What is the point of Vinylux?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of my Shellac clients come every 2 weeks, but don't want to pay for shellac pedicure as well as manicure so they go to boots and try and match as near as possible a colour of polish to put on toes themselves. Now I can retail Vinylux to them that will match their Shellac colour perfectly. The bottle will cost them half the price of one shellac pedicure, but they will get loads of applications out it. They can take it on holiday with them to touch up either shellac or polish application. Alternatively I can offer them matching fingers and toes by applying shellac on fingers and Vinylux on toes for a good bit cheaper than a shellac mani and pedi. X

I work from home and do mobile I have sold 5 bottles already for my shellac customers when on holiday to touch up xxx

WAY TO GO CABBY. That's how it's done. X

For those who don't understand the point of Vinylux, what's the point of any retail nail polish?

I'm a part time tech and was totally shellac based. I now do brisa smoothing gel too as I trusted CND with innovation and already have two ladies in love with the clear look on it's own. In fact I love wearing it too.

Where does vinylux come in? Well having been totally focused on enhancements and shellac training and the speed of my polish suffers from being part time. So I practice on myself with normal polish. But this isn't often enough as normal polish takes an age to dry and I chip it within a day. So yes I will buy a few bottles and then bleet and bleet to anyone who will listen and push the retail side. At present I dread the threat of pamper parties for young girls as I know my polishing with normal enamel is poor compared to shellac. There is big money in pamper parties for that age, so in the shopping basket vinylux and get my skills where they should be.

Plus retail = instant profit without my time. Time = money! :D And why eat into my own profits by always wearing shellac myself.

The majority of my clients are natural nail clients e.g. Lacquer and not Gel. They either don't like to keep the same colour for longer than a few days or they will not switch to gel as they don't have the time or inclination to remove it properly (they are mostly mature ladies). For me Gel brought in a lot of new (younger) clients that wanted the system but the majority of my older clients are set in their ways and will not change - end of

So for me this product will go like a house on fire. I have always been an OPI girl but after trialling this product today I think I would happily stick every last bit of my OPI on e-bay an buy right into the vinylux system. Shame it's out of bloody stock!

Argh I can't wait for the 7th for my parcel to arrive as I sold 4 bottles of polish today, but wanted it to be vinylux. Sorry to say I will probably getting rid of opi and zoya :sad:

I'm also getting rid of my OPI collection.....I never really enjoyed using it anyway.

Vinylux is just a dream - I love it! So wonderful to apply and the shine is way better than any other "polish" I've tried. Best still, I love how Vinylux looks almost like Shellac! It's way more luxurious looking than other polishes :Love:

For those who don't understand the point of Vinylux, what's the point of any retail nail polish?

That's part of my point. Those of us who retail high end polish have seen a massive drop in sales since the introduction of gel polish, clients just don't need it. There will always be those who buy an ASDA £1.99 polish for touch ups or toes, but I've found people don't now want to spend in excess of £10 for a "just in case" polish and my clients seem happy to pay the extra to have their toes gel polished. Just my experience.

There are several advantages to applying VINYLUX to enhancements .... One it is quicker, 2 the client can change the colour, 3 I won't have to buff the colour off when the client returns for maintenance, 4 I will sell the client a VINYLUX colour and TOP Coat on top of her service. If I thought about it a little bit more I could think of more :)

I meant the difference between ordinary polish on enhancements rather than Shellac/Gelish. All of the above applies to ordinary polish too doesn't it? Convince me Geeg :biggrin:

That's part of my point. Those of us who retail high end polish have seen a massive drop in sales since the introduction of gel polish, clients just don't need it. There will always be those who buy an ASDA £1.99 polish for touch ups or toes, but I've found people don't now want to spend in excess of £10 for a "just in case" polish and my clients seem happy to pay the extra to have their toes gel polished. Just my experience.

I meant the difference between ordinary polish on enhancements rather than Shellac/Gelish. All of the above applies to ordinary polish too doesn't it? Convince me Geeg :biggrin:

I see your point ... But I suppose, in the instance of wearing Vinylux over enhancements or even the smoothing gel as opposed to ordinary polish, the hugest plus is the rapid dry time of VINYLUX; it really is dry so quickly and for me (and every other woman in the world) having to wait for ordinary polish to be really dry is the main thing that puts us off using it ... It is a pain having to find the time to paint ones nails, when we know we have to be careful for so long after applying it so as not to smudge it. It really is 'paint and go' with VINYLUX and having the freedom to be able to do it myself when needed.

I have to wear Brisa Lite Smoothing gel to disguise my ridged nails, so I'm still a regular salon client (or I would be if I weren't a professional myself) but I really like the freedom to change my own colour when I want to so I don't see that re-growth thing going on and it doesn't take me any time to do it. So in my instance, it is dry time and no need for base coat which makes application even faster. Clients are going to love that freedom too .... I know it ... And I know I am going to sell shed loads of it. :) I can't wait to get back to Spain and get it in the salon. I have ordered 3 of every colour and am going for it big ... Because big makes impact in the salon and everyone is going to be asking about it ....... Plus the price point is just under a tenner.

I notice Cnd are selling mini bottles of the new colours. Just wondered if they would consider selling mini bottles of Shellac as well? It would be a fab idea as we can try out the mini bottles first and see if they are popular with our clients and then order the full size bottles if they are.

