What is your Salon Twitter?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Everyone,
I seem to be a bit behind the times, I have a facebook page but do not tweet. Is it worth doing? and how to you promote it? and do you get much business from it?
Not knowing much about twitter, are there any tips to getting started.
Thanks all

Jo

Welcome to Facebook

I would be interested to know as well. I have pondered whether I should go down this road. I have FB, monthly newsletters and live on SG for advice and just think this is another network that I have to spend time on?

Plus I've got to learn all about it lol

I use it, it is a great tool!

I love the fact that I can get instant live updates and also I can post any relevant info from my blog, post pictures and tag them to my city.

Why not give it a try and see how you get on with it? :)

My account is : @glamglamnails

Looks so confusing to me, something else I've got to learn lol. Love your nails, very pretty

from Debbie's HTC Sense

I use it, it is a great tool!

I love the fact that I can get instant live updates and also I can post any relevant info from my blog, post pictures and tag them to my city.

Why not give it a try and see how you get on with it? :)

My account is : @glamglamnails

hi ya hun ive just followed you!! Im still trying to figure twitter out!! how exactly does # work am not 100%! My friend set me up on it and tried to show me the basics but so unsure!!! Do you find you get a lot of business this way??:confused:

Hi I use twitter glam glam I have just followed you I am @Rachaeldilks xx

Last edited:
@MobileBeautyMcr still working out how to work it!!;)

When I'm qualified I'll be using my twitter for business!! It's @emmawithagm I'll change my name when I think of a good beauty based name :)) xxx

Mines @beautygemz

Following all you beauty ladies :) xx

followed you glam glam i am @rdbeauty1 x

getting through the list I am @rdbeauty1

hi ya hun ive just followed you!! Im still trying to figure twitter out!! how exactly does # work am not 100%! My friend set me up on it and tried to show me the basics but so unsure!!! Do you find you get a lot of business this way??:confused:

The # is called a hash mark. It is used to highlite a word/name/etc so that others can search for it. For instance #OPI or #Shellac

my twitter account is ingridslatta my name.

Hi ladies,

Add a # before any word that you want to become searchable on twitter!

Lets just say for instance, I live in the Cardiff area and I want to advertise my nails promotion which is nail art at just £10.

I compose my tweet ... "Live in the #Cardiff area? Why not treat your self to some nail art at just £10? Book now email: blabla.blacom"

People searching the word Cardiff in the twitter search terms will see your tweet in their results because of this hash tag. If others re tweet it the higher it will rank in those results ... so it pays to follow other local twitter accounts to do with your city who tweet about whats going on locally, local council etc.

Other great words to tag can be #nailtechnician #nailart #nails #spraytanning - etc etc, make sure that they are all one word too :)

Thanks for the follows ... I have followed you back yay! xx

Last edited:
Hello ladies, I have followed you all apart from RD Beauty (yours won't come up!) maybe if you follow me I can follow you back!!

My twitter is @Harringtons_spa

Hi ladies, mine is @glossglamour

thanks so much for the advice ... hopefully get the hang of it better now .. am going to go and tweet!!:wink2:

Hi there, how about you ask some of your current customers to see if they use Twitter, what they tweet about and if they would follow you on twitter? Then you can get a feel for how useful it would be to your business.

thanks so much for the advice ... hopefully get the hang of it better now .. am going to go and tweet!!:wink2:

Youre welcome! :) Catch you on there... have not been on today it has been a busy one and I have no pics to share... boooo :D

Latest posts

Back