What would you have done ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good for you, I think you made a professional decision. Well done for standing your ground :hug:

You done the right thing.

Also, I think she'll be back, tail between her legs. Once people around he start commenting on her nails she want to keep them up.

I reckon you'll have her as a good client.

I agree with the comments made above Adele ... no question, you absolutely did the right thing.

you know if it had of been april, i'd have thought it was a joke !

i bet she is embarassed by herself.

good on ya hun for sticking to your guns and not backing down !!

i would have kicked her ass!!!

Here here !!!! or hear hear ??? whichever way it go's lol
I agree she will probably leave it a while....then come back...
You did do the right thing....that nail was still part of the full set...IF she would have chosen to not take up the full set then it would be free..no obligation.

I wonder if I order one of them "try before you buy" movable beds...they will knock some money off if I decide to keep it....well y'know it will be a used bed by then :rolleyes:

Sorry to hijack thread.... but this last comment did make me laugh...:lol::lol::lol:

I just have to agree with everything that has been said Adele, good for you..xxxx

On Friday I had a new manicure client, short nails but nice shape etc.

Whilst I was doing her nails she commented on mine, saying she was envious of the length and how she like a french manicure.....I'm currently wearing a Brisa coverage gel with a custom blend free edge - she didn't realise they weren't my own.

She had never had an enhancement of any sort and was a bit dubious, so I offered to do 1 nail free to see how she got on with it. I have done this many times and get a 50% take up, most of them coming back a couple of weeks later.

She rang yesterday to say she loved it so much she wanted a full set so I removed the polish, buffed the gel nail and re topcoated, applied gel to the other 9 nails - job done.

She decided to buy solar oil, I told her the price and she faltered, saying that can't be right - I've only had 9 done.

I said that was the full set price, I hadn't charged for the 'test nail' but she wasn't having it. We went backwards and forwards (the polite smile never slipped off my face) but I would not back down. She eventually paid but would not re-book and I have no doubt I will never see her again.

I was so sure at the time but now am doubting my decision. My husband and Sister both said I was right but I have lost a potential client over a few pounds, which I hate.

I don't do this sort of thing lightly but I think she would always have been trouble and no loss to my business....................What do you all think ???

If she's once a PITA she will always be one.
Good riddance.
Cheeky c*w :hug:

I know you like to keep everyone happy and hate to upset people lovey, but you definitely did the right thing. I'm proud of you for staying strong.

Oh blimey, I've been nice to Adele again!!:eek::green::eek:

Let us know if she comes back.

Ive just read your thread Adele....Some people they just want something for nothing!!!

Did your client think she would get the other 9...FREE!!

You did right Adele....I would'nt lose any sleep over it hun!!

If I was in the client's position I would have asked the price before committing to the treatment. Once it's done you pay for it, if its more than you thought because you never asked, then you smile, hand over the cash and learn a lesson!!

She may or may not come back, but I guess she will check prices elsewhere out of curiosity. Once she realises that she's paid an averageish price (I guess this is so) I don't think it will put her off coming to you for future treatments.

OH NO, What a cheek.
you did the right thing, your work is worth every penny:hug:. I'm sure that as she grows with her nails she will be back, as she will not be able to live without them.
jenx

You did the right thing totally!!

Dont doubt yourself!!

Some people have so much cheek. I had a similar experience the other day.
I had a client for a full set of sculpted bio gel extensions. The client loved them, until the time of payment. she couldnt believe the price (£45.00) which is good for central london standards.
Any way she paid but like you i doubt ill see her again.
I doubted myself after, should i have given her a discount e.t.c but i no i am a good therapist/nail tech and am always professional and offer a great service so why should i adapt my prices for a few people?

I think we will find that there are some tight people out there that dont understand the work involved so stick by your guns.
You did the right thing and you win some and you loose some.

Lisa
ND BTEC Beauty therapist
Bio sculpture nail tech

Sometimes I think it is how the client handles the situation that determines how I handle it. If the client is polite and reasonable then I tend to be the same. However if they sit there demanding their rights then they can go fish, I don't want people telling me how I should run my business.

As for the 9 nails thing, I have very thick hair but I don't ever get charged more because there is more to cut than someone with less hair, and neither do they pay less!!! So why should she expect to get a discount? She had a full set and should pay the full price. As someone already said, she is the loser for the sake of a couple of quid ... and I find that if you give an inch to people like this then they expect it all the time ie my nail just pinged off and I didn't do ANYTHING so I don't expect to have to pay to have it repaired ... erm yeah right! :rolleyes:

well when you think about it, you actually did do 10 nails? so i am amazed that she had the cheek to pull you up on this? i would take it for what it is . . . a client trying to get something for nothing. . . which happens to everyone in different ways. You did absolutly the right thing, and she will be back if she likes her nails, otherwise, like you say, maybe a future problem client if she does return so therfore, no loss to you!! I have a lady who lost a finger some years back, and she once asked if she got a discount when it came to paying for the first time - i said no, she went away, low and behold . . .loved her nails and returned!)

(god arnt we glad that out clients dont know about this site. . . im thinking this lady would know we were talking about her straight away lol)

caf xxx

Thanks all - I feel a LOT better now:)

:hug: Don't feel bad she had a service that needed paying for :hug:

Unless you really want to give away your services for nothing then Im first in line he he he:lol:

You are thinking about this all wrong hun....its her who has lost out over a few pounds....not you. :hug:
That has to be the best advice ever....:hug:

Latest posts

Back