I notice Cnd are selling mini bottles of the new colours. Just wondered if they would consider selling mini bottles of Shellac as well? It would be a fab idea as we can try out the mini bottles first and see if they are popular with our clients and then order the full size bottles if they are.

I can tell you they will not be doing any mini bottles of Shellac. They are mini enough and one service pays for a bottle. It is up to us to make colours popular with clients. CND are right on trend with colour so its not difficult.

In business life, you cannot have guarantees that clients will automatically like something or that you can trial it first; it is up to you as the sales therapist to encourage and to offer things to clients that they wouldn't necessarily choose without a bit of persuasion.

Most of my clients most of the time don't want to make decisions ... They leave it to me to make suggestions; that is why I am behind the desk, that is what I am trained to do and what I am good at ..... Our role is not to Just DO nails .. We wear many many hats behind that desk and knowing our colours and client preferences and what is fashionable etc is vital.

This is just a thought as I had loads of polish I didn't use mostly opi I have now started selling off at £5 to customers lovely polish not used lol the £5 I have been getting will cover the cost of new bottles of vinylux. There are some beautiful new colours and all matching ones for shellac. I have rotated my stock and have some fab new vinylux to do some of the fab nail designs in the look book xxx

This is just a thought as I had loads of polish I didn't use mostly opi I have now started selling off at £5 to customers lovely polish not used lol the £5 I have been getting will cover the cost of new bottles of vinylux. There are some beautiful new colours and all matching ones for shellac. I have rotated my stock and have some fab new vinylux to do some of the fab nail designs in the look book xxx
Another thing you can do is to donate partly used bottles of polish to nursing homes, homes for the elderly etc ... They love to get them ... Old ladies still have their feminine side too! :)

Last edited:
Thanks Cabby and Geeg, I was thinking about what to do with my existing polishes and those are some great ideas :)

What's the point of vinylux?

A whole new client base.

Normal polish lasts half as long as vinylux.

Normal polish takes twice as long to get touch dry, whereas in under 9 minutes vinylux is completely dry.

Perfect for chronic smudgers, children, pamper parties and charity events.

Since it dries so fast, your clients can put their shoes on after their winter pedicures.

Its easy to apply, looks beautiful and is good for your bank balance.

Your clients can buy the polish from you (salon only retail item) to touch up and use at home, but will still come back for a professional manicure and to buy more.

There are also the clients that love to have the next big thing and this is it.

I would try one for yourself and see what you think. I did and loved it.

Lots of wonderful reasons for vinylux versus regular polish xx
Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek

I'm a Gelish user and I have just made my first CND order. I am very excited about this product! Only ordered a few to trial well around ten ha! I only currently offer HD Brows, Gelish & Tanning. With this product I am going to introduce Mani & Pedis. And Retail this product.
It's perfect for nurses, my horse owning friends and holiday people who match their polish to outfits! (Yes I have a lot of clients who do this!)
This who don't have time for soak offs!
Gives the client value for money as its going to last! Pet hate... File and polish day later having to remove it as a small chip!
I am now swaying to introducing Shellac so CND have created a product that is one of a kind and bringing more customers their way (well done them!)

Vinylux can be used to top up shellac chips & nicks, is this not underestimating the quality & power of shellac? Xxx

Vinylux can be used to top up shellac chips & nicks, is this not underestimating the quality & power of shellac? Xxx

I don't think so ... Stuff happens. I often grate a chip in Shellac when cooking when grating garlic or cheese ... I sometimes slice my Shellac when chopping veg ... Things happen; doesn't have to be service breakdown that causes colour to mark or chip, and when these things do happen, it will be wonderful to not have to make an appointment to fix it or worse, go around with a mark in perfect Shellac while waiting for a next appointment. Shellac is powerful but not indestructible and neither is anything else.

I won't be buying it at the moment, as after thinking hard I came to the decision that when a client chips her shellac she comes back quicker for them to be re done or there still perfect but has re growth. If she has the matching colour at home she may go longer between manicures as she can fill in her re growth and push the appointment back another week.

Also I charge £30 for a shellac pedicure £20 normal so if they want matching there have to pay extra.

Last edited:
What's the point of any new technology?

We could certainly ask the same of any new innovation; if we didn't have mp3 players - or even cds - we'd still have huge stacks of tapes that were easy to get chewed and therefore ruined. We also had to rewind them - anyone else remember how annoying that was? :lol:

Yes it is a polish. It has many of the same plus points of normal polish but it has the advantage of being different, of being a brand new formulation and of being completely dry in 8.5 minutes (that alone sold it for me!). It will be appearing in ALL the womens magazines where people who aren't salon regulars will see it and NEED it.

And at the utterly amazing price that we can purchase this brand new technology - literally every single jaw in the room dropped when Samuel told us the price - how anyone can be grumbling at it beggars belief.

Finally, the guy I sold the 6 to said his girlfriend was over the moon and couldn't believe how well it applied compared to previous polishes that she'd tried. It also LOOKS like a luxury polish when it's on the nails. Luscious and shiny.

She's already facebooked it and told her mates... and he's asked me for more :)

OK, I'm moving closer :D

Latest posts

Back