What is your Salon Twitter?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should I use twitter to gather clients? Do you use it?

Twitter can be a great way to reach clients and it's free but make sure you keep track of the amount of time you spend using it as there is a cost for your time.

Decide what the target is - is it to keep in touch with existing clients or to bring in new ones? Make sure your tweets are relevant and contribute to your target / objective.

What you could do is trial it for a few months and see if it works? You would need to find some quick and easy way of tracking how many clients it brings into your salon.

1. Set up your twitter account with an easy to find / understand name.
2. Link to it from your website or facebook page.
3. Include information on it in any newsletters etc.
4. Make sure you / your staff mention it to clients.
5. Contact your local press and see if you can get any press coverage.
6. Follow any local companies you can find - you might get extra business from it and they can share it with their staff.
7. Decide on a special offer or competition and publicise it on Twitter. This can be a great way to get bookings on quiet days in the salon or to publicise a service you provide.
8. Review the results after a certain period of time (e.g. two months) and see if it has been worthwhile. This can be measure by the number of new clients you bring in / feedback from customers on your tweets / the numebr of followers you have on Twitter.

Let me know if you set it up and I'll follow you.

Best of luck,
Angela (Easydry).

Ok, so I have joined and I look lost, I have followed those I have found (don't forget I'm a beginner).

So If I follow people and then I tweet does this come up on their wall, page etc...

I will link it to my website and facebook page when it looks a little healthier and I have a new BT in place so that I can promote that side of the business as well.

Thank you for the tips as well

Oh I go under enticehandb as it wouldn't allow me to use the whole of my name, not impressed :(

Last edited:
Hi I have just added mine it's @MisbourneB :)

Just started mine :) @MobileBeautyZH will start following all mentioned above :hug:

Followed all the working links x

I have now followed all the working links x

I use it, but I don't really think it is a particularly great business tool. @persianista

Mines MrTDarlington xoxo

Gotta love @thebriannolan on there, makes me laugh with every tweet, the one today is "I'm bisexual. Buy me something and I'll get sexual" haha creases me xoxo

I use twitter too but I find it useful for keeping in touch with existing clients rather than getting new ones. It's very useful if I have a last minute cancellation as I can post that there is an available appointment and it often gets taken.

Like someone has already said, just watch how long you spend on there as you might be able to use your time more effectively doing other marketing strategies.

appologies in advanced if in the wrong section :lol:

I used to have fb but it caused issues in my marriage so i got rid of it. here is my thoughts tho at the moment;

I have a set up with a business partner, she does spray tan and gel nails, i provide acrylic overlay, sculpts, nail art and 3d art. We do have a fb site that is managed by my partner. Now over xmas i have had 1 appointment, yes 1 where as my partner has had countless.

i have also noticed that my partner has put alot more of her photos on the fb site than mine, sooooo do i set up a twitter site and manage this for our business too??? I dont really get twitter so any help or thought would be great please

also were are in the army community in Germany so only have a select amount of clients.

our fb page is: gemininailsandtan

Cheers guys :lol:

appologies in advanced if in the wrong section :lol:

I used to have fb but it caused issues in my marriage so i got rid of it. here is my thoughts tho at the moment;

I have a set up with a business partner, she does spray tan and gel nails, i provide acrylic overlay, sculpts, nail art and 3d art. We do have a fb site that is managed by my partner. Now over xmas i have had 1 appointment, yes 1 where as my partner has had countless.

i have also noticed that my partner has put alot more of her photos on the fb site than mine, sooooo do i set up a twitter site and manage this for our business too??? I dont really get twitter so any help or thought would be great please

also were are in the army community in Germany so only have a select amount of clients.

our fb page is: gemininailsandtan

Cheers guys :lol:

I'd say twitter isn't that big, well not as big as Facebook. Could you not be in charge of paper advertisement? Going door to door leaflet dropping? In shop window advertisement, soliciting calls to the community? Xoxo

@Squareonebeauty. I will go toddle off now and follow you lot :lol:

I use it and it's bought me clients actually more than facebook:eek: the key is though you have to be engaged with the community, you don't pick up followers or potential clients if you are constantly tweeting business info, people get bored and unfolllow, you do have to invest a bit of time in being 'social' it's a social network after all!

@caisterbeauty :biggrin:

@Serenitywmids

Hi just came across this thread mine is @freyjabeauty. Will follow back anyone that follows us. Thanks in advance xx

@Nailsinlondon1

Latest posts

Back