket, I don't want to hear your rubbish music!

I must be one angry person lol, now breath and put all that back away and let it out when someone annoys you again xoxo

Wow tomme and I thought I had issues lol :hug:

Why is it, when I clean the bathroom I clean the whole thing! If my husband cleans it he only cleans his side of sink and mirror? He only makes his side of bed?
The worst!!!
Being in the store and hearing kids scream "I want that and screaming and crying" I walk up and tell them shut up because I just can't take it! 15 minutes of screaming is too much!!! I would remove my kids from store for that behavior and it would only happen once!

That's where I would have made it my mission to get in her way all the way through her shopping lol. I go around twice anyway so wouldn't have been a problem for me xoxo
Wish id gone shopping with you:Dx

This happens daily in our house...

Him - Where is? (insert food/drink item)
Me - In the fridge
Him - Whereabouts in the fridge?
Me - wtf? :eek: (under my breath)

Also,

1) Inconsiderate people (trolley abandoned in the middle of the aisle)

2) Rudeness, including not saying thank you in any type of scenario.

3) Bullying in any form.

4) Negativity. We all like a good rant, but I'm talking mind set or default setting.

5) Being indecisive. FFS, I have had the shift from hell. Just tell me what you want to eat for tea and I will make it.

6) People thinking they are better than others for whatever reason.

7) Laziness in the workplace.

I could go on. :o

Just thought of another mothers standing at traffic lights with buggy in front of them hanging over the curb... just bloody dangerous... stand next to it if pavement isnt wide enough.

Check out people chatting to their mate about anything.... um hello a little eye contact and recognition would be nice.

Or shops saying 'do you want a carrier bag' ... Er yeah don't think those 5 large items are gonna fit in my hand bag, do you!

Oh my god i can't stop....

People walking 2 abreast on the pavement and expect YOU to walk in the road around them... I dont think so sisters!

People driving round in the daylight with headlights on... Why??

Asking in the supermarket if i need help packing then when i say no they proceed to practically throw my groceries at me like their ticking time bombs..

And dont even get me started on the please place your item in the bagging area......

Breathe happyfeet breathe!!

LMAO Laura!

My husband nearly has a full on argument with the bagging area at B&Q!

I sometimes have had to walk away, it's embarrassing. But we both can't resist a dig when we hear it still talking to us as we walk away. How did we do today? Indeed!

One other thing that really really does my swede in is seeing children dressed like tramps!

Their mothers are going round in their new trainers/clothes etc with gold hanging off them and fab phone and their child is dressed like a tramp!!! A trip to primarni would suffice but no!

Also people who don't brush their teeth. Don't come near me!

People who wear socks and sandals

People who have bumbags! Seriously!

People who have rucksacks on and clip the handles round their waist, whilst wearing a bumbag and socks/sandals! Arrgghh lol

Unclean houses. Takes a minute to do dishes, put clothes away and make friends with a Hoover but noooo they like to live like pigs!

My boyfriend who is currently asleep! Whilst I'm looking after the kids, cooking dinner, putting the washing out/in and trying to do business things and have been up since 6 with the puppy! His tiredness comes first tho. Angry face!!!!

I like this thread :)

Latest posts

Back