What liquid and powder do you use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
young nails seems very popular with a few you, i've tried it nut did get a bit of lifting but i think i was workinbg with it a bit wet.....can this happen if i work with the product too wet? x

yes, I found this as well, also after advice from other geeks, found I wasnt pressing the product in all areas, arounf the cuticle area and side walls, because the product tends to travel itself into a nice shape, I wasnt pressing it onto the nail bed, have got on so much beter after I have started paying attention to these areas, and making sure with my brush I am pushing the product into these areas, have you looked at greg's tutorials on the YN website regarding the ratio???? heres a linky in case xx

Young Nails - Throughout England and the UK - Product Consistency - Pinks and Clears

hth x

Young nails l+p and gel x

just ordered my ezflow 508 brush SO excited!........................are boys suppose to get excited over brushes? lol

just ordered my ezflow 508 brush SO excited!........................are boys suppose to get excited over brushes? lol

Nail techs get excited over brushes!!! Let us know how it goes for you, i want one!!

I use young nails and it has solved my lifting issues that i was having with my previous brand, not sure why really, other than i find its very easy to control and place each bead. Did you use the protein bonder? I was told its very important to use it xxxxx

I use CND retention liquid and Tammy Taylor powder and my brush is a generic kolinsky 14 round brush.

How come You use liquid from CND and powder from Tammy Taylor? Didn't think you could mix from two different companies.

You can mix, you wont get the best results and you cant garantee longevity etc. And its not advisable, i wouldnt do it tbh.
I use CND retention+ moxie and entity and use an ultra sculptor for cnd and pink entity brush andy i am a brush addict i love them.

I have my odyssey ones all lonely and redundant atm :cry:

And yes its ok for a boy!!! actually i love it men have a certain something that they brig to the world of nails which i adore :) :) :)

Hey thanks elle. At the mo I'm struggling with sculpting. I use yn and love it. Trying to do reverse sculpt but non of my smile lines look the same I just don't know if I should go back and try the traditional way?

Hope your all ok x

It is hard to see the pink edge exactly to get it right, i followed the line of an unblended tip to start with and practised like a demon on crack and got it, dont do it much tho like the usual way, although i hate backfills i can do them and happy with the result, i think you just have to find the best way for you.
:)

d'oh................ practice it on tip and overlay first following the tip line then move on to the sculpt i found the entity vids really helpful xx

ah did you get the entity videos from Beauty Partnership or somewhere like youtube?

thanks
x

Yes... if you have a passion for nails then it's no different to a builder getting excited over a new hammer...?! I would defend my master series pro styler's to the death...

Hey thanks elle. At the mo I'm struggling with sculpting. I use yn and love it. Trying to do reverse sculpt but non of my smile lines look the same I just don't know if I should go back and try the traditional way?
Reverse sculpting is popular because it allows many techs to get a 'crisp' smile line, but believe me when I say most of the very top competition techs still do it the 'traditional' way...

ah did you get the entity videos from Beauty Partnership or somewhere like youtube?
www.entitybeauty.com there are some vids on here and you will notice non done using 'reverse'
Perfect CND french manicure CND don't seem to have this on their website at the moment, but this is a great vid. It may also help you get rid of the bubbles you seem to have...

hope that helps.
Allen

Last edited:
hey thanks for posting the video, just thought i'd let you know i'm getting on really well with my ezflow brush.

just thought i'd write on this post to bump it back up to the top

Tweeboo I noticed on reading this thread that you use an entity brush. What do you think of it?:)

Hey, it's been a while since I posted this thread and I no longer have my entity brush but I did love it, but it's like £60 so they aren't cheap! X

Tammy Taylor. And I'd love to try that brush; I'm using a square #14 Kolinsky.

Just got my Entity sample kit cant wait to try it out whoo

CND all the way fir me;)

Nail designer with a twist;)

Love my 508 brush, have recently converted to EzFlow l&p too and am loving it :o)

Latest posts

Back