What skincare and makeup products does everyone use on themselves?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Inviron, my skin loves it:)
I use colostrum gel, AVST2 cream, RAD spf in the morning, and cleansing cream to take make up off, AVST2 + eye gel at night. I should use the tone, I know it only takes seconds but I just never have time for it.
I use only mineral make up, because my skin is very oily, most liquid foundations make it worse.

I would sing Decleor's praises, it is absolutely fantastic!! Everything about it, the effect, the texture, the smell...they are all the best I have ever tried, and I have used all different.

Join the choir!! All of the people who I have got on to Decleor say exactly the same thing, and they all say everyone notices the improvement in their skin. I love using it & I love working with it!!

Im with Calla on this one. I have started using SwissDermyl in the last month and the change in my skin in just a short time has been amazing. My Clients are really impressed too. I swear by their repair serum, it definitely makes changes. As for makeup I just use a Clarins tinted moisturiser at the mo.

could anyone advise where the best place to get this decleor gel from i would love to give it a try! :)

If you contact Decleor they will give you details of a local salon/stockist, failing that you can purchase it from the Decleor website itself!

Whatever skin care i may adapt to,i always without a shadow of a doubt use Decleor balm essential,and aromessence neroli...only to day people commented on my luminessence,and i switched from iris,to neroli,because i wanted a level of more hydration and balance...and neroli delivers this...I had severe acne and my face was like a pizza when i was living in France over 12 years ago now....a therapist put me on to ylang ylang oil and balm ylang ylang...i was so scared of an oil going onto my skin...however my face in 7 days became clearer calmer,the redness dissapated,and i was hooked...i had searched everywhere for something to calm down my inflammed,angry pustular skin...and this worked.

Even now when i have gone on to something and come away from Decleor,i think i will get a better level of result...and then when i go back to Decleor,i get the wow factor...now it is a staple part of my skin care routine,because i do not want my skin to control my life i want to take charge and control my skin!

I am with Martin...and it is so refreshing to meet someone like him who is so passionate about Decleor..for me Aromatherapy wins hands down beacuse it is renowned with Decleor...i could go on and on...!

When a client walks in the treatment room and wants to rectify something in thier skin care and it is so topsy turvy,and sensitised,it is always good to go back to basics...a simple cleansing routine,followed by a problem solver and treatment programme...that way the client is getting the best from you as a trained therapist with your skilled hands,and an integral home care routine that prolongs the treatment process...

I do have to say that the posts that i have read contain the use of water being involved in cleansing,but you have to remember that wtare disrupts the PH balnce of the skin,and using a cleanser and toner will aid in balnacing the skin or increasing hydration in the skin.And for people that may well use soap:eek:...just be aware that on the PH scale soap, i believe is a level higher than ammonia,and just below the ph of chemical detergents...!!...there endeth the first lesson...:green:

Last edited:
i was using eminence organics which is AMAZING, but we used it at a different spa i was working at. now im working at a new spa, and i think its important to use the products you are using on clients for at least a little while so you can see results yourself. so i bought our spa line, kerstin florian...i had one blemish break out on me (unusual for me as i never break out anymore) when i first started using it but otherwise so far so good!

why not go to somewhere like boots and ask the big counters such as chanel and lancome for some free samples so you can try them first, will save u loads of money :green:

I have never heard one good thing about clinque,,,,,,, You'll find it's Clinque products themselves that are causing you breakouts. I know we are not meant to bad mouth any company or products but you should really look into changing.
I have heard a few times that Clinque Toner, you can use it as nail polish remover.
Darphin are great products, I used them in a previous salon and I love the products they are abit expensive but deffo worth it.

I heard.. this was years ago tho that Cliniques toner not sure which skin type...will actually remove nail varnish! x

I found Clarins products made me breakout and my skin still felt dry after using them. I decided to see if something cheaper would be better, and i now use Bodyshop vitamin e range. As for make-up, my favourites are Chanel, L'oreal and Benefit. :lol:

I use Smiple light moisturiser first thing in the morning, let it soak in, and then my foundation is MAC Mineralise liquid foundation, set with Mineralise skin finshing powder.

I love MAC, and wouldn't dream of changing, all though i do quite like the moisturing foundation from Benefit, but it makes me look slightly orange in photos, so i don't tend to use it as often as i'd planned.

However, I rarely wear make-up now, I've worked through "my issues" regarding how i view myself, and now make-up is not a mask i need to wear to feel confident, I only wear it when i really need to, or want to now, and i feel so much better for it.

Rebecca

i started to use a facial cleanser from md formulations with glycolic acid in it 3 years ago and went from having spotty skin to beautiful skin in about 2 months... sounds extreme but i did, and haven't used any other cleanser since, it works for me and i'm sticking with it haha.
for all other skincare needs i use AHAVA (this is what i use in my salon), the eye make up remover, eye cream etc i really like it and the more i use it the more confidence i have to recommend it to others.

make up wise i use a variety of things, but i like to use more expensive foundation, usually mineral ones... i dont go spending lots on good cleansers and moisturisers just to clog up my skin with nasty make-up... although no make up just isnt an option, i love it! xo

After using it for about 8 years I find dermalogica to be brilliant, and I have (or had) really problem skin. I would use it in my business too but I'm only just starting out and funds are tight.

Make-up wise I use lilylolo, in my business and on myself everyday, the combination of the 2 brands has really helped my problem skin, just a shame it's taken me till I'm 30 to work out what works for me. I started off using bare essentuals but the cost didn't equal the benefits, unlike lilylolo. I am now a complete mineral convert, never going back to the dark days!!

I work with comfort zone in the spa I work in, have used it on my skin for nearly 2 and a half years and love it, all my family use it too and rave about it. Makeup wise, I love M.A.C I have the pro account being a makuep artist so get 30%discount I did a course with AOFM and found out laura mercier is a great makeup range too. I also like bobbi brown and chanel for foundations. I cannot stand clinique has only ever done bad to my skin x

Last edited:
That is suppose to be true a girl I worked with trained in america and worked in a lab and they tested our products and clinique was too high in alkaline or acid not sure which one but not good!
I heard.. this was years ago tho that Cliniques toner not sure which skin type...will actually remove nail varnish! x
Posted via Mobile Device

I swear by Philosophy products. Their face wash is a cleanser, make up remover, toner and light moisteriser in one. I can literally rub off my mascara off without it stinging my eyes, its really really gentle but so effective. They have a great exfoliaters and moisterisers too. Love them. :green:

When i used the 3-step clinique skincare i found it very harsh. i use dermologica now, clay cleanser and it doubles as a masque. i use creme de la mer face cream and lip balm love it.

I use VIE at home on myself and on my clients.
No complaints as yet.

Latest posts

Back