What would you do??? :S

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolly6410

Reaction score
i've got a client booked in today for 2pm, she lives 30mins away and also in a block of flats with NO parking so i have to park down the road in a carpark, the last time i was suppose to be doing her she text me 45mins before her appointment, 15mins before i was suppose to be leaving, saying she couldnt have her waxing done because she'd just come on her period, couldnt really accuse her of lying but i knew she never actually wanted that appointment, she'd wanted it the week before but i was fully booked, she said she'd re book when she had come off, 2 days later i get a text asking for an appointment that day, which i couldnt do so she said not to bother and she'd find someone else to do it. got a text last week asking for an appointment that day or the day after, which again i couldnt do because i was fully booked, so she booked in for today at 2, i text her when she booked sayin she needed to give 48hours notice for cancellation (id told her this on her first booking aswell) which she straight away replied saying 'i'm worried i'm going to come on my period again' so i text back saying 'well if you do thats not your fault but could you please let me know by 11am on the day of your appointment if we're still going ahead?' she didnt text back, so todays the day and i'm thinking...shall i text her saying 'are we still on for 2pm?' i don't want to come across as rude but knowing shes let me down before i dont want to wait and be let down again or even travel down there for her to be like...no i dont want it done. what would you do?

imo she just isnt worth it! does she only get a bikini don or does she have other treatments?

she sounds like shes more hassle than shes worth!

Definatly text her, just say;
"Hi xxxxx, just to confirm your appointment today at 2pm, if you cant make it please let me know asap, thanks"

imo she just isnt worth it! does she only get a bikini don or does she have other treatments?

she sounds like shes more hassle than shes worth!

Very true, she does sound a nightmare.
If you do go today,I would ask her if she would like to make another appointment & take a deposit for it.

to be honest i really dont want to go but aparently i'm not in a position to turn down work because its quite slow at the moment, she only has her hollywood done, nothing else, she always text me asking how much certain treatments are (even though she knows my website and has my price list) but never books in for them? i'm dreading if i have to go because its a massive flight of steps and my couch is a beast. shes messed me around in the past but only with asking me to go and do a eyebrow wax and i said no because thats only £6 and i can't travel 30mins for £6, then she text about an underarm wax which again i said no because of the cost wouldnt cover my time, material and diesel. :( i think i'm going to text her because if she says no atleast i can go out and leaflet drop

This type of 'customer' never ever changes, they go from therapist/salon all the time. IF you do get to the appointment today, I would either say you are changing your policy and now taking 50% non refundable deposits if cancelled less than 24 hrs in advance I do that with the beauty co, or do your job, say goodbye and any contact in the future you are just fully booked or just be honest and say its not worth your time (politely)! She will only ever do your business more harm than good, they always find things to moan about very rarely praise you behind your back, just difficult awkward people you just dont need on your clientele list. With regards to today call her dont text to confirm actually talk to her...:irked:

lol thanks for the advice, i think i will call, you do realise how 'other' people are when you set up your own business, if it was me, 1. i would never cancel on the day, day before or even 2 days before, maybe i MIGHT change my appointment the week before if i really had to, and 2 if i HAD to cancel because of something awful like my leg fell off or i had some kind of disease which meant i couldnt be touched, i would pay for my treatment and rebook and made sure i kept in touch, maybe shes planning to text me at 11 but i doubt it. i'm really struggling with younger clients at the moment, and i hate to be 'agest' but i've never had a problem with older clients, i'm 22 and all my 'messers' seem to be aged between 18-27.

Hiya

Sounds like someone I've had in the past...I don't take her bookings anymore. She would book a tan and then when she didn't turn up I'd text her and she'd just say she didn't need one in the end. The fact you are travelling that far makes me think you shouldn't bother.

x

I am not mobile but it seems a long way to travel, is that the norm?

I think your dad is right about the bill as are the other ladies that she sounds like a nuisance you would be better off without. Hope you get it resolved one way or the other.

so i went and it turned out ok, it was a pain with no parking and it took me double the time to unload my van and set up my kit because of the flights of stairs so i think thats my last time. i normally only do clients a max of 30mins away, but some of my clients are further, i'm thinking of bringing a petrol charge in but i'm not really sure how to work it out? does anyone have a minimum charge? how much is it?

i would start having a travel charge - eg if they live more than a 3 mile radius then its x amount. have a scale of charges that reflect the distance you travel! i know if i travelled 30 mins for a one treatment id be out of pocket!

ps - messers come in all ages! lol~!!

If you google fuel charge calculator or something similar you should be able to find something to work out exactly how much each journey is. Hth x

Glad it was ok today but don't blame you not going again...a lot of hassle for no money.

Reading this thread made me phone someone who'd booked in for a week on Saturday. It was going to be their first treatment and they were going to pay via paypal but hadn't. I just had a funny feeling about them. Anyway, I've just phoned them up and asked if they still wanted the appointment as they'd not paid....guess what...they couldn't wait that long and had gone somewhere else!!

You will burn yourself out my darling if you are climbing stairs with your couch.

I was mobile for 10 years and after much heartsearching decided to limit the type of visits to ones where I was able to park directly outside and where there were no stairs to climb. Even allowing for that I had to give up mobile work due to back problems and 4 years later have had 2 lots of major surgery on my back in the last 10 months. I have had 5 months out of 9 months off work and the problems are from carrying the couch around and lifting it in and out of my car. I was always careful and lifted from the knees but most of us are too short and when carrying your couch you will lean to one side to stop it dragging on the ground.

You must limit this carrying so this client just does not live in a convenient or safe place for you to get to. On top of that she is inconsiderate and with only the one treatment on the edge of your catchment area, frankly, she is just not worth it. :green:

thank you all for your advice, really helpful :D i love salon geek because i get to the stage where i think 'christ i swear i'm just unlucky!!!' but then i post on here and everyones like urgh ive had that problem... lol its nice to be able to moan to people in the same situation! I am def going to add a slip into my leaflets about minimum charges and fuel costs out of my area. thats so bad that she didn't let you know that she didnt want her treatment, not being funny but now a days with mobile phones a text or even email takes like 2 seconds, so i dont understand why these people cant just cancel there appointment instead of just not letting you know...

i'm really worried about back problems, i've got a citreon berlingo and my dads racked it out inside so it has slots for everything, so i can just slide my couch out the side door, but like you said i notice now that i put all the weight onto one side :S not good!

Someone needs to invent a trolley on wheels but with no basket thingy so you could put the couch on the base, strap it in and pull it along.

You mobilers are seriously hard-core and should be charging more not less for everything you have to go through!!!!!

Jacqui xx

Someone needs to invent a trolley on wheels but with no basket thingy so you could put the couch on the base, strap it in and pull it along.

You mobilers are seriously hard-core and should be charging more not less for everything you have to go through!!!!!

Jacqui xx

i do have to admit sometimes i wish i had a little fold away baseball bat in my bra so if anything happens i can whip it out!

i do have to admit sometimes i wish i had a little fold away baseball bat in my bra so if anything happens i can whip it out!

I swear I just spat coffee over the keyboard reading that! Bloody funny because it's true! :lol::lol:

Jacqui xx

Would this do? Amazon - £19

31ygqCEfVBL._SS500_.jpg

Here are the current mileage rates taken from the Inland Revenue website:

HM Revenue & Customs: Travel - mileage and fuel allowances

Those trolleys are good if you are on solid, straight ground - I've got one. But unfortunately, it doesn't help when getting the couch in and out of the car where can you do more back damage.

Latest posts

Back